Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Let It Loose - alt. artist take
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 26, 2011 23:04

In the top 5 of all Stone's tunes for me. Here's another take on it. peace.

Re: Let It Loose - alt. artist take
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 26, 2011 23:23

A great song, one massively underrated and this is a decent cover. If I'm ever stressed I play this on my guitar and it just melts away the turmoil...with a large spliff of course!

Thanks for the post

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 27, 2011 00:46

.......Fanks for posting Naturalust....
good effort from that guy/guys esp those haunting double vocals in the first half of the tune

ROCKMAN

Date: September 27, 2011 17:50

Rockman
.......Fanks for posting Naturalust....
good effort from that guy/guys esp those haunting double vocals in the first half of the tune

anything for you Rockman, you have given much to this IORR experience. Summer sun heading your way. peace.

Date: September 27, 2011 17:55

crumbling_mice
A great song, one massively underrated and this is a decent cover. If I'm ever stressed I play this on my guitar and it just melts away the turmoil...with a large spliff of course!

Thanks for the post

I and I crumbling_mice. peace.

Date: September 30, 2011 19:52

Here is a cool instrumental from that same artist. September 20 Something.
peace.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 30, 2011 21:45

My all time fav Stones track, not wacky about this vocal, especially when I can hear Mick's version in my head.

Date: September 30, 2011 23:31

mickschix
My all time fav Stones track, not wacky about this vocal, especially when I can hear Mick's version in my head.

yeah I love Mick's version too. He kinda went all out on that and he really gets going on it near the end. Kinda have to do something different cause you can't beat it trying to do the same thing, it's perfect. Piano is awesome on the original too, makes the track for me. peace.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 30, 2011 23:37

Naturalust
Here is a cool instrumental from that same artist. September 20 Something.
peace.

Really cool song, love it

Date: September 30, 2011 23:57

On 2nd listen... Nice mix of accoustic and electric... almost like the accoustic is the drums and the electric is... well, the electric... and I have never had a problem with no vocals in a song...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-01 00:14 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 1, 2011 02:14

Agreed, Naturalust!! Mick sure did put it all out there on that vocal. Pure GOLD!

Date: October 1, 2011 21:29

mickschix
Agreed, Naturalust!! Mick sure did put it all out there on that vocal. Pure GOLD!

thumbs up yeah it was an authentic performance. He must've been really feeling it , that kind of anguished man thing. Hard for successful artists with comfortable emotional lives to do that it would seem, probably why we haven't got anything quite as good from Mick since. But of course, how can you top perfect?, even if you're Mick Jagger. peace.

Posted by: ThankGod ()
Date: October 1, 2011 21:55

Naturalust
In the top 5 of all Stone's tunes for me. Here's another take on it. peace.

So this is you singing and playing then Naturalust.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 1, 2011 23:48

.....arrrr so that's what Pagey looks like ...
............Kinda like Daniel Day in There Will be Blood ...

ROCKMAN

Date: October 2, 2011 06:02

ThankGod

So this is you singing and playing then Naturalust.

Afraid so ThankGod. Here is another one with just two tracks of acoustic guitar and a vocal. Low tech hi heart...recorded into a $19 soundcard on a 13 year old PC. No Olympic studios polish and gimmicks. Same as Let it Loose actually. It's a David Gray piano tune that hooked me a while back. With your monkier you may like the "gods helps the stupid" tune I have up on You Tube too. Ok I'm off the the Hardly Strictly Bluegrasss festival in San Francisco, HUGE lineup of talent there tomorrow. peace.

Date: October 2, 2011 06:18

Well... that is all very interesting, these songs are you Naturalust?....hmmmm.... very cool, thanks for sharing. I like the September 20 something best of all, it sounds mixed rather well, to my ears anyway.

Have fun at your fest.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 2, 2011 08:04

Date: October 2, 2011 16:55

Max'sKansasCity
Well... that is all very interesting, these songs are you Naturalust?....hmmmm.... very cool, thanks for sharing. I like the September 20 something best of all, it sounds mixed rather well, to my ears anyway.

Have fun at your fest.

Thanks for listening MKC, I appreciate you here on IORR! The September 20 Something tune is not mixed in the traditional sense. It is a recording of a live performance, Just acoustic guitar, using a looping footswitch. It records when I step on it and just keeps looping what I played after I punch out (step on it again). So it is really a live improvisation. What you hear is what was played live, warts and all. peace.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 2, 2011 22:02

Nice work
You have nice microphones my man!!
Can I borrow one by post?

Date: October 2, 2011 22:40

Naturalust
Max'sKansasCity

Have fun at your fest.

