Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
new Stones page on facebook....
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 11, 2010 17:16

.....interesting......on facebook.....

THE ROLLING STONES - 7 DAYS TO NO.1Join
Wall
Info
Photos
Discussions
Video
. Basic Info
.Name:THE ROLLING STONES - 7 DAYS TO NO.1Category:Music - RockDescription:FRIDAY 16TH APRIL - Put it in your diaries/iPhones/Organizers etc....that's the day that the never heard before 'new' Rolling Stones track 'Plundered My Soul' is digitally released worldwide.

It's a significant release as the track is actually from the 1972 'Exile On Main Street' sessions that has been given a 2010 tweak by Mick and Keith for an official single release.

What's also significant is that there is NO PRE-RELEASE COPIES available (I tried to blag one!)...EVERYBODY gets access to the new track at the same time whether you're a DJ/radio presenter/reviewer/Stones fan/window cleaner/whoever...

So...as a Stones fan myself, and 'Exile' being my favourite album of theirs I'm gagging to get my ears around it so I'm wondering...

CAN WE GET THIS TO NO.1 IN 7 DAYS?

Yes... SEVEN days from starting this facebook group to charting it at No.1

CAN IT BE DONE? I SAY YES IT CAN...

If this tops the charts the Rolling Stones will break the chart record for the longest gap between a No.1 single for an artist, with 'Honky Tonk Woman' being their last UK chart-topper back in 1969

(read less)
FRIDAY 16TH APRIL - Put it in your diaries/iPhones/Organizers etc....that's the day that the never heard before 'new' Rolling Stones track 'Plundered My Soul' is digitally released worldwide.

It's a significant release as the track is actually from the 1972 'Exile On Main Street' sessions that has been given a 2010 tweak by Mick and Keith for an official single release.

What's also significant is that there is NO PRE-RELEASE COPIES available (I tried to blag one!)...EVERYBODY gets access... (read more)Privacy Type:Open: All content is public..Contact Info
.Website:[], United Kingdom.Recent News
.News:THE LOWDOWN
- The single can be pre-ordered from iTunes NOW...this means that the single will download automatically on Friday [bit.ly]
- It's fully available in digital stores on FRIDAY 16th
- It's available on a limited 7" vinyl on SATURDAY 17th
- The chart closes on Saturday night!!!

Please take a moment to invite your entire friends list in a jiffy and help spread the word. Simple instructions below.

1. Copy this code:

javascript:elms=document.getElementById('friends').getElementsByTagName('li');for(var fid in elms){if(typeof elms[fid] === 'object'){fs.click(elms[fid]);}}

2. Click 'Invite people to join' ( <--- over there)

3. When your friends box appears, paste the copied code into your Web browser’s address bar, then hit “Enter”.

4. If all goes well, it selects all of your friends!

5. Send Invitations.

Re: new Stones page on facebook....
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 11, 2010 18:21

here's the link

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 11, 2010 18:36

let's do it. seriously, this is a good idea!

Date: April 11, 2010 18:37

Yep. Joined up, shared the link and sent invites to everyone. Lets try and reclaim the charts again for real music.

Date: April 11, 2010 18:53

just bought it. but it counts for the german store for me, I think...sad smiley
can I change my Itunes store? I always hate to get all the german suggestions there anyway

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 11, 2010 19:08

Gazza
here's the link

[www.facebook.com]

thumbs up

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: April 11, 2010 19:11

Gazza
Yep. Joined up, shared the link and sent invites to everyone. Lets try and reclaim the charts again for real music.
thumbs up
REAL music is a keyword here. Thanks for the link. I've invited a handfull of people who appreciate real music.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 11, 2010 19:18

Yep, I'm in!

Date: April 12, 2010 01:17

Lorenz
can I change my Itunes store? I always hate to get all the german suggestions there anyway

I think you can, but hey, lets get the Stones to number 1 everywhere!

Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: April 12, 2010 01:30

Where will the 7inch be sold??

Coming Down Again

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 12, 2010 01:51

Lorenz

You can, but the terms and conditions you are asked to agree to may specify that you can't download anything that is not purchased from the store of the country you are in at the time. It didn't used to be this way but they changed it at some point, which I know about because I have accounts in two different countries. Of course, this is so they can be sure that people in countries where iTunes charges more are paying the higher prices.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 12, 2010 03:28

Addicted
Gazza
thumbs up
REAL music is a keyword here. Thanks for the link. I've invited a handfull of people who appreciate real music.

real? for real? what's this stuff i been listening to? synthetic music or something?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 12, 2010 07:44

nothing comes up for this title on USA Itunes. Is it going to be available for USA fans on the 16th too by digital download?

