Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jagger at the Strawberry Hill Jamaica For The Recording Of The "Don't Look Back "Video
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 2, 2010 17:14

More pics here :
[www.urbanimage.tv]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Re: Jagger at the Strawberry Hill Jamaica For The Recording Of The "Don't Look Back "Video
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 2, 2010 17:46

Wow

Those 'recording Goat's Head Soup' photos are incredible!

I have never seen those!

[www.urbanimage.tv]

Re: Jagger at the Strawberry Hill Jamaica For The Recording Of The "Don't Look Back "Video
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: September 2, 2010 19:28

Munichhilton
Wow

I have never seen those!

[www.urbanimage.tv]

yes..thanks for that link.

did they have a photographer document all of their recording sessions?

if anyone has a link to similar images from other recording sessions..please post. thanks.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: September 2, 2010 19:32

this is one look of jagger's i couldn't stand - hard to describe - he seemed to become "small and slight" versus the 75-76 big, flowing rock star

Date: September 2, 2010 21:07

sweet neo con
Munichhilton
Wow

I have never seen those!

[www.urbanimage.tv]

yes..thanks for that link.

MAY YOU THANK ME LATER grinning smiley for posting the great link urbanimage.tv...

Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: September 2, 2010 22:20

hbwriter
this is one look of jagger's i couldn't stand - hard to describe - he seemed to become "small and slight" versus the 75-76 big, flowing rock star

It was all the drugs.

"What I'm doing is a sexual thing. I dance and all dancing is a replacement for sex". - Mick Jagger

Date: September 3, 2010 19:55

hbwriter

>>Small & slight" <<
Do you mean like "fake" ?
Posing ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 3, 2010 23:15

hbwriter

Ican't see anything small here.

Date: September 4, 2010 11:12

proudmary

Ican't see anything small here.

I 've chosen well the photos,haven't I ?smiling smiley

Date: September 4, 2010 13:28

o, yes, you have,SwayStones!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Great fotos and thanks for the link

Date: September 4, 2010 16:40

It seems he heard you ,proudmary ,if I may say so.....

Date: September 4, 2010 19:03

Now I'm sheechless

Date: September 4, 2010 19:38

proudmary
Now I'm sheechless
Well well ,he seems speakless ,too ...?cool smiley

Date: September 4, 2010 19:56

SwayStones

Well well ,he seems speakless ,too ...?

OK, but once Mick has said "Stones are the men of few words"

Date: September 23, 2010 23:23

Btw, what's happened to Peter Toch? There were some arguments between him and Keith, and after that his contract with The Rolling Stones Record was broken? And finally, he was murdered...
Does anydody know more about it?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 23, 2010 23:50

proudmary
Btw, what's happened to Peter Toch? There were some arguments between him and Keith, and after that his contract with The Rolling Stones Record was broken? And finally, he was murdered...

I red somewhere that Keith slit his throat.

Posted by: django ()
Date: September 23, 2010 23:54

proudmary

Keith allowed Tosh to live in his jamaican home when he wasn't on the island.
One day Keith called him from the airport to announce his return but Tosh
refused to move out of the house. And the trouble began. The murder was,
of course, a drug thing.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: September 24, 2010 00:52

I think the video to this is the most coked up I've ever seen Mick.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 24, 2010 01:00

Great link Sway,thank you very much...never seen those pics before.

Date: September 24, 2010 02:00

django
proudmary

of course, a drug thing.

Thanks for information

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 24, 2010 02:32

hbwriter

Funny yeah! I had the same impressions of Jagger for some periods of time.
And this was surly one of them . . !

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: September 24, 2010 04:20

<<The murder was,
of course, a drug thing.>>

I don't think the facts on the murder of Tosh has ever been fully disclosed
That it was 'of course a drug thing' seems to me as mere speculation

Date: September 25, 2010 21:29

django
proudmary

of course, a drug thing.

I've never heard about it .I'd be greatful for some more comments .

Date: September 25, 2010 23:42

Jamaica is great. But it wasn't too good to the Stones.

