Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: any Mick Taylor news?
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 19, 2010 14:59

MT is selling himself for studio time as well. I can't remember what he is charging...but I saw it recently on the net.

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: July 19, 2010 16:56

I can make you a full report about him on wednesday, I am having dinner with MT tomorrow night before his show here in Genova.
Any questions you'd like to have answered?

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: July 19, 2010 17:31

dunhill
I can make you a full report about him on wednesday, I am having dinner with MT tomorrow night before his show here in Genova.

Not a single onesmileys with beer You know what to ask, man!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 19, 2010 17:36

crumbling_mice
Amsterdamned
Glad he's on the road again. Without cigarettes I hope.
Come on, these guys deserve a cig, the amount of smoking they have done, stopping would have hardly any beneficial outcomes...the damage is already done

Well, Richards stopped smoking years ago, and nowadays he only smokes at press moments to keep up the appearance of the brand "Keith Richards".

Mathijs

Posted by: ThankGod ()
Date: July 19, 2010 18:39

Mathijs

Well, Richards stopped smoking years ago, and nowadays he only smokes at press moments to keep up the appearance of the brand "Keith Richards".

Mathijs

Thats absolutely hilarious - and complete bullsh1t too i might add

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 19, 2010 18:47

muenke
dunhill

Not a single onesmileys with beer You know what to ask, man!

Sure, ask him what it was like being in the studio with Jagger again, and what he thinks of the Exile reissue. Also, did he sing backing vocals on "Through The Lonely Nights". Oh. and does he follow any of the discussions about him here on IORR?

Thanks!

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: July 19, 2010 19:00

Dunhill,

Ask him if he is really coming to Calif to do that show at Santa Monica,

Our get-together will be for naught if he isn't comming..

MLC

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: July 19, 2010 19:02

Ask him, if he will joining Dr Drew on Celebrity Rehab?

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 19, 2010 19:15

Ask him if he's rejoining the band with a tour announcement in 2 weeks as an insider we've all heard of allegedly told MitchFlorida. We're all holding our breath for the answer let me tell you.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 19, 2010 19:42

dunhill
Ask him if he's actually going to be playing in Santa Monica next month.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 19, 2010 19:52

ThankGod
Mathijs

Mathijs

Thats absolutely hilarious - and complete bullsh1t too i might add

I'am getting confused.cool smiley

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 6, 2010 20:52

sweetcharmedlife
dunhill
Ask him if he's actually going to be playing in Santa Monica next month.

yeh it's kinda lame that micktaylor.com, and other sites i've found w a quick search,didn't seem to have any recent tour dates or reviews etc...it looks like it's a good web page, sorta like when we follow the stones on tour, with setlists and links for reviews but nothing too recent that i've found.

quick side note: recent pix posted somewhere here taylor looks really more healthy than in years...at least to me...even with recent illness. we'll see...

well i hope to rock it up on the santa monica pier thursday the nineteenth and meet with some iorr stones fans for a drink on the pier...or close by...sweet charmed is coming i think...i'll try to take pix but only have cell cam. i'll try to get close for a shot tho...
i don't even have television, and i'm over the city line in venice... but i think traditionally t these concerts and air them on local santa monica city television public station...!! so if anyone is interested and local and has the setup, mebbe we can get it recorded for other fans...upload it or something. steal it and share it for free basically. it's a public thang these concert series and intended as such; well hope he shows...hope someone here who is also on shidoobee, i've been meaning to register there butnever did...or other stones world friendly sites to iorr; please advise them. we could have some fun; give mick some shit from the front.love him up bigtime. why not?

maybe i'll, or someone can make a seperate thread for this pier concert next week; it's still being advertised locally here and in all the l.a. art paper press...we'll see...

beelyboy...Think About it

Date: August 6, 2010 22:08

[www.songkick.com]
Beeley this is the only site I can find with Taylor dates on it. But I'm still planning on coming down and hooking up with Bluzdude. I'll start a new thread when the date gets a little closer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-06 22:09 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 6, 2010 22:31

Whatever happened with the poster who was having dinner with MT? Did we get a report?

Date: August 6, 2010 23:12

Yeah Dunhill,

What did Taylor have to say over dinner???

MLC

Date: August 7, 2010 01:16

Beely & All,

Went on the Santa Monica pier webpage and there is a replacement for Mick Taylor that night, 8/19 - guess that was in his "original" plans but had to cancel.
damn!!

