Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
STONES FANS VERY NEGATIVE
Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: August 3, 2010 17:22

I love the band,been following them since 1968,1st concert at hydepark,last concert at london 02.Stones have given us so much music since 1963 and live concerts
too and they still going,why are fans so negative,if you do not like their music or
live concerts you need to move on and find another band,to me stones are the best
ROCK-ROLL BAND and nobody can touch them.They will be rocking again in 2011.
KEEP ON ROCKING.LONG LIVE STONES.

Re: STONES FANS VERY NEGATIVE
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 3, 2010 17:36

I'm O- Positive. be nice to me.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: August 3, 2010 17:41

Love the Stones; just wish Ron Wood would leave and Mick Taylor would come back for one final tour.

Come on now, the last two Stones releases were reissues of albums from the Mick Taylor era.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-03 22:34 by misterfrias.

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: August 3, 2010 17:46

Stones fans negative? I don't think so, just we're awaiting news.
No news from the band side, no news from fan side.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: August 3, 2010 17:49

> Love the Stones; just wish Ron Wood would leave and Mick Taylor (...)

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: August 3, 2010 17:49

no offense kish_stoned, but don't be so sensitive. if someone doesn't like the stones there's no need to scold them.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: August 3, 2010 18:02

I AM POSITIVO!!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 3, 2010 18:10

Good try kish_stoned and I agree with you.
But get prepared for some criticism, because those fans you call negative will claim that they have every right to criticise the Stones and start talking about how good the Stones used to be and how bad they have become now.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: August 3, 2010 18:16

No they're not

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 3, 2010 18:19

Rolling Hansie
But get prepared for some criticism, because those fans you call negative will claim that they have every right to criticise the Stones and start talking about how good the Stones used to be and how bad they have become now.

do they are don't they have the right?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 3, 2010 18:28

StonesTod
do they are don't they have the right?

LOL StonesTod, thanks for replying so quickly. No need to ask that question, because you and everybody else knows the answer.
Of course they have the right, democracy, freedom of speech etc etc.
Everybody has the right to express his or her opinion. Thank God for those rights for people who live in a free world.
I think a far better question would be: "Do you always HAVE to express your opinion?"

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 3, 2010 18:43

I crossed my negative with my positive and got the shock of my life!

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: August 3, 2010 18:50

misterfrias
Love the Stones; just wish Ron Wood would leave and Mick Taylor would come back for one final tour.

I mean, come on now, the last two Stones releases were reissues of albums from the Mick Taylor era.

Taylor is an old drunk who hasn't been on a decent stage for many many years. I would not like to see him replace Ronnie. I never really wanted that. He did good at the time he was in the band, but there would have been no band no at all if he hadn't quit and Ronnie joined. it's as simple as that. I prefer to enjoy those nice albums he played on, along with the ones Brian was on and the ones Ronnie is on. They are all good!

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: August 3, 2010 19:01

bernardanderson
no offense kish_stoned, but don't be so sensitive. if someone doesn't like the stones there's no need to scold them.

thanks bernard.....it always floors me when fans (no matter what age) can't
accept the fact that you can still be a huge fan even if your expectations are
different. it's ok to be critical....or to hope for certain things....or to judge
Ronnie's lifestyle etc.... In my opinion, it's those of us that don't blindly follow
the band but are more critical & demanding that truly understand and admire them
for what they were...are...and will be.

i accept kish stoned's opinion......why can't he/she accept other opinions instead of "scold"?
why would you go to a forum like this looking for everybody with the same opinion??
each thread would read: "Isn't Mick Jagger great?" "Yes...yes..yes..."
"Wasn't the last album great?" "Yes...yes...yes..."
"Aren't we all lucky to be alive....so that we can listen to the Stones?" "Yes..yes..yes"
Blah..blah..blah...like a cult following.

This is a place for differing opinions, life experiences, anecdotes etc.... enjoy learning from others
and looking at things in a different way.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 3, 2010 19:07

Edith Grove

40 Licks?tongue sticking out smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 3, 2010 19:39

Rolling Hansie

Rolling Hansie, do you think they don't have the right to have that right?
It's a bit simplistic to divide the people here in positivo's and negativo's. But maybe it's easy to think so. The good guy and the bad guy, something like that. The good guy is just good and the bad guy is just bad. Deliciously easy.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: August 3, 2010 19:42

good guy/bad guy? more like brainwashed guy/pragmatic guy.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: August 3, 2010 20:20

There are many things I like about the Rolling Stones and some things I don't. Does this make me schizophrenic?...