Keith still (or again) likes it a lot but had lotta troubles there too.
Not only with Tosh but all those Rastafaris that Anita brought into the house, etc. They gave Keith quite a hard time.

Then there was the rape of Anita and the rape of Bill's longtime girlfriend Astrid ( while Bill had to sneak under the bed).

But we still have GHS . . !!

Date: September 26, 2010 00:06

CousinC

Not only with Tosh but all those Rastafaris that Anita brought into the house, etc. They gave Keith quite a hard time.

Then there was the rape of Anita and the rape of Bill's longtime girlfriend Astrid ( while Bill had to sneak under the bed).

waw!!! I've never heard about rape of Astrid and Bill under the bed. Never ever! when this happened?
and I'd say that Anita had more trouble with her rape than Keith, who was in London at that time

Date: September 27, 2010 04:02

proudmary
CousinC

waw!!! I've never heard about rape of Astrid and Bill under the bed. Never ever! when this happened?
and I'd say that Anita had more trouble with her rape than Keith, who was in London at that time

I didn't say it all happened at the same time but nevertheless it happened and Keith had lots of trouble there!
And the rape story of Astrid comes from Andy Johns (engineer)who was there during GHS recording and to whom Astrid fled afterwards. It's in Appleford's Its Only RocknRoll book.

Date: September 28, 2010 00:09

And the rape story of Astrid comes from Andy Johns (engineer)who was there during GHS recording and to whom Astrid fled afterwards. It's in Appleford's Its Only RocknRoll book.

this one I've not read yet. Didn't know also that Astrid fled to Andy Johns.
You know what happened to Peter Toch?

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: September 28, 2010 11:00

From Rolling Stones: Rip This Joint: The Stories Behind Every Song by Steve Appleford ( [www.amazon.com] ):

…one night about six weeks into the recording, a man with a knife broke into Bill Wyman’s hotel room. The intruder demanded money and ordered Wyman underneath the bed. He then raped Wyman’s longtime girlfriend, Astrid Lundstrom. Minutes later, Johns [Engineer Andy Johns] heard a knock on his door. It was Astrid. “Oh Andy, you’ll never guess,” she told Johns. “I’ve just been raped!”

The engineer immediately grabbed some heavy object to use as a weapon and ran outside and down the road, cutting his feet on broken glass. But the rapist had escaped across the lawn in another direction. “Bill, obviously, was totally freaked because he’d had to lie under the bed while all of this went on,” says Johns. “If he had done anything the guy would have cut his @#$%& head off. He really didn’t have any @#$%& choice. It was a tough thing. It was another Rolling Stones thing. Shit like that was always going on.”

Bill and Astrid moved into another hotel, and the sessions continued.

Date: September 28, 2010 11:46

gwen
From Rolling Stones: Rip This Joint: The Stories Behind Every Song by Steve Appleford ( [www.amazon.com] ):

…one night about six weeks into the recording, a man with a knife broke into Bill Wyman’s hotel room. The intruder demanded money and ordered Wyman underneath the bed. He then raped Wyman’s longtime girlfriend, Astrid Lundstrom. Minutes later, Johns [Engineer Andy Johns] heard a knock on his door. It was Astrid. “Oh Andy, you’ll never guess,” she told Johns. “I’ve just been raped!”

The engineer immediately grabbed some heavy object to use as a weapon and ran outside and down the road, cutting his feet on broken glass. But the rapist had escaped across the lawn in another direction. “Bill, obviously, was totally freaked because he’d had to lie under the bed while all of this went on,” says Johns. “If he had done anything the guy would have cut his @#$%& head off. He really didn’t have any @#$%& choice. It was a tough thing. It was another Rolling Stones thing. Shit like that was always going on.”

Bill and Astrid moved into another hotel, and the sessions continued.

thanks. Waw, it's really tough Stones thing. Ijust don't know can we believe him.

Date: September 28, 2010 17:07

CousinC

I don't get it i am afraid .Was Bill raped under a bed or did he hyde under a bed while his GF was raped ?confused smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1450
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home