Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Keith Homepage
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 7, 2010 16:45

Just found out Keith's new homepage and Facebook profile. Seems like the Facebook profile is recent - let's tell him to read IORR once in a while and bring back Taylor.

[www.keithrichards.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Re: New Keith Homepage
Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: August 7, 2010 16:51

Thanks for the heads up on the FB page. I was part of another page called MR Keith Richards with 5000 fans, but no way is it him. The other day MR Keith Richards posted "the stones will have their last concert in 2011/12. Bloody Rubbish.

Date: August 7, 2010 16:53

This one is the official one - it is directed from his official homepage which has just been updated within the past 14 days.
Just wonder if Mick Jagger is about to the same??

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 7, 2010 16:59

Perhaps Keith got on Facebook so he could be the 50-millionth or whatever profile they just had last week.

I wonder if he got a prize for that?

Posted by: winter ()
Date: August 7, 2010 18:53

I wonder if manager Jane Rose urged him to do it in advance of his book coming out in a few months.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: August 8, 2010 03:35

500$ the wingless box set with Keith stuff.. It is pain in the ass to listen to their first album so I won't buy this one. BUt Keith let's see what you can do with your own stuff and I will for sure explode the visa card.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 8, 2010 04:14

winter
I wonder if manager Jane Rose urged him to do it in advance of his book coming out in a few months.

Just because it may be official doesnt suggest Keith has anything to do with it.

And this is most certainly the case. Keith has no interest in this kind of thing at all.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 8, 2010 05:27

,,loved the photo..and the font on the web page...

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 8, 2010 13:21

Bummer - the best most substantive parts of the former site (like Ask Keith with 200 interview snippets) are gone. I wish I'd scraped all that content. This new site is a platform for advertising/selling Keith-related items. Not very interesting, methinks.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 8, 2010 15:12

swiss
This new site is a platform for advertising/selling Keith-related items. Not very interesting, methinks.

eye rolling smiley

Date: August 8, 2010 15:49

swiss
Bummer - the best most substantive parts of the former site (like Ask Keith with 200 interview snippets) are gone. I wish I'd scraped all that content. This new site is a platform for advertising/selling Keith-related items. Not very interesting, methinks.
There are lots of videos on YouTube with ask Keith things (published by robin14669) - an example here:

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: August 8, 2010 16:52

His personal information on his facebook page says only:

"Keith Richards was born in England in 1943 and founded The Rolling Stones with Mick Jagger in 1962. He lives in Connecticut."

Apparently Brian Jones wasn't involved after all. Thanks for clearing that up Facebook!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 11, 2010 10:37

mtaylor
swiss
There are lots of videos on YouTube with ask Keith things (published by robin14669)

Yeah - it's awesome isn't it?

[www.iorr.org]

ripthis (or Addicted?) glad you're happy with the Arial font on Keith's new site - snip my post to cut out the context, but as I said, I'd like to see more content and substance rather than less from a Keith site. have your emoicon roll its eyes all you want - I've been in the web/social media realm for a living for 15+ years and I know what I'm talking about. The current incarnation of Keith's site--other than the iconic compelling smoking image up front--until it gets more content, is a platform just for commerce and advertising. That's objectively true, and objectively makes a not very interesting web experience; in fact no "experience" beyond being sold to. I love the "product." But I don't see him as a product. And I don't love him because he's packaged and purchasable.

- swiss

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1368
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home