Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

When on tour, what hotels do the Stones stay at?
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 15, 2010 16:46

I think one of the best kept secrets in the music business is the hotels and arrival times of the bands playing in a city.

I suppose the real hangerons and insiders know this but you never hear publically which hotel and time of the bands arrival for just about any group. It is never discussed on radio stations or in print.

Does the band arrive the night before a show? The morning of, a few hours before or even days before?

With the Stones and their long history of touring in select cities, do they stay at the same hotel tour after tour? Do they rent homes, stay with friends?

Any input?

Re: When on tour, what hotels do the Stones stay at?
Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: August 15, 2010 16:49

George V when in Paris, as far as I know.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 15, 2010 16:59

D'Angleterre Copenhagen

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: August 15, 2010 17:29

Motel 6?

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 15, 2010 17:32

Hotel Des Indes The Hague

Posted by: bmandolini ()
Date: August 15, 2010 17:33

Principe di Savoia - Milano

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 15, 2010 17:49

Geez, ya'll, ain't it obvious?

Posted by: Max Volume!!! ()
Date: August 15, 2010 18:02

In the states, if there's a Four Seasons hotel franchise in town, they frequently can be found there.

Posted by: hoopsmccann ()
Date: August 15, 2010 19:31

The Shelbourne in Dublin, Ireland

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 15, 2010 19:45

Amstel Hotel in A'dam

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: August 15, 2010 19:51

In Toronto, the band stays in one hotel while the crew/roadies stay in a hotel closer to the venue for setting up. But for rehearsals, the band (each member) stays in a rented home in the rich part of town. Obviously.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 15, 2010 19:57

When they played Cardiff they helicoptered 40 miles down to the Hilton in Swansea

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 15, 2010 20:22

The Dew Drop Inn

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: August 15, 2010 20:34

I now they stay at thr Ritz in San Francisco

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 15, 2010 20:45

When Macca was still doing full-scale tours in 2002 and 2005, he didn't stay in any hotels at all. He would set up shop at a friends house in a particular "hub" city, say, Chicago, then fly to the gig in Cleveland, play the gig, fly back "home" that night to Chicago, hang out there for a couple days, then fly to the gig in Detroit, play the gig, fly back "home" that night to Chicago, hang out in Chicago until the next gig, fly to the next gig, etc.

Stones might very well do something like that next time out. It's easier.

Date: August 15, 2010 20:47

tatters
When Macca was still doing full-scale tours in 2002 and 2005, he didn't stay in any hotels at all. He would set up shop at a friends house in a particular "hub" city, say, Chicago, then fly to the gig in Cleveland, play the gig, fly back "home" that night to Chicago, hang out there for a couple days, then fly to the gig in Detroit, play the gig, fly back "home" that night to Chicago, hang out in Chicago until the next gig, fly to the next gig, etc.

I've heard of a lot of bands actually do that.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 15, 2010 20:52

sweetcharmedlife
tatters

Only the ones that can afford a private jet, and the Stones would certainly fall into that category. It's a much better way to tour. You only have to be in the city you're playing in for as long as it takes to drive to and from the airport.

Date: August 15, 2010 20:56

tatters
sweetcharmedlife
tatters

Only the ones that can afford a private jet, and the Stones would certainly fall into that category. It's a much better way to tour. You only have to be in the city you're playing in for as long as it takes to drive to and from the airport.
Well I heard Fleetwood Mac does that and Aerosmith did that on their recent European tour.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 15, 2010 21:02

Closed due to security reasons.

Bjornulf

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home