Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Ronnie Wood Meet & Greet was a joke
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: September 22, 2010 08:54

About 200 people paid $150 - $200 to attend a "Meet & Greet Reception" for Ronnie Wood at the Butler Insitute of American Art in Youngstown, Ohio. It was from 8pm - 10pm. Ronnie appeared in public around 8:15..spoke for about a minute, talked to a couple people standing behind him...and left. Where did he go? Seems like he hid in a room for about an hour before slipping out.

Re: Ronnie Wood Meet & Greet was a joke
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 22, 2010 09:36

WOW! i wood have been livid! And demanded my money back.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: September 22, 2010 09:39

I made up for it by stealing 300 Sweet & Lows from the bar.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 22, 2010 10:08

Aren't "Meet & Greet " supposed to be a very short time ? I ask because we don't get this here in France (as far as I know )

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: September 22, 2010 10:26

bummer...i bet if he had been drinking he would've been more social

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 22, 2010 10:44

sounds like a complete rip-off.

Sorry you were taken in.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 22, 2010 10:55

"Meet and greet" sounds as if it was a serious misnomer.

The $25,000 question is whether anyone actually dined "with" him?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 22, 2010 10:59

Maybe Ronnie thought they said it was a Hide and Seek ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: September 22, 2010 11:32

no offense, but why anyone would seriously pay 200$ for that is beyond me.
really starting to dislike Ronnie for his series of rip-offs (London Gig, Meet and Great, his "fashion" line, etc.)

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 22, 2010 11:39

This whole meet and greet thing im not really into.I would only go out of my way to see someone if they genuiuely wanted to meet ya'...But paying money to meet someone..and I wouldn't careless who it was..confused smiley

Date: September 22, 2010 11:42

I'll shake hands with any bastard who's willin' ta shout me a drink .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 22, 2010 12:07

I think Ronnie should be ashamed.

I know McCartney really takes his time during his Meet n' Greetings. He knows how much it means to the people who wants to meet him.

Ronnie obviously, doesn't give a s***, but nontheless agrees to do it and cash-in on it. Who does he think he is? God? People has a desire to meet this guy, and if Ronnie agrees to do it, he should give people want they want for their hard-earned money!

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: September 22, 2010 12:09

colonial
This whole meet and greet thing im not really into.I would only go out of my way to see someone if they genuiuely wanted to meet ya'...But paying money to meet someone..and I wouldn't careless who it was..confused smiley

For certain! Getting yourself paid for letting people meet you is quit obscene IMO

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 22, 2010 12:12

People, the poor guy just went thorough a divorce, he needs to earn some money to pay his rent and to buy some food, that's all... :-). No seriously, it is hard to understand and kind of unforgivable. I fully aggree with colonial - the artists shoul do it only if they really want to meet the fans and should do it for free.

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: September 22, 2010 12:17

By the time he will end up playing in malls like in front of Wal Mart playing "Stay with me"

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 22, 2010 13:13

Lorenz
really starting to dislike Ronnie for his series of rip-offs (London Gig, Meet and Great, his "fashion" line, etc.)

One can only hope that these kind of antics are not really down to him personally, but management ... BAD management. Yes agree, increasingly bizarre and increasingly distasteful.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 22, 2010 13:16

If the money had gone to a charity, that would have been acceptable. But to charge people to 'meet and greet' him, and not even stick around to do that....pathetic and contemptible.

If it were me, I'd do a chargeback on my credit card. PM me if you aren't familiar with this process.

Date: September 22, 2010 13:27

Rockman
I'll shake hands with any bastard who's willin' ta shout me a drink .....

Rules out most folk then .............. !!! ???

Date: September 22, 2010 13:29

.....is that why I'm always thirsty???

ROCKMAN

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: September 22, 2010 14:04

After most America concerts, Dewey Bunnell and Gerry Beckley set up a meet & greet table, and they take their time talking to the folks from the concert who line up. they allow photos and they also sign whatever you ask them to.

I know they are not the rolling stones, but at least they are very good about their meet and greets. Met them at 3 shows in the last 2 years. Great guys, great band if you like folk rock.

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Date: September 22, 2010 14:09

Rockman
.....is that why I'm always thirsty???

Nah ... that's just cos' yer got too much sun down there !!!!!

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: September 22, 2010 14:11

Dont sweat Rock, I will buy ya some turps. I will be over your neck o the woods soon

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: September 22, 2010 14:13

Providen I dont spend too much at langy's on the way Rock

Date: September 22, 2010 14:14

Okay whiskey ..... I'll find something ta suck on till ya get here ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: September 22, 2010 14:16

paulywaul
Lorenz

One can only hope that these kind of antics are not really down to him personally, but management ... BAD management. Yes agree, increasingly bizarre and increasingly distasteful.

Yeah, but even if it is his management making these decisions, I'd still blame Ronnie for not caring enough to know about these things. At the end, it is very clearly his image being damaged

Posted by: oldstones ()
Date: September 22, 2010 14:26

Why Ronnie didn't stick around is in the private reception before the doors opened some High Rollers were being very disrespectful to him. Thats what Happend

Date: September 22, 2010 14:26

Lorenz
paulywaul
Lorenz

Yeah, but even if it is his management making these decisions, I'd still blame Ronnie for not caring enough to know about these things. At the end, it is very clearly his image being damaged

Yep, can't argue with that. It's unfortunate. Personally, I love the guy, but this kind of stuff definitely doesn't serve him well and does leave a bad taste in the mouth. Maybe he'll see the light one of these days ?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 22, 2010 14:28

Yeah, seems pretty shallow of the Woodie. I saw McCartney over the summer, one of his sound checks and he played for 1 hour and 45 min, then did almost a three hour show that night!
I met Bowie backstage for FREE, and he hung for a while and signed some of my stuff...

Warped wood.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 22, 2010 14:49

Just when you think the scams cant get any worse, this one comes along to trump all the rest.

Repulsive. Has he no shame?

Get your money back. The more people do this, the more Woody and his sycophants will think twice about ripping people off in this way.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 22, 2010 15:25

oldstones
Why Ronnie didn't stick around is in the private reception before the doors opened some High Rollers were being very disrespectful to him. Thats what Happend

If that's true, then I'm sorry to hear it but it should also serve as a lesson why they should be shunned in favour of low rollers. They didn't get what they were led to expect and he's ended up maligned and losing goodwill and kudos. Bad PR management indeed.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1688
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home