Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Richards and The Economist
Posted by: phd ()
Date: February 18, 2012 17:52

That's how begins on this week issue an headline article about Greece : " Bill Hicks, a comedian, used to joke that there must be " a ledge beyond the edge".How else could the survival of Keith Richards be explained ? What goes for rock stars also appears to go for Greece".

Re: Keith Richards and The Economist
Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: February 18, 2012 19:57

The Economist? Disgusting...I guess that most of the nerds writing the articles don't even know where Greece is.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 18, 2012 20:44

I think The Economist covers the world better than most news mags.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: February 20, 2012 18:30

Yes, the world according to the Economist.. Meanwhile, 'Let's think of the wavering millions, who need leaders but get gamblers instead'

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: February 20, 2012 19:09

I think the Economist provides better overall news than any American news magazine. I love it when I am in Europe, I think all of you Europeans are much more mature and civilized than most of us in America. If I was independently weathly I would live in Europe and have a beach house in the USA.

We are still in a deep recession with a lot of young people either unemployed or under employed. The only other thing that is creeping up on us is the price of gasoline which is getting closer to $4.00 again, that's expensive for us. I am keeping my Yaris for the time being.

Just a word to everyone on this board, I enjoy your comments and I enjoy your company.

see ya
Chris

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: February 20, 2012 20:02

I thought the thread title was trying out another nickname for Jagger-Richards, like "The Glimmer Twins" or "Mick n' Keef"...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 20, 2012 20:14

The Economist is an excellent mag, Keith comment aside.

Date: February 20, 2012 20:36

loog droog
I thought the thread title was trying out another nickname for Jagger-Richards, like "The Glimmer Twins" or "Mick n' Keef"...

I just thought about The Edge and The Ledge. Solely.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 20, 2012 21:33

phd
loog droog

I thought the thread was about Keith taking his newly discovered prodigous talents and writing an article for the Economist.

"You can keep the money pal"....or something.

Date: February 21, 2012 21:42

treaclefingers
phd
loog droog

I thought the thread was about Keith taking his newly discovered prodigous talents and writing an article for the Economist.

"You can keep the money pal"....or something.

After "Life", Keith is going to talk to you about "Money". He could make it with his cynicism.....

Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: February 22, 2012 01:46

Kirk
The Economist? Disgusting...I guess that most of the nerds writing the articles don't even know where Greece is.

Could not agree more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home