Date: August 3, 2010 20:32

there seems to be a burning need or desire on the part of many to have some kind of rating system for what constitutes a "true stones fan." good fans, negative fans, etc. if you post here, you're obviously a stones fan and your opinions count as much as the next fan.

Date: August 3, 2010 20:35

ChrisM
There are many things I like about the Rolling Stones and some things I don't. Does this make me schizophrenic?...

(whisper, whisper...)

You may say the things you like about them as much as you want, but the things you don't like about them you better whisper, and to quote Rolling Hansie: "Do you always HAVE to express your opinion?" I guess this applies only to the things you don't like about them. Because I suppose that Rolling Hansie has no problem when you always express your opinion on the things you like about them. So please a bit more self-censorship and some more whispering when you express a 'negative' (read: critical) opinion. One might think you're not a fan!

Date: August 3, 2010 20:39

kleermaker
ChrisM

(whisper, whisper...)

You may say the things you like about them as much as you want, but the things you don't like about them you better whisper, and to quote Rolling Hansie: "Do you always HAVE to express your opinion?" I guess this applies only to the things you don't like about them. Because I suppose that Rolling Hansie has no problem when you always express your opinion on the things you like about them. So please a bit more self-censorship and some more whispering when you express a 'negative' (read: critical) opinion. One might think you're not a fan!

because when you say something negative, the insecure fans think you are actually criticizing them personally. i love it when that happens.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 3, 2010 20:44

Edith Grove

What did one of the girls said "maybe your tongue is too wet" the wetter the better I should saywinking smiley

Date: August 3, 2010 20:48

StonesTod
kleermaker
ChrisM

(whisper, whisper...)

because when you say something negative, the insecure fans think you are actually criticizing them personally. i love it when that happens.

Tod, you obviously belong to the bad guys.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: August 3, 2010 20:51

"On appelle ca la liberte de pensee, mais c'est quelque chose qui n'a pas l'air d'exister ici."
What is known as the freedom of thought, but it's something that does not seem to exist on this forum.

Date: August 3, 2010 20:52

kleermaker
StonesTod
kleermaker
ChrisM

(whisper, whisper...)

i know, but bad is the new good

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: August 3, 2010 20:54

I agree.. very many stones fans consider them to be pathetic and that they should "not tour".. I dont get it really.. I am a big fan.. I dont care if they still tour when they are 85 and can barely stand on their feet.. rock n roll for 100% til' the grave mates! Cheerssmiling smiley

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: August 3, 2010 20:56

"Taylor is an old drunk who hasn't been on a decent stage for many many years"

So Taylor's an Old Drunk huh - NedKelly??
And what about Keith & Ronnie?? They hit the bottle twice as hard as Taylor

Your an IDIOT and Taylor would help their LIVE sound by a large margin!!

MLC

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 3, 2010 21:04

NedKelly
misterfrias

I mean, come on now, the last two Stones releases were reissues of albums from the Mick Taylor era.

Taylor is an old drunk who hasn't been on a decent stage for many many years. I would not like to see him replace Ronnie. I never really wanted that. He did good at the time he was in the band, but there would have been no band no at all if he hadn't quit and Ronnie joined. it's as simple as that. I prefer to enjoy those nice albums he played on, along with the ones Brian was on and the ones Ronnie is on. They are all good!

Um, I hate to rain on your nice little post, but if Taylor is "an old drunk" what does that make Ronnie?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-03 21:05 by 71Tele.

Date: August 3, 2010 21:08

StonesTod
kleermaker
StonesTod
kleermaker
ChrisM

(whisper, whisper...)

i know, but bad is the new good

Then the good guys are in real trouble. Good is the new bad, I presume.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: August 3, 2010 21:15

About your fight between taylor and wood.

Taylor drinks bad red wine. Bottle with 5 stars
Wood can drink Chateau Ausone, Cheval Blanc or Laffite and margaux.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1495
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home