Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Charlie Interview today - nothing about the tour...
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: March 14, 2012 23:38

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

but some interesting material none the less

Re: Charlie Interview today - nothing about the tour...
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 14, 2012 23:52

Interesting...

What about Street Fighting Man, with its giant acoustic guitar and great walloping drumbeat?

“That was done with a tiny little drum kit, a toy drum kit, and Keith Richards playing acoustic guitar into an old cassette recorder. We used to experiment with a lot of things like that, then we tried it in the studio and overdubbed the bass drum. In fact, I think the bass drum was played by Dave Mason, the guitarist from Traffic.

Funny how these little bits of info come out, even decades later. I wish Dave would open up and talk about his contributions to Beggars Banquet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-14 23:55 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 18, 2012 15:59

"We’ve been lucky that we’ve been able to afford the time to do that, because most people are in the studio for the day and out again,” he reflects. As a case in point, his ABC&D outfit are about to release a live album recorded on a loose-change budget at the Duc des Lombards club in Paris. “There’s no mixing or anything,” he says. “It’s called cheap.”

I'll be getting that - I wonder if that's the same night that was broadcast on French radio?

Posted by: mitchflorida1 ()
Date: March 18, 2012 17:04

THERE AIN'T GONNA BE A TOUR.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 18, 2012 20:30

Interesting. Thanks for the link.

Charlie: "I don’t think Led Zeppelin had the heart to carry on without John Bonham. John was so much a part of that sound. I don’t know if you ever stood near them onstage, but it was a hell of a bloody sound.” Oh, come on, Charlie, I think most people have stood next to Zeppelin on stage!

(P.S. Why do people LOOOOVE to proclaim there won't be tours? People posted that before the last two tours. I think at a minimum the Stones'll do a residence somewhere, like Rod Stewart's been doing recently at the Colosseum in Las Vegas—where I saw him last year and he was fantastic. I guess people love to imagine themselves oracles of Delphi)

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 18, 2012 22:53

is charlie gonna play the states or not?

Date: March 19, 2012 07:31

melillo
is charlie gonna play the states or not?

Bill won't fly so no.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 19, 2012 15:09

Hope to have ABC&D Eastleigh 09 and Southampton 11 recordings circulating soon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1446
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home