Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T Robert Plant, Liverpool Olympia, Thursday 21st October 2010
Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: October 22, 2010 10:59

Hello,

Nevermind 'Band Of Joy', last night was more like fun! For the 95 minutes that this band were onstage, a smile or a laugh was never far away, whether it was Planty talking back to some jokers in front of the stage or charming his foil Patty Griffin mid-song...the old boy still enjoys himself.

The set-list was drawn mainly from his latest long-player, as well as 'Raising Sand' but he also included several Led Zeppelin numbers such as 'Tangerine', 'Black Dog', 'Misty Mountain Hop', 'Houses Of The Holy', 'Gallows Pole' and 'Rock And Roll'.

You can probably imagine how delirious the 2000-strong crowd were on hearing these still great songs even if we were unfamiliar with their new country/folk-inspried arrangements. His band-mates include Buddy Miller, Darrell Scott, Byron House, Marco Giovino as well as Ms. Griffin so you know that they will deliver.

Such is the love for Planty that he is given this kind of licence: he knows that all it takes is a flick of his right leg and he is hoisting the mic stand like the old days...in fact a lot of his mannerisms are intact, and the years fall away when he sings, still.

One final thing: I would love to know why Planty chose this venue.- was it as a favour to the promotor? I only ask because it is such a curiousity...built in 1905 and previously used as an indoor circus and variety theatre, it has obviously seen better days. Having said that, I'm glad that he did as this venue had a real charm about it- it will be a shame when eventually it closes it's doors.

Back to the show...

Cheers,

Si.

Re: O/T Robert Plant, Liverpool Olympia, Thursday 21st October 2010
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 22, 2010 11:41

Wow. Hoping to catch him at the Roundhouse if I can get hold of a ticket Simon. No spares there perchance?

Date: October 22, 2010 11:51

Plant did a very poor appearance on norwegian tv last friday, imo. But I can see that this band could be fun. Very loose and almost stonesy in a way.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: October 22, 2010 12:47

Hi S.D.,

I would keep checking www.scarletmist.com, www.seetickets.com as well as The Roundhouse.

If you really wanna see the band I would go to the venue on the night as there will be punters who haven't turned-up for whatever reason.

Worth the effort!

Cheers,

Si.

ps plus you could try [www.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-22 14:58 by SimonN.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 22, 2010 17:29

Will attend to next Sunday's gig...Sure it will be great.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home