Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Keith holding little Keef.
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 6, 2010 23:41

swiss
...and I'm the one with Mayflower descendants winking smiley

- swiss

Sorry to go OT here, but my mother's side of my family traces back to John & Priscilla Alden, or so I've been told.

Cheers, Swiss, we might be related!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 6, 2010 23:51

SwayStones
Edith Grove
Geez, I have nothing better to look at on a Saturday afternoon.

I am sure you have better things to look at on a late Saturday afternoon,Edith Grove .Check your mail box spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Oh really!eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 7, 2010 00:25

swiss
.I'm not backing down - lovely image! Keith has always been my main man, but I wouldn't mind seeing photos of all of the Rolling Stones' naked, dicks showing--I don't think about it, and wouldn't be drooling, but sure, why not? - swiss

<<Why not ? <<
Come on,swiss !
I am not sure I get you .
Why would you enjoy seeing Jagger,Richards,or Wood naked ?
A c**k is a c**k or a d**k is a d**k -never mind how you name it ,right ?
Ouch , why am I so rude .....grinning smiley
I am rude because I am fed up of these kind of threads under the belt.

The Stones are a Rock 'n roll band .
As I said it to proudmary once or twice,let's go back to the music ,that is to say "Let it rock ".....pun intended spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

<<person on this board who most consistently is not admiring of women and their beauty but makes crude, denigrating, and unkind about women...maybe I shouldn't be surprised<<

swiss,do you remember about the"best looking male musician "thread ?
i am not a feminist but yes, you are all good on this one.thumbs up

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: mockingbird3 ()
Date: November 7, 2010 01:09

Swiss I think you are mis-reading me. I am having the funnest time here. I think most people would see that. I enjoy your passion for the band but sometimes we maybe assume or over-reach an analysis eh? i mean I know do sometimes. i'm having a good experience and many here are funny and thoughtful. I could care less if someone posted a horse d*ck jpg. NO I AM NOT REQUESTING THAT. God this might not be the best forum for irony. ! wel i do believe, as breeders, the WAtts family has a story or two. Maybe a pic!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 7, 2010 01:18

SwayStones
swiss,do you remember about the"best looking male musician "thread ? i am not a feminist but yes, you are all good on this one.thumbs up

I do indeed. (yikes - the thread whose name shall not be spoken of) And you know what? if you were a feminist I wouldn't hold it against you or anyone else winking smiley

SwayStones
swiss
.I'm not backing down - lovely image! Keith has always been my main man, but I wouldn't mind seeing photos of all of the Rolling Stones' naked, dicks showing--I don't think about it, and wouldn't be drooling, but sure, why not? - swiss

<<Why not ? <<
A c**k is a c**k or a d**k is a d**k -never mind how you name it ,right ?

hmmm...really? interesting perspective

I think most peeps would take a look at a naked picture of...well, almost anyone! Humans are curious. Naked is sometimes very attractive, almost always interesting..maybe not spectacularly interesting, but enough to have a look. Male or female. It's like: "huh, that's what so-and-so looks like naked," if nothing else. Sway, you sometimes talk about the beauty of Mick...you saying if you had the chance other than those weird grainy Performance photos you'd be like "no NO! I don't want to see Mick Jagger naked!" really?

-----------------

and mockingbird I didn't misunderstand you...I think others did. I think they thought you were having a difficult time as a "new member" with this discussion. I thought you were saying "Whatevs, it's fun" but was just doublechecking.
----------------

Anyway...I'm not going to post on this again. I will happily look at any photos of Keith. Not only is it "interesting," Keith is a gorgeous man, apparently head to toe!

- swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-07 01:33 by swiss.

Date: November 7, 2010 01:24

and a gorgeous gorgeous almost dare I say it...sublme.,schlongeroonie. From what I'm hearing.

Date: November 7, 2010 01:26

Edith Grove
swiss

- swiss

Sorry to go OT here, but my mother's side of my family traces back to John & Priscilla Alden, or so I've been told.

brief continuing the OT digression: Edith Grove - cool! my "lines" are through William Brewster, William Bradford, and Stephen Hopkins.

