Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Shedding a tear?
Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: August 6, 2010 21:28

Sometimes I think about this: Am I going to shed a tear when one of the Stones dies?
I must confess that I will.
How about you?

Re: Shedding a tear?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 6, 2010 21:35

Don't know if I'll literally shed a tear, but I'll damn sure feel like crap for quite a while.

I'd rather not talk any more about this. sad smiley

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: August 6, 2010 21:49

i'll shed a tear when my family and friends pass away. but for the rolling stones? no.

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: August 6, 2010 22:18

most likely.

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: August 7, 2010 02:21

What a morbid post put it to bed.

Date: August 7, 2010 02:50

i will. i'll shed a tear next time i see them live because i know it will be the last

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: August 7, 2010 03:42

I will .

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: August 7, 2010 03:48

Well my mom and dad are both deceased. I felt like crap then and I will if one of the Stones die also. As for shedding a tear for the Stones, i don't think I will.

drummer_dude

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: August 7, 2010 07:38

Good question. I sure did when John Lennon was murdered, but that wasn't just him dying, that was facing (at 13 years old) that the world was a cruel, unfair place.

I'm with Edith, it will surely be a down moment to realize that they truly are no more.

T@3

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 7, 2010 07:59

Well, we have officially run out of relevant topics of discussion . . .

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 7, 2010 13:20

Out of Tears.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: August 7, 2010 19:42

I would possibly shed a tear as anoter part of my youth goes.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 7, 2010 20:03

ManuelStones
Sometimes I think about this: Am I going to shed a tear when one of the Stones dies?
I must confess that I will.
How about you?

u got half a clue how many dead mothers spent time speculatin' on a death watch for one of these old lions. sssshh. have leetle decency. i'm not over elvis yet...seriously. i was moved msg '72 i'm sure i laughed cried screamed jumped and shouted it was holy rollin' for realz...core of feeling. very intentional. stunned. pinned. shit i cried last week when my friend's iguana died.

keith buries those waiting for his death. just sayin'. facts is facts. no one here gets out alive. no one knows the due date for sho. no matter what your age or seeming immortality baby...cheers. he might be sending your family condolences for you for all u know...this could actually be a new premium service on rollingstone.com...condolence letters singed by keith.. u KNOW ronnie would do it...hawwww....
just watch your own breath go in and out baby...and try to keep goin' rocker. i mean, things aren't always what they seem...ask brian jones. r.i.p.

beelyboy...Think About it

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: August 7, 2010 20:14

Ofcourse I will.

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 7, 2010 20:14

DaveG
Well, we have officially run out of relevant topics of discussion . . .

yes. we need a thread for their dead pets u know. oh the howling grief on the killing floor i tell ya...sad sad sad...u know dey never be another fido...never...ever...leave dead pet pix and heartwarming stories here please. tear jerkers take priority...

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: August 7, 2010 22:12

Shedding a tear is not necessarily a barometer of sadness anyhow. Hell I weep watching 'Lassie'.

If a deceased Stone happens to leave me something in their will then I might weep...with joy. Pointless post.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: August 9, 2010 08:15

I cried when Ron Asheton died. The man invented the punk rock guitar sound and still had unfinished business when he left.

I suspect I won't when Keef dies, even though he's more responsible than anyone for why I ever wanted to play guitar. He's done all he ever could have hoped to do and has become a walking self-parody.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 9, 2010 09:10

i will feel f... up, feel down and sad. but shed a tear, no.
it will be a bummer, i'll open a bottle of wine and play the music loud and will remember the good times.
jeroen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home