Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
How many possibilities for a 2012 new studio album?
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 9, 2011 20:49

...With the "Ed sullivan Show" and "Fort Worth '78" releases in the fall, with the coming soon "Some Girls De Luxe" release, how many possibilities for a studio album release of new stuff next year?!

Re: How many possibilities for a 2012 new studio album?
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 9, 2011 21:14

There doesn't seem to be any time to write and record one according to the timeline provided by Keno as found in the other thread. If they're planning a summer tour (it'll probably be their usual FALL rollout...not summer)...and Mick planning to tour with SuperHeavy...there isn't a big enough window for new Stones music.

Plus, with the 50th Anniversary...there will most likely be a new greatest hits package, considering 40 Licks is out of print. I'm sure the tour will be centered around that....can't imagine Mick would want to throw a new album into the mix as well. It would be ridiculously bold of them to do that...but doubt it's going to happen.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: September 9, 2011 21:15

None! But don't the boys deserve credit for all the years of studio work and stage work they've given us for 50 years?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 9, 2011 21:15

We got some hope. Bob Hope and no hope!

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: September 9, 2011 21:31

Justin

Plus, with the 50th Anniversary...there will most likely be a new greatest hits package, considering 40 Licks is out of print. I'm sure the tour will be centered around that....can't imagine Mick would want to throw a new album into the mix as well. It would be ridiculously bold of them to do that...but doubt it's going to happen.

50 Licks will probably contain a few new songs...like 40 Licks did.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 9, 2011 21:35

...There are many unfinished stuff, there are over 20 tracks almost finished of the "Licks Sessions" in Paris 2002...I think that could be make an album a la "Tattoo you" in a few months...
I think, honestly, that a new "Greatest Hits" after ten years without new music (except for "ABB")should be a bad gift for everybody...
I think that a new studio album promoted by UMG could hit the charts, i'm sure of it!

Date: September 9, 2011 21:37

sweet neo con
Justin

50 Licks will probably contain a few new songs...like 40 Licks did.

Yes, possibly.

Although, I personally feel Mick isn't going to duplicate that scenario again by tagging on a 3 or 4 new songs to another greatest hits package like they did with 40 Licks. Maybe the "new songs' will be the new Some Girls outtakes that he (sadly) re-recorded?

Date: September 9, 2011 21:39

mailexile67
...There are many unfinished stuff, there are over 20 tracks almost finished of the "Licks Sessions" in Paris 2002...I think that could be make an album a la "Tattoo you" in a few months...

Considering "Don't Stop" "Keys To Your Love" "Stealing My Heart" and "Losing My Touch" were "the best" 4 they chose to go on 40 Licks...I am NOT looking forward to anymore songs from these sessions.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: September 9, 2011 21:45

Justin
mailexile67

Considering "Don't Stop" "Keys To Your Love" "Stealing My Heart" and "Losing My Touch" were "the best" 4 they chose to go on 40 Licks...I am NOT looking forward to anymore songs from these sessions.

maybe some SUperHEavy outtakes? winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-09 21:45 by sweet neo con.

Date: September 9, 2011 21:51

ha nice! Let's see Keith sprinkle some of his "magic dust" over those tracks....

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: September 9, 2011 22:13

...I think the future/new album is already in the can...sessions 2002 from Suresnes & so many others...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 9, 2011 22:31

sessions from 2 weeks of recording 9 years ago which produced 4 so-so songs and which were then overlooked entirely for ABB? How many songs do you think they managed to do that got anywhere beyond the level of being a sketch? You heard the 2 'songs' they chose to put on Four Flicks. Thats the level of dross you're expecting them to revisit a decade on?

A new album? Doubtful, to be honest, as a Some Girls deluxe and a greatest hits release are already in UMG's plans for 2012. A 50th anniversary tour will be a nostalgiafest - you might get a few songs tacked on to another compilation, but I cant imagine they feel theres much point in a new studio album.

Date: September 9, 2011 22:33

Cocaine Eyes
None! But don't the boys deserve credit for all the years of studio work and stage work they've given us for 50 years?

