Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 14
Re: My Fav Brian Jones pic ever!
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: June 15, 2010 10:49

Amen!! Let's get some fresh air in this site

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

smoking smileyRe: My Fav Brian Jones pic ever!
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 15, 2010 13:47

All pictures with Brian is my fave, and especially them with him handled the Sitar or the saxophone...what a cool guy..

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: June 15, 2010 14:57

I like these two very much...

Keith and Brian when they were close, fun and immature. smiling smiley

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: June 15, 2010 15:09

tonterapi

These are VERY cool. I'm very curious which song(s) het was playing in that time.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 15, 2010 18:05

Brian was the real pop star of the Rolling Stones, not Mick, let alone Keith. But Mick was a quick learner and soon he took over Brian's 'image', being the only pop star of the Rolling Stones when Brian was been pushed out.

Brian keeps on fascinating. I remember when I had bought Aftermath I played it a lot, especially to discover all those new and subtle things in it for which Brian is responsible for a very great deal. The video of the recording of SFTD is one of the saddest RS vids, next to the Altamont disaster scenes of course.

As far as I know in the end Brian got more interested in other instruments. It would have been great to have him and Taylor together in the band, Brian adding all those creative instrumental contributions. Just another RS fantasy. Anyway, I became a RS music fan when Brian was still in the band and my first albums were with Brian. So he means a lot as a Rolling Stone to me too. His fading away and his ban have left a shadow over BB and LIB for me. Maybe that's part of the reason why those albums certainly aren't my biggest fav RS albums. They both lack something. Must be Brian.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-16 22:25 by kleermaker.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 15, 2010 18:21

DiamondDog7
tonterapi

These are VERY cool. I'm very curious which song(s) het was playing in that time.

Those are shots by Ethan Russell, most likely taken at 47 Bermondsey Street, London - October 1968.

Date: June 15, 2010 18:23

kleermaker
His fading away and his ban have left a shadow over BB and LIB for me. Maybe that's part of the reason why those albums certainly aren't my biggest fav RS albums. They both lack something. Must be Brian.

Brian is on most tracks on Beggars Banquet. smiling smiley

Date: June 15, 2010 20:16

His Majesty
kleermaker
His fading away and his ban have left a shadow over BB and LIB for me. Maybe that's part of the reason why those albums certainly aren't my biggest fav RS albums. They both lack something. Must be Brian.

Brian is on most tracks on Beggars Banquet. smiling smiley

Okay, that must be the reason I like BB more than LIB!
But as for BB I always have the SFTD recording vid in mind, where Brian ends up in some corner of the studio. It's symbolic to me.

Date: June 15, 2010 20:56

kleermaker
Okay, that must be the reason I like BB more than LIB!
But as for BB I always have the SFTD recording vid in mind, where Brian ends up in some corner of the studio. It's symbolic to me.

SFTD was recorded towards the end of the albums sessions. Being busted for the 2nd time in May 1968 really seems to have hit Brian hard.

Mick said:

'Well it ruined him, He just couldn't take it!''.

Up till the bust, it seems as if he was participating and contributing as much as he had the previous year. Not full on, but still taking part.

Date: June 16, 2010 00:23

Date: June 16, 2010 00:40

well this is not necessary my favorite, cause like "Come On" said all pics of him make me smile. but here is one i quite fancy

RIP Our Lovely Brian, you are Greatly missed and loved smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-16 00:51 by SuperKeefFangirl18.

Posted by: tay66 ()
Date: June 16, 2010 00:54

love it

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-19 00:28 by tay66.

Date: June 16, 2010 00:55

there are a whole series of these pictures which i just love his facial expressions

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-19 00:25 by tay66.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 16, 2010 01:36

I love that spark of mischief in his expression - here's a couple from the Walk In The Park photo session:

(Bill Orchard)

(Dezo Hoffman)

- and one of my favourite pictures of Brian is this one:

In one of the books (can't remember which) someone said that he left a gap in the band which has never been filled. Doesn't mean that the later Stones are not a great band - just a different one. When songs from Brian's time get played live now, you can hear that things are done differently - maybe because the songs have developed - grown up, as Keith would say - but perhaps because nobody now can fill in that missing piece.

