Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bill bass 81/82
Posted by: msw2525 ()
Date: May 19, 2010 09:10

the live shows in that time his bass is so profound and to the forefront always made me wonder why then???? Hampton 81 under my thumb...what a great version and opener but bill dropping bombs makes that and a lot of that live songs at that time.......go....

Re: Bill bass 81/82
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 19, 2010 11:33

From 68 until 76, the Stones live sound was mainly characterized by Keith's fat chord riffing with Taylor first, then Wood, playing leads on top. If you listen closely, Bill made a hell of a job also in those days, but it was not so prominent.

Starting from 78 the way the band played changed radically. More of a jazz approach. The guitars were more focused on giving accents rather than creating a wall of sound. The result was that Bill & Charlie were right there in your face.

By 81 Bill & Charlie took great advantage of the space they had, and adapted theyr style to the circumstances.

What a rythm section!

C

Posted by: jigsawp ()
Date: May 19, 2010 11:52

Liddas - you found the right words!I agree 100%.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 19, 2010 18:21

i think i agree with liddas, but i wouldn't call it a "jazz approach." there is plenty of jazz where the "non-rhythm" instruments are intentionally driving the songs and at the forefront....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1251
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home