Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

from my local newspaper: TOUR - related
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: March 13, 2012 17:49

They`re using words like "the expected 50th anniversary 2013 tour" and "possibly". Today`s article is mainly `bout the fact that financing from the local businesses seems to be settled, so that Drontheim is first in the queue when speaking of Norway. See link:

[www.adressa.no]

Re: from my local newspaper: TOUR - related
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 13, 2012 18:15

That's great for Trondheim. BV should know about it.

Re: from my local newspaper: TOUR - related
Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: March 14, 2012 00:30

Translation of the most significant content:

Trondheim first in Line

Mick Jagger & co celebrates 50 years as artists. The anniversary tour might stop at GranĂ¥sen (ski jump arena).

It's been close a couple of times before, but now it finally seems that Trondheim will get the next norwegian Stones-show, if the band decides to make a stop in Norway.

-We have been given a promise by the concert promoter - Live Nation - that the band will visit Trondheim on the next tour if we have a suitable arena, and the economics sorted.There are positive signals from lokal businesses regarding this matter, says Terje Nilsen who works with Jan Engen on this project.

Live Nation executive Rune Lem largely confirms this, but states that they can not guarantee that this will happen.

We have promised to talk to Terje Nilsen before anyone else if there's a possibility that the Stones will visit Norway, says Lem in an e-mail to Adresseavisen.

The first opportunity might be as early as 2013, as it is expected that the Stones will head out on an anniversary tour. In that case, GranĂ¥sen is a possible arena for the event, and Nilsen believes a total number of 50.000 attendees is possible. That will mean the largest outdoor concert ever arranged in Norway, not counting free concerts. Only the free concerts in Frognerparken and at Raadhusplassen in Oslo have had more spectators.

Nilsen has tried to get the Stones to Trondheim ever since he was involved with the concert at Valle Hovin, Oslo 1990. He was very close in 2002, but the investors backed out in spite of a contract with the rock legends regarding a concert in Trondheim. Now Nilsen is more optimistic than ever.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1975
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home