Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Jagger' heroin addiction
Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 19:57

Never happened. Mick wasn't a junkie.
White wines and white lines. Weed of course.

Re: From Wikipedia
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 27, 2010 20:33

Bliss
"Chasing the dragon" ... refers to inhaling the smoke from heated morphine, heroin or opium that has been placed on a piece of foil. The 'chasing' occurs as the user gingerly keeps the liquid moving in order to keep it from coalescing into a single, unmanageable mass.[1]

"Chasing the dragon" as an ingestion method has been accomplished with various vaporizing apparatus, including traditional opium pipes. A makeshift method involves putting the substance in an empty teapot, heating it over a stove, and inhaling through the nozzle via the nose or mouth. Heating on a length of aluminum foil and inhaling through a tube (usually a cut-up pen or section of aluminum foil rolled into a tube) is another common method.

Such ingestion may pose less immediate danger to the user than injecting heroin, due to eliminating the risk of transmission of HIV, hepatitis, and other diseases through needle sharing, as well as the stress that injection puts on veins. A small puff can be inhaled as a method of gauging the strength of the heroin.[citation needed] Also, the lungs can act to filter out additional pollutants that otherwise would pass directly into the bloodstream; however, in any case, it is never harmless to expose the lungs to any kind of smoke.

Thanks for the info. cool smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 27, 2010 22:07

SwayStones
Two thoughts come to my mind :

1 / I thought that Jerry Hall was more "classy" than her writings show.
I can't stand women who split on their ex husband or BF,unless he is a serial killer or a pedophil.
I must confess I bought many years ago her book " From Texas to Jagger" ,but since it was in French,I've been thinking that the" weakness of her talk" was due to the translation....

2/ I do not have any doubt that Jagger tried ,experimented and took what they call " heavy drugs"
About LSD,I can't tell .
I do think that Jagger used coke but I cannot see him being in an heroin addiction .
Because Jagger is -and was always - a control freak .
Because I cannot believe that he could be an "heroïnomane " for that long.It would have leave/left some trails.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: September 27, 2010 22:24

I'm afraid Jerry Hall has always had a) a big mouth and b) a very tenuous connection to the truth. She has in the past claimed she and Mick were responsible for getting Keith off drugs and I have heard her on a tv interview actually claim that she never employed a full time nanny - at one point they had two! Let alone her absurd claims that Mick never paid the bills and she honestly believed that she was legally married to him.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 22:49

Lady Jayne
I'm afraid Jerry Hall has always had a) a big mouth and b) a very tenuous connection to the truth. She has in the past claimed she and Mick were responsible for getting Keith off drugs and I have heard her on a tv interview actually claim that she never employed a full time nanny - at one point they had two! Let alone her absurd claims that Mick never paid the bills and she honestly believed that she was legally married to him.

Ditto. As Bryan Ferry once said, she tends to exxagerate. From her telling, she single-handedly "saved" Mick from drugs.....She claimed she refused to see him until he stopped using said drugs. Realistically, I was always got the impression, even as a kid at the time, that Jagger was going through a difficult breakup, she was rebound - simple. No doubt he grew to love her through the years, but her version of the truth seems to exist in a vaccuum, while Mick no doubt, has his own "truth". She has always demonstrated her own naivete and gullibility and deesn't seem to have grown out of that. As Bryan Ferry said at the time her first "memoior" was released, "All that glitters is not gold."

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 27, 2010 22:59

In 76 at least he smoked some now and then. I know that. But don't think he was really addicted to it.
Hall doesn't know nothing about drugs. So it's not all to be taken too seriously.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 27, 2010 23:57

I once read an interview with Michael Lindsay-Hogg,film director, who shot TRS R&R Circus, Angie clip and so on. He said, that Jagger told him(among other things)that he was taking the same drugs as Keith was taking, all of them. Mick thought that it's all about chemistry, that his metabolism allows him to take drugs and not become addicted, while Keith can't.
I've thought then it's sounds strange, but now I think maybe it's true.
BTW, Jerry is for sure not classy, but she knows smth. about drugs. Come on, she was a model and was at Studio 54 24\7.
|

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 28, 2010 00:58

Rumors of Mick's addictions have been grossly exaggerated through the years and the TALL TALES grow taller every time Jerry opens her BIG Texan mouth. Not to say he didn't dabble but I agree, he was way too controlled to give in to drugs on a regular basis. I think that his allegiance to his strict parents had something to do with his willpower. Plus he has a strict conscience and the guilt would have been too much. Now the ladies are another story!! Jerry will never get over that he got tired of her. I do think he had real affection for her though.