Posted by: GimmieChris ()
Date: June 18, 2010 04:03

This is a great thread DiamondDog7!!,I really like the pic of brian with the shades and the telecaster (Jumping Jack Flash video).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Brian play a telecaster before Keith?
(did Brian play a telecaster on Little Red Rooster?)

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 18, 2010 10:21

brilliant thread!

please keep the great photos coming!

Date: June 18, 2010 10:33

@GimmieChris and Adrian-L.

You're welcome! ;-)

I think this IORR forum is too much about Mick Taylor (although I'm a big fan of him), Ronnie Wood, Exile on Main Street and recent works.

I want to show and talk about 1962 - 1969... more about Brian's period with the Stones. More about Between the Buttons, Aftermath, December's Children, 12x5 etc etc etc etc.

winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-18 10:33 by DiamondDog7.

Date: June 18, 2010 14:43

DiamondDog7

I want to show and talk about 1962 - 1969... more about Brian's period with the Stones. More about Between the Buttons, Aftermath, December's Children, 12x5 etc etc etc etc.

winking smiley

Bring it in! The Stones in the sixties: great time, great albums, great shows/happenings. BtB, Aftermath, TSMR: wonderful stuff. The oldies as well (Blue Turns to Grey, The Singer Not the Song etc.).

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: June 18, 2010 14:58

DiamondDog7
I think this IORR forum is too much about Mick Taylor (although I'm a big fan of him), Ronnie Wood, Exile on Main Street and recent works.

Amen.

Date: June 19, 2010 00:16

Date: June 19, 2010 01:55

definitely someone you could look at and listen to for hours

and one of my faves wish it was bigger

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: June 20, 2010 08:42

kleermaker
DiamondDog7

winking smiley

Bring it in! The Stones in the sixties: great time, great albums, great shows/happenings. BtB, Aftermath, TSMR: wonderful stuff. The oldies as well (Blue Turns to Grey, The Singer Not the Song etc.).

definitely ain't gonna hear me complain on this ...

one of my most FAV PIX of Brian ... I do believe Gered (prolly spelled his name wrong - my sincerest apologies to the man) took this pic:

Always loved how his eyes seem to 'follow' you around. lol
-----------------------------------

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Posted by: Jonesstones ()
Date: August 24, 2011 15:21

Posted by: Jonesstones ()
Date: August 24, 2011 15:28

Theres a good photos of brian and bijou at

[www.stonesvikings.com]

sorry cant post it unable to copy from sitesad smiley

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: September 17, 2011 22:29

A nice portrait by Philip Townsend, 1963:

Date: December 26, 2011 12:16

Date: December 26, 2011 12:21

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-26 12:29 by DiamondDog7.

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: December 26, 2011 17:00

Great pix of Brian Diamond Dog!!!

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: December 26, 2011 17:35

Thanks for posting these.
Lots of good ones here.

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: December 26, 2011 17:54

DiamondDog7
Scooby
Thanks to everyone who has posted such wonderful pictures.

At the height of his powers Brian was a musical genius who seemed able to play any instrument to a very high standard. His musicianship gave the Stones a cutting-edge virtuosity that they have not reached since.

Well said, Scooby!

He wasn't a master of the guitar, but he did add some good sounds to some songs on the Stones records! His final days weren't pretty, but let's not forget what he GAVE to the Stones and to us fans.

The thing that often disturbs me about Brian's musical talents when I read latter day quotes about him from the rest of the band, is not so much how nice (or not) they are towards him, but the suggestion(s) that he "lost" his talent. I can only figure it is just a manner of speech in some cases, and there is of course a finality to it since he is dead.

It seems to me Brian Jones was the best musician of the lot in those days; he contributed so much. Understanding of course he lost interest in the guitar (or playing with Keith or the band itself perhaps), which must certainly have been a problem, became debilitated by drugs, missed gigs, couldn't go on tour due to the busts, etc. but to suggest his "talent" was "gone"/"lost" etc is odd. Had he been able to regain his health, cut out the drugs etc. surely most if not all his talent would've returned. If he hadn't died young anyway apart from the drowning, I suspect we would've had some very interesting music from him in later years; whether it would've been as a producer, soundtracks, nibbling on the edges of popular music, or he would've been a larger commercial force, who knows, but definitely something.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1520
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home