Theyve spent barely two months in the studio in the last 14-15 years!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 9, 2011 22:51

There won't be a new album. The days when they needed a new studio album to partially justify what reall are greatest-hits tours are over.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: September 9, 2011 22:53

71Tele
There won't be a new album. The days when they needed a new studio album to partially justify what reall are greatest-hits tours are over.

There will be a new album.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 9, 2011 23:01

stonescrow
71Tele

There will be a new album.

Why? What would be the point? They have shown zero inclination to make any new music and unless you have some inside information the rest of us are not privy to, I don't see that changing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-10 03:22 by 71Tele.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 9, 2011 23:24

Probably bigger then for a tour. Dylan is still doin albums so what would be the problem...???

2 1 2 0

Date: September 9, 2011 23:26

At a guess, I'd suggest the UMG contract would be.

Date: September 9, 2011 23:27

Come On
Probably bigger then for a tour. Dylan is still doin albums so what would be the problem...???

You honestly want to compare Dylan to the Stones?

Last time I checked, Dylan didn't have a writing partner to work out songs with. Since 1997, Dylan has had 5 releases....while the Stones have had 2. Goes to show how different each work....

Date: September 9, 2011 23:37

Come On

The fact that they've next to nothing in common in terms of attitude to their craft and have a totally different M.O. in terms of their continued existence for starters.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 9, 2011 23:39

IMHO it's more realistic a Keef solo album with Winos. Keef has already recorded new material with Steve Jordan. Teddy will tell!

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: September 9, 2011 23:46

To Gazza: Dominique Tarlé (who was here) wrote in the french fanzine "sympathy for the devil" N°38 "More than 20 tracks found their quasi definitive form..."....the Stones took 4 songs for forty licks....and the others... as"love is for me" from the Meters.....

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 10, 2011 00:15

Gazza
Come On

The fact that they've next to nothing in common in terms of attitude to their craft and have a totally different M.O. in terms of their continued existence for starters.

I'm comparing the voices of Mr Jagger and Mr Dylan...(what's left of them)...

Posted by: Juha ()
Date: September 10, 2011 00:27

50/50 Same as with lottery. Some people say (about lottery) 1:300000000, but in reality you either win or you won´t.. thats 50/50 isn´t it?

Posted by: msw2525 ()
Date: September 10, 2011 00:43

Fort worth 78 release? Can someone elaborate for me this is news to me.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: September 10, 2011 00:58

A new studio album would make my day. I would hope they would do it right, though, and take up residence in the studio and write some songs together ala Voodoo Lounge.

Date: September 10, 2011 01:09

Come On
Gazza
Come On

I'm comparing the voices of Mr Jagger and Mr Dylan...(what's left of them)...

Their voices have nothing to do with their motivation to make records.

Date: September 10, 2011 01:11

jp.M
To Gazza: Dominique Tarlé (who was here) wrote in the french fanzine "sympathy for the devil" N°38 "More than 20 tracks found their quasi definitive form..."....the Stones took 4 songs for forty licks....and the others... as"love is for me" from the Meters.....

What does 'quasi definitive' mean?

Theres no way in the world the Stones are going to come close to finishing 20 songs in 2-3 weeks.

Especially when they had zero motive to do so, as theyd already decided that they were only going to release a few bonus songs on a greatest hits album.

Posted by: 5string ()
Date: September 10, 2011 01:18

How can 40 Licks be out of print? Really?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 10, 2011 01:23

They dont need another new studio album to tour, besides the fact so many people whined about ABB and its, imuho, great songs. I am sure they read the crap where some people will NEVER be happy with anything the do in the studio these days, no matter what (some people are stuck in 1972)... or they will accuse anything new from The Stones as just being a copy of themselves, whatever the iphone that even means.... anyway...

Mick and Keith,
Just open the vaults, kick out a 50 live licks thing, full of 50 live, awesome legendary live, live songs from the vault... do a cd/DVDcombo thing.... and then go on a smaller (7-30k) arenas tour, with plenty of off time between gigs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-10 01:24 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home