Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Your Rolling Stones Story
Date: May 31, 2010 00:29

Tell me the story on when and how you got into the Stones. tongue sticking out smiley

Me

I am only 18, and I remember I think I first became a fan around October of 2007. I think it had to do a little with Keef being in the Pirates of the Carribean At Worlds End Movie, But I also remember randomly hearing Satisfaction on Youtube and loved it, since than my love for them as grown. I know it sounds corny but they changed my life XD

And Now they are one if my favorite Bands of all time, (along with the Beatles)

So, tell me your Stones Story

BTW In new here, so um Welcome me i guess. LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-31 00:30 by SuperKeefFangirl18.

Re: Your Rolling Stones Story
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 31, 2010 00:39

Satisfaction on the transistor radio back in the sixties. Barely old enough to remember.

BTW, welcome SKFG18!

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: May 31, 2010 00:45

I told part of my story last week - my parents played Hot Rocks over and over when it came out and I was only 6-7 and I thought YCAGWYW was neat and kept asking my Dad to play that one! I then became a teenager in '74-75 and thought they were well washed up but when Some Girls came out, I came back on board and have been there ever since. The mid 80's were fairly rough, I didn't like Undercover and Dirty Work, but spent that time really getting into the classics and then Steel Wheels had a little sign of life (probably because that was the first tour I got to see them) and Voodoo was even better in my little opinion. I liked Stripped and Babylon. So anyway, they've been around my whole life, not sure what life will be like without them, hate that thought!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 31, 2010 01:05

Welcome new girl...SO how many Stones LPs/CDs have you listened to since your "awakening" in 2007?

What are your ten favorite songs? Do you know all the words to these ten?

THAT is your first homework assignment.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 31, 2010 01:09

You are entering a sinking ship...but welcome anyway! thumbs up

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 31, 2010 01:14

Welcome on board SuperKeefFangirl18.

We talked about this before................

Here you go again............. as 14 year old ('67) I discovered them by the records of my older brothers and sisters but started as real fan in '69/'70

The first songs I remember listen to were 2000 LYFH and Heart Of Stone

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 31, 2010 01:18

Yes, your question:

I knew some songs before, but actually a Smokey Robinson track,
Going To A GoGo of Still Life, changed my life. I was in
a record store in 1982 when the intro with the drums and the great
guitars got me. The bass and the voice on top - I bought the
album - and here I am, 28 years and 47 shows later.

Date: May 31, 2010 01:19

Well, Im not to good and remembering Lyrics, My memory aint too awesome
in general I do know some to some songs, LOL

My top ten ya ask? UM...

Rip This Joint
Rocks Off
Start Me Up
Wild Horses
Paint It Black
Mixed Emotions
Almost Hear you Sigh
(I cant get No) Satisfaction
Shes so Cold (now that one I know pretty well if I sung along with it) grinning smiley
Happy

Date: May 31, 2010 01:20

well sorry, I just joined so I dont mean to repeat Topics, lol I just didnt know you already talked about it :/

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 31, 2010 01:26

No, it doesn't matter SuperKeefFangirl18........

Great divers top 10, no Let It Bleed songs init hot smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 31, 2010 01:52

It all started with an unexplainable fascination with Brian Jones which lead me to Hot Rocks, then a live gig and 25x5 being shown on TV circa New Year 1989/90, then smoking pot to Yay-ya's, Sticky and Exile... Bought all the albums, saw the band once at Wembley, found IORR through arguing with Mathijs on Les Paul Forum... upon arrival here went crazy with stoned OCD!

thumbs up

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 31, 2010 02:05

SuperKeefFangirl18..I got into The Rolling Stones in the FLOWER POWER era.I was the scRuFFiest Kid in school and was proud of it.I thought I was the coolest kid in town with long hair and wearing my brightly coloured clothes and my brothers Beatle boots that were 2 sizes to big for me.And if I was with me mates and there was a Juke Box there I took it over and played only Stones songs on it.Been a Stones fan ever since..but not so Scruffy now ive cleaned up my act just like The Stones..cheers

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: May 31, 2010 02:38

Christmas 1965. Relations were visiting,one of whom had Get Off of My Cloud on 45rpm. I was 5 y/o, and I still have that 45rpm that the cousins forgot to take off the turntable. 10 years later(and much pleading) on Aug.2,1975 at the ripe old age of 14 I was in the old Gator Bowl in Jacksonville,Fl. for my first(but not the last) Rolling Stones show.The show was general admission, and I wound up about 10 ft from the stage.
The Stones had already changed my life, but that blazing hot day in Jacksonville sealed the deal.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 31, 2010 02:46

SuperKeefFangirl18
Tell me the story on when and how you got into the Stones. tongue sticking out smiley

Me

I am only 18, and I remember I think I first became a fan around October of 2007. I think it had to do a little with Keef being in the Pirates of the Carribean At Worlds End Movie, But I also remember randomly hearing Satisfaction on Youtube and loved it, since than my love for them as grown. I know it sounds corny but they changed my life XD

And Now they are one if my favorite Bands of all time, (along with the Beatles)

So, tell me your Stones Story

BTW In new here, so um Welcome me i guess. LOL

You give me hope for the young generation!