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: September 28, 2010 01:29

mickschix
Rumors of Mick's addictions have been grossly exaggerated through the years and the TALL TALES grow taller every time Jerry opens her BIG Texan mouth. Not to say he didn't dabble but I agree, he was way too controlled to give in to drugs on a regular basis. I think that his allegiance to his strict parents had something to do with his willpower. Plus he has a strict conscience and the guilt would have been too much. Now the ladies are another story!! Jerry will never get over that he got tired of her. I do think he had real affection for her though.

I'm sure he did love her but it does seem like it could have been a marriage of convenience for Mick if she is as naive as she comes across or at least pretends to be. I agree that she may originally been just a rebound relationship but it clearly developed. I'm not sure about the marriage itself but she certainly seems to have some lingering resentment although they and the kids claim that Mick and Jerry remain friends. Maybe she just needs a bit of cash?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 28, 2010 02:16

It seems that Mick was a little more cautious as a drug user. There are people who understand the term 'recreational' as opposed to full time job. Heroin can probably suck in most people in a very short time. My money would be on Jagger always wanting to maintain a semblance of control. He may have done a lot of acid '66 or '67, and saw that it almost wrecked the band. If he needed any reminders of psychedelic excess, there sat one Mr. Jones. And then he got to witness heroin's ravages in the physical guise of his writing partner. LSD would be one f-d up drug to be addicted to. It leaves your head like Swiss cheese for a few days. Doing it once a week for a while would be hard enough on the brain.

Date: September 28, 2010 03:05

mickschix
Rumors of Mick's addictions have been grossly exaggerated through the years and the TALL TALES grow taller every time Jerry opens her BIG Texan mouth.quote]

Good one.

Posted by: bianca ()
Date: September 28, 2010 06:13

I'm not sure why people insist Mick did this or did that when they don't have the slightest idea what really happened.

Not being part of Mick's circle of friends, we don't have a clue what his habits were or were not. Jerry Hall certainly was in the know, and I find it hard to imagine that she made up this story out of thin air. I believe her, and it is interesting to me that Mick used heroin.

For those of you that take great offence to stories like this, lighten up. We live for stories like this. Isn't that why IORR.org is part of our daily routine?

Posted by: cc ()
Date: September 28, 2010 06:55

bianca
I'm not sure why people insist Mick did this or did that when they don't have the slightest idea what really happened.

Not being part of Mick's circle of friends, we don't have a clue what his habits were or were not. Jerry Hall certainly was in the know, and I find it hard to imagine that she made up this story out of thin air. I believe her, and it is interesting to me that Mick used heroin.

For those of you that take great offence to stories like this, lighten up. We live for stories like this. Isn't that why IORR.org is part of our daily routine?

read her quote: it's secondhand info at best. She only says mick _told_ her he had been using heroin; she doesn't seem to have seen him in action. Thus there's ample room for doubt: mick may have been "blowing smoke" when he made the comment (talking himself up as a raging rock star), or she may be blowing it now.

Date: September 28, 2010 11:35

bianca

I'm agree with bianca
Keith also said in couples of last Exile' interviews that Mick never was dope-clean like people think, and at the time of Exile he was taking everything. Now I guess we can to trust Keith

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: September 28, 2010 11:42

proudmary
Keith also said in couples of last Exile' interviews that Mick never was dope-clean like people think, and at the time of Exile he was taking everything. Now I guess we can to trust Keith

But did Mick ever claim to have been drug-free? I don´t think so. It seems that he always had them under control, that he knew how much his body can take and when to stop.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: September 28, 2010 12:07

elunsi
proudmary

But did Mick ever claim to have been drug-free? I don´t think so. It seems that he always had them under control, that he knew how much his body can take and when to stop.

I don't think Mick ever said he was drug free. But obviously he wasn't addicted to any significant degree. Of course we don't know everything about his private life, but if he'd been even half like Keith in the '70s or like Charlie in the '80s we would probably have known now.

By the way, I'm not sure smoking heroin was very common in the '70s? From reading biographies and other books, I got the picture that sniffing was the primary method for non-needle users. Eric Clapton, for example, was very addicted in the early '70s but never used needles. Instead he sniffed large amounts. I think Spanish Tony paints a similar picture in his book. Free-basing (inhaling the fumes from a piece of foil or similar) became popular in the late '70s or so. Correct me if I'm wrong. And as far as I know smoking is stronger than sniffing but leaner than injecting.