Thanks for listening MKC, I appreciate you here on IORR! The September 20 Something tune is not mixed in the traditional sense. It is a recording of a live performance, Just acoustic guitar, using a looping footswitch. It records when I step on it and just keeps looping what I played after I punch out (step on it again). So it is really a live improvisation. What you hear is what was played live, warts and all. peace.

awesomesmileys with beer

Have you ever looked at the home multi track recorders? like the Boss multi track recorders? They are very affordable and sound pretty good... When I was starting out I bought one of the 4 track cassette versions... and then later got a good deal on the Boss BR1200. [www.musiciansfriend.com] They both work pretty darn good, for my purposes anyway.

And I am more than willing to promise, and state for the record, that I am not paid or compensated in any way for posting anything on the this board. I am only here to have fun and share information.

Date: October 6, 2011 01:33

Max'sKansasCity
Naturalust
Max'sKansasCity

Have fun at your fest.

awesomesmileys with beer

Have you ever looked at the home multi track recorders? like the Boss multi track recorders? They are very affordable and sound pretty good... When I was starting out I bought one of the 4 track cassette versions... and then later got a good deal on the Boss BR1200. [www.musiciansfriend.com] They both work pretty darn good, for my purposes anyway.

And I am more than willing to promise, and state for the record, that I am not paid or compensated in any way for posting anything on the this board. I am only here to have fun and share information.

thanks mck, I have 24 tracks of DA-88 and a 48 track Euphonix R1 multitrack recorder (too expensive but sweet), I just LIKE to record more simply these days. I'll post some studio stuff soon , more mixed more players different kind of recording.I started with tyhe 4 track cassette multitracks , but recording live is so much more fun. I have a protools rig I use sometimes and load of friend who work at Avid (digi parent company) . I like to let other guys press buttons. I will check that boss one out. I use their OD-1 distortion pedal sometimes. I love their original orange handheled tuner. peace

Date: October 6, 2011 01:37

Naturalust
Max'sKansasCity
Naturalust
Max'sKansasCity

Have fun at your fest.

awesomesmileys with beer

thanks mck, I have 24 tracks of DA-88 and a 48 track Euphonix R1 multitrack recorder (too expensive but sweet), I just LIKE to record more simply these days. I'll post some studio stuff soon , more mixed more players different kind of recording.I started with tyhe 4 track cassette multitracks , but recording live is so much more fun. I have a protools rig I use sometimes and load of friend who work at Avid (digi parent company) . I like to let other guys press buttons. I will check that boss one out. I use their OD-1 distortion pedal sometimes. I love their original orange handheled tuner. peace

I was guessing you probably had some bad ass equiment...but just in case I thought I would throw that out..... I have been happy with the BR1200, but you have the real deal.... look forward to more of your music.

Date: October 6, 2011 16:40

Max'sKansasCity
Naturalust
Max'sKansasCity
Naturalust
Max'sKansasCity

Have fun at your fest.

awesomesmileys with beer

I was guessing you probably had some bad ass equiment...but just in case I thought I would throw that out..... I have been happy with the BR1200, but you have the real deal.... look forward to more of your music.

thx again mkc! the real deal is the trio of fingers heart and head, no? love to hear some of your music. too, peace,

Date: October 6, 2011 20:16

Naturalust
thx again mkc! the real deal is the trio of fingers heart and head, no? love to hear some of your music. too, peace,

Maybe someday, but probably not here... but thanks for askingsmoking smiley

Would have been cool to see a big music fest under the golden gate bridge, that sounds like a great time.

"trio of fingers heart and head"... that is where the magic can happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-07 02:42 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 19, 2011 21:20

Munichhilton
Nice work
You have nice microphones my man!!
Can I borrow one by post?

Thanks MH. Any large diaphram mic these days can capture subtle stuff and reproduce better that average recordings. Thank the Australians for my current one , made by Rode, not sure the model but it looks just like the Neumann large diaphram ones and costs alot less. Some have two diaphrams some only one.

The technology is close at hand to allow us to collaborate over the internet, I was working on some on that stuff with a company from Palo Alto called Euphonix back in 1999, it wasn't real time but it was close. Send me a vocal track separated from a guitar track and I'll spice it up for you, send it back, no problem. Maybe add some harmony vocals...peace.

Date: November 2, 2011 22:43

well here is another cover. Not quite good enough to be on the Elton John thread so I'm posting it here. Mandolin and Acoustic guitar, from the backyard.
Madman Across the Water. peace.

Date: November 25, 2011 08:59

oops

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-25 10:45 by Naturalust.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1484
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home