Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

what is the best source for the Berlin 16.9.1970 bootleg?
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: September 25, 2010 21:41

One of my favorite shows from the 1970 European tour is the one from Berlin on the 16th of Spetember. Great performance and decent sound quality too.

I have the TMOQ incomplete vinyl version which sounds fantastic (for a 1970 audience recording) and I also have a complete version on CD which is good but it seems to have some mild EQ applied to it, making the bottom end stand out more, and making it sound ever so slightly distorted in places.
Although the EQ is not too extreme, I much prefer to hear the raw recordings as they were made.

I would love to know if there is a complete version of this show on CD (or vinyl) taken direct from the master or a low gen source without any EQ applied, just a flat transfer.

If anyone has any recommendations, it would be much appreciated.
Cheers, Vudicus!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-25 21:43 by vudicus.

Re: what is the best source for the Berlin 16.9.1970 bootleg?
Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: September 25, 2010 21:58

Just a few months ago a label called For Fans Only released a cd called Roll Over Beethoven that features the full concert in vg audience stereo for the first time.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: September 25, 2010 22:03

riccardo99
Just a few months ago a label called For Fans Only released a cd called Roll Over Beethoven that features the full concert in vg audience stereo for the first time.

Fantastic news, do you know if there is a flac torrent available of this anywhere to download?

Posted by: dph ()
Date: September 26, 2010 05:06

I agree, great sound and performance. My favorite from 1970, which is one of my favorite tours.

Have not heard the "For Fans Only" version. Edit: Having done some research, I find they are SODD related. That's usually a bad sign.

Anyway, my preferred version is a low gen. source. I would bet VGP used the same. It's VG+ mono, same version as on every other boot. Did FFO find a new source?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-26 05:14 by dph.

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: September 26, 2010 06:15

vudicus
One of my favorite shows from the 1970 European tour is the one from Berlin on the 16th of Spetember. Great performance and decent sound quality too.

I have the TMOQ incomplete vinyl version which sounds fantastic (for a 1970 audience recording) and I also have a complete version on CD which is good but it seems to have some mild EQ applied to it, making the bottom end stand out more, and making it sound ever so slightly distorted in places.
Although the EQ is not too extreme, I much prefer to hear the raw recordings as they were made.

I would love to know if there is a complete version of this show on CD (or vinyl) taken direct from the master or a low gen source without any EQ applied, just a flat transfer.

If anyone has any recommendations, it would be much appreciated.
Cheers, Vudicus!

This is the best place to ask about boots:

[www.iorr.org]

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: September 26, 2010 09:06

I've also read that FFO are a spin off of SODD,but for some reasons I don't believe it. Like I said it is the only stereo version available and, obviously, a different source from VGP. I got it from a guy that sells on IORR Buy/Sell.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2175
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home