If you have an "Alden line," you most likely have at least one other, since there weren't many peeps back then, so they hung out with, and married each other - we probably are distant cousins smiling smiley

If you're ever interested in tracing your lineage the Mayflower Society has great resources and are very helpful...lots of family stories going back a long way can start being pieced together, which can be pretty fun and illuminating. It's also just nice for future generations to have the choice to know where they came from - maybe they don't care, maybe they will but if it's documented it saves future generations a lot of work that gets harder and harder to do over time, even with the internet.
- swiss

Date: November 7, 2010 01:35

Are the descendent families of the African slaves listed on the logs possibly being tracked? That would be generations of fascinating history.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 7, 2010 01:37

swiss
Edith Grove
swiss

- swiss

brief continuing the OT digression: Edith Grove - cool! my "lines" are through William Brewster, William Bradford, and Stephen Hopkins.

If you have an "Alden line," you most likely have at least one other, since there weren't many peeps back then, so they hung out with, and married each other - we probably are distant cousins smiling smiley

If you're ever interested in tracing your lineage the Mayflower Society has great resources and are very helpful...lots of family stories going back a long way can start being pieced together, which can be pretty fun and illuminating. It's also just nice for future generations to have the choice to know where they came from - maybe they don't care, maybe they will but if it's documented it saves future generations a lot of work that gets harder and harder to do over time, even with the internet.
- swiss

And we found this out about each other on a thread about Keith's schlong. grinning smiley

Date: November 7, 2010 03:00

mockingbird3
Are the descendent families of the African slaves listed on the logs possibly being tracked? That would be generations of fascinating history.

hmmm...no African slaves came over on the Mayflower in 1620, mockingbird, or it would've been fascinating history, indeed! The Mayflower Society may have a reputation of being snobbish or eliteist but it's a genealogical organization, filled with geeked out research-y people like me, a librarian interested in all eras of history. If some peeps wanna believe they or god chose their genealogy, so be it. As far as I've been able to tell, we are who we are--we didn't choose stuff like our history or where we come from, our native talents or innate foibles. Can't claim any rights to brag about it. No need to be ashamed either.

Histories of servants, indentured and otherwise, are definitely available and their descendants are members of the Mayflower Society. African slavery didn't start up in New England til the 18th, rather than 17th, century when the Pilgrims settled the Massachusetts Bay Colony.

There are a few awesome genealogical efforts to connect former slaves and slaveowners to help black Americans somewhat reconstruct their brutally disrupted family histories, and --in my opinion-- to connect slaveowner descendants with the reality that their families did own other people. Part, perhaps, of an ongoing learning and healing process that we've kinda glossed over in America, nigh on all these years. The more connected we feel to our own personal history the more obvious it becomes how connected we are to our shared/collective pasts, and how connected we all are, and always have been in this outrageous sea of humaity. My family ran an undergound RR stop in Ohio in the 1800s. I have one story told by my gg grandmother of a slave escape from Kentucky to Ohio, where they were housed by my gg grandmother's family, including the name of the slave family, and one son named in particular who became the first black attorney years later in Cleveland. I have tried for 10 years to find this family, to no avail. So yeah, those of us who have a nicely documented history are kinda lucky, and hopefully will help out those whose families our families interacted with to figure out their own stories.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-07 03:05 by swiss.

Date: November 7, 2010 03:02

Edith Grove
swiss
Edith Grove
swiss

- swiss

- swiss

And we found this out about each other on a thread about Keith's schlong. grinning smiley[/quote/]

A uniquely 21st century possibility! grinning smiley

Date: November 7, 2010 10:28

Fascinating thank you Swiss. I'm a history fan but just a reader and not a proper student. I wouldn't dispute your serious research as a Mayflower descendent as far as African slaves on the ship, but tgenerally the "indentured servant" of Native or African race was typically, not always, never going to buy their freedom. Also there were African slaves in the colonies in 1619 a year before your folks made the Mayflower voyage. Jamestown had received them from a Dutch vessel that was having a bad time of it. A big subject not for rock forum as there is so much material! Thanks for clearing me up on the Mayflower situation and. slaves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-07 10:33 by mockingbird3.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home