Date: September 28, 2010 12:08

elunsi
proudmary

No, Mick said on many occasions that he did drugs, but he didn't say which kind of drugswinking smiley

The point with heroin - "how much" and "when to stop" just do not work

Posted by: arizojp ()
Date: September 28, 2010 13:07

Mick Jagger : "We don't use drugs..." (1970) grinning smiley

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 28, 2010 17:38

LieB

By the way, I'm not sure smoking heroin was very common in the '70s? From reading biographies and other books, I got the picture that sniffing was the primary method for non-needle users. Eric Clapton, for example, was very addicted in the early '70s but never used needles. Instead he sniffed large amounts. I think Spanish Tony paints a similar picture in his book. Free-basing (inhaling the fumes from a piece of foil or similar) became popular in the late '70s or so. Correct me if I'm wrong. And as far as I know smoking is stronger than sniffing but leaner than injecting.

No, it was not common in the 70's in Europe - but in other parts of the world. And the Stones have been trendsetters in many ways. Keith was shooting up, other members smoked some in the mid-70's. Sanchez wasn't really around anymore at that time (only occasionally). Reg your last sentence: in the end it's all the same . .

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 28, 2010 19:23

this is still probablythe biggest reason why she wrote this book...her hatred runs deep......

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Posted by: melvin ()
Date: September 28, 2010 19:33

We know that Mick and his band mates smoke opium in the trailer at Altamont.
It is also common knowledge that Jagger had a bit of a coke habit for a while. It does not surprise me that there was a variety of drugs taken. Look at Woody - he took mass quantities of anything he could get up his nose.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 28, 2010 19:34

arizojp
Mick Jagger : "We don't use drugs..." (1970) grinning smiley

She don't lie, she don't lie she, don't lie....smoking smiley

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 28, 2010 21:32

Biting the hands that feeds should be the title of her so called book.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 28, 2010 21:52

WeLoveYou
Her first autobiography was call "Tall Tales". How ironic...

Maybe she should have called the book "Fairy Tales"...

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: September 28, 2010 22:02

Maybe he smoked some smack so he could come down off of the coke. You got to do something - take some pills, drink something. Coming down off that sh*t is the worst.

Date: September 28, 2010 22:40

stupidguy2
mickschix
Rumors of Mick's addictions have been grossly exaggerated through the years and the TALL TALES grow taller every time Jerry opens her BIG Texan mouth.quote]

Good one.

True, we love this stuff, but we also love to debate this stuff. I was a lone Stones fans for years before the internet and now I get to talk about this shit with other Stones fans. Who else can we talk about it with and not seem pathetic and ridiculous? Plus, Ms. Hall has a tendency to over-dramatise things. Bryan Ferry compared her first book unfavorably to Barbara Cartland, the queen of the cheap romance novellas. He called it "slightly exxagerated". Like someone suggested, Mick might have been just blowing smoke. He did, after all, convince her that they were legally married. So many may understandably question the validity of this claim. Not that she's lying, she may have really believed it, but what if was blowing smoke? So now a very private man's alleged clandestine herion use is for the world to know. Why, because Jerry Hall apparenly "weaned" him off drugs. The only reason to tell? to make herself look good. That's the whole point of this claim and that irks.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: September 28, 2010 22:45

mickschix
Jerry will never get over that he got tired of her.

You are so right. She will never get over it!

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: September 28, 2010 23:45

Midnight Toker
Biting the hands that feeds should be the title of her so called book.

It's no "so called" because it actually is a book. As for "biting the hands" etc wasn't Jerry rich anyway?

Besides who knows whether she's totally accurate apart from Mick and her?

Date: September 28, 2010 23:58

To Jerry's excuse I'd like to post this article. She doesn't look silly, vulgar or naive here. Quite the opposite. And she doesn't speak about Mick for a change(just a bit)

Lunch with Jerry Hall Financial Times
[www.ft.com]

Date: September 29, 2010 01:37

proudmary
To Jerry's excuse I'd like to post this article. She doesn't look silly, vulgar or naive here. Quite the opposite. And she doesn't speak about Mick for a change(just a bit)

Lunch with Jerry Hall Financial Times
[www.ft.com]

But she gives an interview about every other month with varying degrees of Mick-isms and her newfound wisdom. It gets old and its only just begun with the "book" coming out. Here's the thing, for years, decades of her running mouth and constant declarations of the state of her relationship with Jagger has worn thin. I'm frankly glad they're broken up. Now, the man can have some relative privacy in his new relationship, something he didn't have with Jerry. This is years of pent-up annoyances released on my part.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1633
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home