Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Barbarians - San Diego 79
Date: April 10, 2012 21:01

I just bought a bootleg DVD and 4 or 5 songs from this concert are shown. The quality isn't great but the video is very interesting. A one point during a song, Keith and Ronnie get very upset with someone in the front and they start challenging him to a fight. The song continues but you could clearly see Keith inviting this person on stage. I would download it on you tube (if I knew how).

Has anyone ever seen this, or know the story behind it? It's one of the few times I've seen them lose their cool on stage.

Re: New Barbarians - San Diego 79
Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: April 10, 2012 21:37

The one time I met Big Jim Callaghan (Thunder Bay Ontario 1992 - he was working for Bob Dylan), he told a story which he said was from San Diego on the Steel Wheels Tour where Keith had called him from the stage in order to deal with a guy who was abusing a woman and was on "angel dust". I, of course, did not correct him and tell him that there was no San Diego stop on the Steel Wheels tour. A couple of years later I saw the San Diego New Barbs video. This was clearly the incident he was talking about cos Keith does call for "JC" through the mic.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: April 11, 2012 00:36

There is a lap of just 10 years between both concerts in San Diego

Posted by: snibbs1234 ()
Date: April 11, 2012 00:43

I thought a few years ago, i heard a report that incicdent was someone was using a laser ?.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 11, 2012 00:48

Yeah, thats a real commom video thats been circulating for a good while. My first copy was on VHS around 1997 0r 98. Theres at least 3 songs on youtube I'm not sure if the scuffle is on there or not. Isnt it during "Breathe On Me"? Ronnie throws a cup of beer at the guy. Seems like I remember Keith yelling "Listen to me you f-cker" and "JC !! You better get down here before I kill the kim" or something similiar.. its hard to make alot out.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 11, 2012 09:15

Ronnie says something about "hitting girls with a flashlight"
and yeah Keith roars "JC stop that fcker before i kill him"

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: April 11, 2012 12:16

If there's something weird
and it don't look good

Who you gonna call?

JC

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 11, 2012 14:00

scottkeef
Yeah, thats a real commom video thats been circulating for a good while. My first copy was on VHS around 1997 0r 98. Theres at least 3 songs on youtube I'm not sure if the scuffle is on there or not. Isnt it during "Breathe On Me"? Ronnie throws a cup of beer at the guy. Seems like I remember Keith yelling "Listen to me you f-cker" and "JC !! You better get down here before I kill the kim" or something similiar.. its hard to make alot out.

looked around for it..

if someone has it, post it on youtube please! that would be interesting to see

cool smiley

Date: April 11, 2012 16:48

Duke, I do have the video but I have never posted anything to you tube. This will be my weekend project!

Is there anyway I can post the video straight onto this site?

Date: April 11, 2012 16:50

Theres three songs on you tube from this show but 'Breathe on Me " doesnt seem to be one of them.D, if you want a copy of the show I can send it to you. ;-) (Its on a disc with the Knebworth Fair show which they used a different bass player than Stanley Clarke for)

Date: April 11, 2012 22:10

withaheadfullofsnow
Duke, I do have the video but I have never posted anything to you tube. This will be my weekend project!

Is there anyway I can post the video straight onto this site?

I use Windows Live Moviemaker to post to youtube. Just create an account and youtube will pretty much walk you thru it. Believe me, if I can figure it out, ANYONE can!!! Good luck! ( and D, I'll take care of ya ;-)

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 16, 2012 00:46

scottkeef
Theres three songs on you tube from this show but 'Breathe on Me " doesnt seem to be one of them.D, if you want a copy of the show I can send it to you. ;-) (Its on a disc with the Knebworth Fair show which they used a different bass player than Stanley Clarke for)

Yeah Phil Chen of "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy" fame! eye popping smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home