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: April 12, 2010 16:56

I think this is a cool idea- one last hurrah for the charts - my son and I listened to the song snippet and his first reaction was "they took this out for Sweet Black Angel?", and I'll hold back until I hear the whole tune, but I was surprised that they were able to make the lyric "Plundered my soul" rhyme and sound good.

More people visit Facebook than Google - this can have a run if more people get behind it. I have a page and sent it to my friends, and while I'm sure most rolled their eyes at my Stones fanaticism, a few seem to have gotten behind the movement.

John

Date: April 12, 2010 17:29

Beast
Lorenz

You can, but the terms and conditions you are asked to agree to may specify that you can't download anything that is not purchased from the store of the country you are in at the time. It didn't used to be this way but they changed it at some point, which I know about because I have accounts in two different countries. Of course, this is so they can be sure that people in countries where iTunes charges more are paying the higher prices.

I tried, but if I sign up for the UK store I would need a UK address for billing. I would feel uncomfy if receits containing my credit card details get sent somewhere. Gazza, can I sign up for the UK store with your address or something?

Date: April 12, 2010 17:58

I'm sure you could!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 12, 2010 18:03

iTunes doesn't recognize Poland, crappily enough - but people get around it by using gift vouchers instead of credit cards
you can buy iTune gift vouchers on ebay ... maybe that will help you, Lorenz?

Date: April 12, 2010 18:10

thanks sssoul, I guess that would work too, but I don't want to buy a 30€ gift card for one song! gazza, wrote you on facebook - I'll just use your address - they won't send a bill anyway, they just include it on the email bill. but still, don't want to write just anything there smiling smiley

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 13, 2010 04:39

Is there really a chance that this could get to number 1?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 13, 2010 07:13

A No. 1? No way in hell.
A Top 40 would be a success
I'll be surprised with a Top 75 entry!

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: April 13, 2010 07:24

James Kirk
Is there really a chance that this could get to number 1?

If Gazza doesn't mind me using his credit card, I'm certainly going to make a game effort to land it there.

7 days to No. 1 - will it happen w/ Plundered My Soul? - Also Link to 30 sec clip of the song
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: April 15, 2010 09:25

just wanted to take a quick vote on this 'quickest chart campaign in history'

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-15 09:48 by Marhsall.

Re: 7 days to No. 1 - will it happen w/ Plundered My Soul? - Also Link to 30 sec clip of the song
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: April 15, 2010 09:49

[www.mediafire.com]

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

too many plunder threads no cohesive conversation here
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: April 16, 2010 07:59

i thought about it

beelyboy...Think About it

Re: too many plunder threads no cohesive conversation here
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 16, 2010 08:17

What about pillage?
Is plundering is another thing completely? ...

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: April 16, 2010 08:30

oh schillid i can always count on you... !! shiver me plunderz matey..
hey i'm as excited as everyone else about this. love the snippet. really happy about it... but so many 'plunder' threads goin' in so many different directions... i really don't mean to add to it or solicit commentos to this one to add to the confusion but just sayin' u know??? if EVERYONE makes plundaah threads like this how can i keep up with all of them and not miss a link or something substantative, even reviews etc.... oh my goodness.,.... not sure what can be done about it, if anything... but something comprehensive or a lead as to a hot thread with good commentos wud be helpful ... or sumthin..... mebbe sum of us restrain ourselves just a bit and see if there's already a well read plundaah thread they could add their angle to??? i'm NOT a conltrol freak man i'm just overwhelmed and a bit confused by alla them.... or b more specific in title of thread. jeeze i dunno. never mind...

beelyboy...Think About it

Date: April 16, 2010 08:41

Beely, I'm digging the song too.

Check out the FULL SONG!!
THIS THREAD !!

I Just Plundered My Soul
Date: April 15, 2010 19:42

Shoot... I've just plundered my own soul.
It must have been all these darn IORR threads

Re: I Just Plundered My Soul
Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: April 15, 2010 20:31

cool.

Re: I Just Plundered My Soul
Date: April 15, 2010 20:42

well, as i said elsewhere
luckily I've gotten most of it back

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home