Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Charlie Tells French Media Stones To Meet Soon To Discuss Final Tour!
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: September 8, 2010 00:56

Can anyone confirm?

Re: Charlie Tells French Media Stones To Meet Soon To Discuss Final Tour!
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 8, 2010 01:00

uuummmmmmmm can I ring a friend?.........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 8, 2010 01:14

assuming its the same interview from 'Le Parisien' that was posted a few days ago, he most certainly did not say 'final'.

[www.iorr.org]

If its the interview that appeared in 'Le Journal du dimanche' a couple of days ago, here's the translation :

[rocksoff.org]

(I've also translated the 'Le Parisien' interview earlier on the same page)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-08 01:20 by Gazza.

Date: September 8, 2010 01:20

Gazza
assuming its the same interview that was posted a few days ago, he most certainly did not say 'final'.

[www.iorr.org]

Sorry if this was previously posted. The news article I read used the word final, however, you are correct, Charlie never used it.

Date: September 8, 2010 01:22

Yeah, they tend to do that for the sake of an attention-grabbing headline.

Easy to miss the interview though - its on page 3 or 4 of this forum now!

Date: September 8, 2010 01:31

Gazza
Yeah, they tend to do that for the sake of an attention-grabbing headline.

Easy to miss the interview though - its on page 3 or 4 of this forum now!

Thought news like this would be "front and center" for days. I did look back a couple pages but obviously (in all my excitement to inform the list) failed to see that it had been previously posted. Will be more careful in the future.

Date: September 8, 2010 01:45

LOL....as the man said 'you shouldnt take it so hard' ! smileys with beer

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 8, 2010 02:04

This Charlie Watts Interview is even though very good , as one couldn't read him so often. Some good quotes in it about his mother and Mick's mother >grinning smiley<
For the Final Tour, it's Charlie, nothing to get excited, nothing to get dissapointed, but let's hope !

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-08 02:15 by Honestman.

Date: September 8, 2010 03:55

although the word "final" has not been used lets use common sense people. the tour will end in 2012 or 2013 making charlie over 70 and mick and keith pretty close to 70. the band tours about every 5 years now. do you see mick and keith being able to do this at 75 and charlie at almost 80? this will be the last full blown world tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-08 03:56 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 8, 2010 09:34

As I wrote just now here: [www.iorr.org] ,Charlie's shows in Milan and Warshaw were cancelled,all were supposed to be in November. I got a message from the oganizers of the Polish concert (before they cancelled), that they were waiting for the approval from the Rolling Stones management. So it looks like November is booked for some Stones'activities. Maybe recording? It sounds logical. They would not block the whole November just becouse of a "discussion."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-08 09:35 by Happy24.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: September 8, 2010 10:23

keefriffhard4life
although the word "final" has not been used lets use common sense people. the tour will end in 2012 or 2013 making charlie over 70 and mick and keith pretty close to 70. the band tours about every 5 years now. do you see mick and keith being able to do this at 75 and charlie at almost 80? this will be the last full blown world tour.

Blasphemy! How can you suggest such a thing? Of course they'll be able to, and they'll have Mick T. and Bill back then too. That's why the two of them won't be around for this one, they're being held in reserve for the next one.

All kidding aside, realistically, logistically, and practically speaking, this has to be the last tour, large one at least. Some people however, seem unable to realize this and talk about them like they can still carry on for another 20 years.

While there still hasn't been an final definitive word, I feel it's pretty clear it's gonna happen, and part of me is honestly surprised they are likely doing it again, I really thought they might be finished. Then again, there's all that money, so part of me isn't surprised at all.

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: September 8, 2010 16:20

There'll be a Charlie Watts interview tomorrow on french mid-day Journal FR2 "Les 5 derniƩres minutes"!
Chris

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 8, 2010 17:26

Happy24
As I wrote just now here: [www.iorr.org] ,Charlie's shows in Milan and Warshaw were cancelled,all were supposed to be in November. I got a message from the oganizers of the Polish concert (before they cancelled), that they were waiting for the approval from the Rolling Stones management. So it looks like November is booked for some Stones'activities. Maybe recording? It sounds logical. They would not block the whole November just becouse of a "discussion."

I know for sure Keith's busy doing interviews untill at least November 10th. I'm helping to organize the interviews, so I know.

Date: September 8, 2010 18:05

keefriffhard4life

No, but the point is that no one in the Stones organisation has specifically mentioned the words 'final tour'. Whilst logic suggests that it will almost certainly be the last one in the guise that you've described, the terminology 'final tour' is simply inventive and downright misleading headline-grabbing journalism.

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: September 8, 2010 18:40

I don't care if there's another tour after this one. But I'd like to see them get together and make a new record every other year or so, if they're still into the music; getting back to their roots and playing some blues and R&B.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: September 8, 2010 22:57

sirdoug
I don't care if there's another tour after this one. But I'd like to see them get together and make a new record every other year or so, if they're still into the music; getting back to their roots and playing some blues and R&B.

I feel it's obvious they aren't that into the music of their youth anymore, not as a working band anyways. They're into money. As far as recorded output goes, I think Mick left the music that influenced them behind long ago, and is no longer interested in making records of that nature. I don't know what's up with Keith, but he seems to either not have much say anymore, or much interest, as far as albums go. His wife's health, and possibly his own, we have come to learn is probably part of that. Now that things seem to have stabilized maybe things will change.

Charlie would just as soon play with Axel Z., and do that kind of thing, which he has always had more of an affinity for. Ronnie's always game, but his opinions and desires don't really count for much.

I don't see them doing much after this next go around. They are old and have likely lost interest to some degree. I know many say the old blues guys did it until they died, but I think a lot of them did it because they had to. Muddy, Wolf, Albert King, T-Bone Walker, and many others were not wealthy men, at least not wealthy enough to retire and live well. A lot of them had to keep playing, there's no pension in music. Although many died fairly young from poor health, whose to say they wouldn't of quit at the Stones age if they could have?

Just because they kept playing, and said they loved, doesn't mean they did, especially to the same degree as when they were young. The Stones don't have to do anything now, and likely won't at some point in the next few years.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 8, 2010 23:23

I think the idea of them getting together appeals to them. maybe just because they can? after so many years, sure its not about the money, but possibly the fellowship?

I do think they value that.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 8, 2010 23:43

bustedtrousers
I think Mick left the music that influenced them behind long ago, and is no longer interested in making records of that nature.

Ta da! I think we have got it.

It seems more like a chore for Mick to have to go back and write a blues song or even a standard rock song derived form blues. That's not where he is today. Making music for the Stones is probably a huge burden on Mick. He doesn't connect with that music anymore. This probably explains the rather weak songwriting we have found in the last few albums (although I LOVE B2cool smiley. But ABB had some pretty weak songwriting.

Mick knows that we fans want more blues/R&B-ish stuff...but unfortunatley, Mick can't or doesn't want to deliver that. He wants to do more pop/electronic stuff. That's fine. But that ain't The Rolling Stones. As an artist, I would imagine the Stones have held Mick back with what he REALLY wants to do. Sure, he uses the Stones to satisfy his urge to perform....but not necessarily the material he wants to perform.....

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: September 8, 2010 23:48

Forgive me for repeating myself, but there's NO WAY (in my opinion) that the Stones would announce a FINAL tour.A tour yes, a FINAL tour no way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1259
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home