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: May 31, 2010 03:23

the 1st song I heard by the Rolling Stones was Miss You and I saw the video on a New Zealand music tv show called ready to roll.
I bought my 1st Rolling Stones record in 1981 that was Tattoo You.my friend and i would go into the record just to listen to the record until we could afford to buy it.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 31, 2010 04:05

15 years old at Chicago Stadium on a hot summer night and my world was changed in a manner that has only been eclipsed by my wife, kids, and career.

What an impact they had, and still do, 35 years later.

What a ride.

Worked outside in my yard all day today and cranked a selection of Stones that hopefully didnt piss the neighbors off too bad.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 31, 2010 04:39

colonial
SuperKeefFangirl18..I got into The Rolling Stones in the FLOWER POWER era.I was the scRuFFiest Kid in school and was proud of it.I thought I was the coolest kid in town with long hair and wearing my brightly coloured clothes and my brothers Beatle boots that were 2 sizes to big for me.And if I was with me mates and there was a Juke Box there I took it over and played only Stones songs on it.Been a Stones fan ever since..but not so Scruffy now ive cleaned up my act just like The Stones..cheers

What I also got all excited about 1969..in this order

1.APOLLO 11-First man on the moon
2.FLOWER POWER
3.THE ROLLING STONES
4.THE BEATLES

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 31, 2010 10:13

Not much of a story...I heard either 'Tell Me' or 'Its All Over Now' on the radio, and I was hooked.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 31, 2010 10:34

TooTough
You are entering a sinking ship...
lol

Ok,the ship is may be sinking but the sailors on it still get me excited !

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-02 16:59 by SwayStones.

Date: June 1, 2010 12:38

Hi Sophie, It's Joanne here.

I got into the Stones when I was around 14. (About 3 years ago) Never regreted it. Never will.

And I know what you mean about them changing your life, even though it might sound corny. To be honest if I didn't find them, I'd probably be 6 feet under, 3 years ago. Apart from having an alcoholic father, mentally defective mother and a dog that just stares at me...it's pretty much all I 've got right now. <3

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: June 1, 2010 15:32

SuperKeefFangirl18
Well, Im not to good and remembering Lyrics, My memory aint too awesome
in general I do know some to some songs, LOL

My top ten ya ask? UM...

Rip This Joint
Rocks Off
Start Me Up
Wild Horses
Paint It Black
Mixed Emotions
Almost Hear you Sigh
(I cant get No) Satisfaction
Shes so Cold (now that one I know pretty well if I sung along with it) grinning smiley
Happy

Christ two songs off Steel Wheels. Now that's a turn up for the books eh?

me got into the Stones aged 5 or 6 as my Mum played Rolled Gold a lot. I think the songs that stuck out for me were It's All Over Now, Carol, Satisfaction and Under My Thumb.

Welcome aboard the board. Nice of you to join us sad old farts ;-) Nice to have some young guns about the place.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 1, 2010 17:08

I became a Stones fan through the Beatles, actually - kind of. Through reading about The Beatles, naturally the Rolling Stones kept cropping up and I've always been the curious type. My father pulled out his vinyl copies of 'Big Hits' and 'Through The Past Darkly' and away I went.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 1, 2010 19:13

My story goes like Tell Me about the Little Red Rooster, but just Little by Little, and I'm Not gonna Fade Away...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-01 19:14 by Come On.

Posted by: Mickschick ()
Date: June 1, 2010 19:31

HEY superkeef! Good for you!! I'm glad you Love the STONES! There is nothing that they don't play! That is why they are so great! You get blues, ballads,dance,raunchy rock, dirty/funny songs,country,psychedelic oh man, just about any style you want they do and they do it well, and that is why they are the WORLDS GREATEST ROCK N ROLL BAND! And they always will be! So welcome to the awesome world of The Rolling Stones!
Ok I was about maybe 9 or 10 when my ultra cool cousin Erin, showed me a few STONES Records, and showed me pic's of Mick, and he was so cute! He had a shirt on that said Palace Laundry, I ended up getting a life size poster of him in that shirt!I hung it on my bedroom door,I'd kiss it every day! But anyways, My cousin had Get Yer Ya Ya's out and Hot Rocks and she put the music on and I just thought it was so great that I wanted to listen to it all the time! So I did! Then in 1975 I saw my first show at Rich Stadium Orchard Park NY (where the Buffalo Bills football team who suck, play)
So I was like 12 almost 13 and the Stones were my first concert, and that is what really made it happen for me, seeing them Live was awesome! Listening to them on record and radio was one thing, but then seeing them live, well that was so cool to my young eyes and ears that I was hooked for life! And nothing could ever change that not ever!
I think you should listen to all Stones songs but a few of my fav's are...
Little red rooster
Sympathy for the Devil
you got me rockin
Memory Motel
if you cant rock me
Loving Cup
tumbling dice
Cant you hear me knockin
Jumpin Jack Flash
Honkey Tonk women
Sway
Moonlight Mile
Winter
Far away Eyes
Worried about you
Monkey Man
Rain fall down
Streets of love
rough Justice

