Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones on Parenthood tv show last night
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 29, 2012 22:25

Anyone see the finale last night of Parenthood on NBC? They played She's So Cold during one of the character's wedding reception. The people running that show always have great taste in music so while I thought it was an odd choice for a wedding reception, a good choice nonetheless.

Re: Rolling Stones on Parenthood tv show last night
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: March 1, 2012 00:58

Missed it! That sounds pretty funny, though. Once they had a Talking Heads song on in the background and one of the younger characters goes, "Is this Television?" to which an older character responds: "Television? How do you know Television?"

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 1, 2012 01:44

Parenthood is a great show, great characters, interesting plot line, and of course great taste in music.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 1, 2012 03:09

Yup, I remember the Television part. And yes it was a very good episode. Wrapped everything up nicely but I guess thats because the show is unfortunately always on the verge of getting cancelled. But yes, always have very great music. Played a great Death Cab For Cutie song last week and I remember they played Pearl Jam's "Supersonic" at a soccer game once.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 1, 2012 03:58

Saw it! Love the show.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 1, 2012 04:06

Tate
Missed it! That sounds pretty funny, though. Once they had a Talking Heads song on in the background and one of the younger characters goes, "Is this Television?" to which an older character responds: "Television? How do you know Television?"

I'm pretty sure that Talking Heads is right next to Television on MY shelf...
Maybe on the tv characters' shelf too...

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: March 1, 2012 05:13

Yeah, schillid... I think the Heads/ Television association was intentional. Clever producers!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 1, 2012 07:38

Rock songs at weddings are cool! My favorite was playing Fearless by Pink Floyd during a wedding of a couple friends. It was the song as the bride fearlessly walked down the isle with her Dad. lol peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1923
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home