MLC

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: August 7, 2010 01:21

Someone please ask him why he didn't play at the Stones' Astoria gig!

(and I want *his* answer, not lame speculations I've already heard, thanks!)

Date: August 7, 2010 01:23

MCDDTLC
Beely & All,

Went on the Santa Monica pier webpage and there is a replacement for Mick Taylor that night, 8/19 - guess that was in his "original" plans but had to cancel.
damn!!

MLC
Son of a Bitch. I knew that fukr would flake again. Another nice career move Mick.thumbs down

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 7, 2010 05:00

Oh Well (a song by Fleetwood Mac)

Now what!

SCL, If you cancel your plans, I will understand, or we could all get together to drink as to what could have been!

Date: August 7, 2010 05:04

smileys with beer
BluzDude

Now what!

SCL, If you cancel your plans, I will understand, or we could all get together to drink as to what could have been!
Hey BD,I still have plans for the whole weekend and Bettye Lavette is the replacement. She ain't bad. Does some nice r&r Covers including Love Reign O'er Me and Salt of the Earth. She could very well be worth checking out. Any other IORR's in the area want to get together I'm still interested. No MT leaves more time for drinking.

Date: August 7, 2010 05:06

Check some Bettye out here

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 7, 2010 05:50

sweetcharmedlife
smileys with beer
BluzDude

Now what!

Hey BD,I still have plans for the whole weekend and Bettye Lavette is the replacement. She ain't bad. Does some nice r&r Covers including Love Reign O'er Me and Salt of the Earth. She could very well be worth checking out. Any other IORR's in the area want to get together I'm still interested. No MT leaves more time for drinking.

I'm still game! We'll finalize plans next week.

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: August 7, 2010 10:35

MCDDTLC
Beely & All,
damn!!

MLC

sweetcharmedlife
Son of a Bitch. I knew that fukr would flake again. Another nice career move Mick.thumbs down

You should blame the American booking agent and the "organisation" that's trying to exploit him for confirming this show on their own accord.
Getting on an 8 hour flight just to play one gig is not what the doctor ordered at this stage for Mick.
When he heard (from friends) he was on the bill for a festival in Santa Monica, he gave his UK manager instructions to rectify this mistake. That is almost 2 months ago now - nothing was done.
If you want to know more, the promoters of the Pier festival are aware by who they were misled, so you can talk/write to them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-07 10:42 by Lightnin'.

Date: August 7, 2010 10:38

whitem8
MT is selling himself for studio time as well. I can't remember what he is charging...but I saw it recently on the net.

That ad was nonsense. Someone trying their luck, wanting to take advantage of the name Mick Taylor - without the artist's permission. The ad has been removed.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 7, 2010 10:58

Great that is so good to hear. I was saddened when I saw that.

Date: August 7, 2010 12:19

whitem8
Great that is so good to hear. I was saddened when I saw that.

Mick found the ad absolutely revolting himself. He wouldn't touch that kind of deal with a barge pole.

Date: August 8, 2010 20:20

Lightnin'
MCDDTLC
Beely & All,
damn!!

MLC

sweetcharmedlife

You should blame the American booking agent and the "organisation" that's trying to exploit him for confirming this show on their own accord.
Getting on an 8 hour flight just to play one gig is not what the doctor ordered at this stage for Mick.
When he heard (from friends) he was on the bill for a festival in Santa Monica, he gave his UK manager instructions to rectify this mistake. That is almost 2 months ago now - nothing was done.
If you want to know more, the promoters of the Pier festival are aware by who they were misled, so you can talk/write to them.

So why does'nt Mick Taylor get some decent management and schedule a tour that he'll actually show up for.By the way,the Santa Monica show wasn't the only show he was he was supposedly signed up for. Their was a festival in Colorado and 2 shows in Canada he was listed as scheduled to play.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 8, 2010 20:28

sweetcharmedlife
Lightnin'
MCDDTLC
Beely & All,
damn!!

MLC

sweetcharmedlife

So why does'nt Mick Taylor get some decent management and schedule a tour that he'll actually show up for.By the way,the Santa Monica show wasn't the only show he was he was supposedly signed up for. Their was a festival in Colorado and 2 shows in Canada he was listed as scheduled to play.

I'am happy with every new Taylor gig I can watch,real-time or on YouTube.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 9, 2010 01:56

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-09 01:57 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home