Ok so I can sit here all day and tell you just about every song that pops into my head is one you have to listen to but really Listen to it all, cause they are all great, see if you can get Live Licks, so you can see some great video and of course go on you tube and see some videos there too. There are all kinds of interviews to look at there is so much to learn about them and the stuff available is never ending! So you have lots to do! Enjoy it! Have fun and ROLLING STONES ROCK!
Love,
Colleen
Mickschick

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 1, 2010 19:45

I was 15 and started to get into them because I boy I liked liked them. The boy and I were never meant to be, but I guess the RS's and I were - as it's 30 years later. That's how strong my love is.

Oh - and welcome, lots of new ladies lately!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-01 19:45 by CindyC.

Posted by: Jos ()
Date: June 1, 2010 20:18

In 1964, a neighbourhood band returned from England after having seen the Stones,I remember sitting with these bandmembers and friends,playing and singing The Spider and the Fly, some on instruments some on whatever was around.I myself played matchsticks if I remember correctly :p

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 1, 2010 21:03

I had a couple of bad-quality tapes when I was at the grammar school, which was in the first half of the nineties. I liked them, but I woulnd't call myself a fan back then - I was much more into Beatles, Doors and some other music. Nirvana actually. Yea, I almost forgot :-)

It all came much later, when in 2003 I thought I should see them once - they were legends, right? Okay, so I bought tickets for me and my girlfriend (my wife now) and we went to see the Licks show. Some other friends of ours joined and it was a great party - we got to the fourth row by the b-stage and from that moment I was hooked. I started to buy CDs, DVDs, later found this page... That concert started my love of Rolling Stones, but also my love for live concerts - that was my very first "big" concert - I thought it must had been horrible to stand many hours in a tight crowd. That night I found out how wrong I was. I have attended many big concerts since then.

Anyway, there is also a great story how I almost didn't get married because of the Stones, but that deserves it's own thread I believe. I can't believe I haven't writen it yet. Okay guys, wait a bit longer... :-)

Or...what the hell...here it comes:

It was in 2006, I had a ticket to see the Stones in Brno and I wanted to go to see them in Vienna also. But then, as we know, Keith fell off a palm-tree, the concert in Brno was cancelled and the concert in Vienna was rescheduled at the very day before our wedding. It was impossible to make it, so I thought hard what to do. The best I could think of was to postpone our wedding to be able to go to Vienna. I didn't see it as a big porblem, we hadn't sent the invitation at that point yet, not much preparations had been done, so I said it to my girlfriend (my wife now - surprize), she looked at me and said that it was probably me, who fell off a palm tree. We actually had a big laugh, but it was clear to me, that I wouldn't be able to postpone the wedding. So I came up with a plan B - to postpone the honeymoon, so that I would be able to go to Berlin. And well...she agreed with that! So we got married, a week later I went to Berlin, saw the Stones, had a great time and 3 days after that we went to Greece, where we had a wonderfull honeymoon. So, this is the story...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-01 21:06 by Happy24.

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: June 1, 2010 22:03

I remember my brother around 1974, banging his hand towards the speaker to JJF on Ya-Ya's. And I remember me and a friend talking about and looking at Beggar's Banquet. And I remember Bedspring Symphony, that was rock from another planet.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: June 2, 2010 07:56

well i heard of them all my life but first noticed them musically when miss you was released and bought the single but i was barely 11 at the time and it would three more yrs before i truly became a fan. i heard them on the radio live in philly during the 1981 tour and was hooked. bought tattoo you the next day i remember seeing the video for start me up the first time and was like. the singer seems a little fruity, the drummer looks stoned, the bass player looks bored but the two guitarist WOW I WANNA PARTY WITH THOSE GUYS!!!!

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: June 2, 2010 08:34

This album was my first experience of Stones.
It also had the fat and the great liner notes by professor Mike Koshitani.
A perfect compilation album for a boy whose voice had just broken.

Golden Prize
Tracklisting:
TELL ME
(I CAN'T GET NO) SATISFACTION
GET OFF OF MY CLOUD
AS TEARS GO BY
19TH NERVOUS BREAKDOWN
PAINT IT, BLACK
MOTHER'S LITTLE HELPER
LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER
RUBY TUESDAY
WE LOVE YOU
SHE'S A RAINBOW
JUMPIN' JACK FLASH
HONKY TONK WOMEN
LET IT BLEED

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2282
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home