Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Exile Re-release
Posted by: kleenex ()
Date: May 29, 2009 06:29

Just got off the phone from a friend who works at Universal. The Exile re-release does come with a DVD live show (she doesn't which show, together with additional unreleased tracks and alternative versions). She has already seen early concepts for the packaging options.

All she knows of release date is "in time for Xmas market".

Sounds good

Re: Exile Re-release
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: May 29, 2009 06:42

Hope this is true and if its a success, MAYBE it will convince Mick to release more!!

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 29, 2009 07:02

if it's true, i'm sure everyone on this site will be buying a copy or 2

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: May 29, 2009 09:33

I think we all can imagine which live show it will be...

Posted by: astsu ()
Date: May 29, 2009 10:24

Just heard a rumour that it will NOT be the Ladies And Gentlemen DVD, because of unclear copyright issues.

Heard that they will put together a DVD from the same filmed shows but with until now unreleased material. Extras may come from the filmed Dallas Rehearsals on June 22, 1972.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: May 29, 2009 10:48

Maybe they'll send it to all fan club members as the promised DVD? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: slasausjes ()
Date: May 29, 2009 11:05

astsu
Just heard a rumour that it will NOT be the Ladies And Gentlemen DVD, because of unclear copyright issues.

Heard that they will put together a DVD from the same filmed shows but with until now unreleased material. Extras may come from the filmed Dallas Rehearsals on June 22, 1972.

The Dallas rehearsals were not filmed.....

Posted by: Matt ()
Date: May 29, 2009 11:18

I also hope for a total remix of the album. The sound is muddy, even in mono (some tracks)and Mick and I think also Keith have said that they aren't satisfied with the sound quality. Maybe this will be the only "de-luxe" release with the original album, remastered, new mix, with bonus tracks and a DVD? Something I would really look forward to.
Mats

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: May 29, 2009 11:22

Matt
I also hope for a total remix of the album. The sound is muddy, even in mono (some tracks)and Mick and I think also Keith have said that they aren't satisfied with the sound quality. Maybe this will be the only "de-luxe" release with the original album, remastered, new mix, with bonus tracks and a DVD? Something I would really look forward to.
Mats

Or - as I suspect (and actually hope) - this may be a curtain raiser for more Deluxe versions. Wouldn't surprise me if we don't get more expanded versions later. Stones fans will buy the same thing twenty times over, right?

Date: May 29, 2009 11:50

Exile is muddy? I wouldn't touch that mix, it's brilliant imo.

Posted by: Mr.Ed ()
Date: May 29, 2009 12:12

That "muddy sound" is one of the important thinsg of their 70-ties sound.
I love it, it gives a live feeling over the entire album.

Hopefully they can sort out the copyright issues so that L&G can be released as bonusd DVD on the Exile re-master.

Mr.Ed

Posted by: astsu ()
Date: May 29, 2009 12:19

How can you be sure that the Dallas Rehearsals were NOT filmed ?

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: May 29, 2009 12:40

I agree that the 'muddy' sound is part of what makes Exile an outstanding album.
But I would not mind to hear those songs in a 'clear' mix either. We already have the
original don't we? There is no need to throw away the old disks after the new ones are
out.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 29, 2009 15:03

do not tamper with a masterpiece.exile is the stones at there peak on top of the world .that is the stones sound in all there raw glory with all there power and might .i would recomend that folks that dont care for the mix to crank the volume on a true sound system with some big speakers and let exile breathe and just close your eyes and listen to taylor les paul blasting thru the speakers listen to keith's acoustic on sweet virginia ,with bobby's sax .listen to taylor lead on ventilator blues .i could go on and on .exile is meant to be blasted thru big speakers at ear splitting volume and wait for the cops to come knock knock knocking on your door .

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 29, 2009 15:05

I'd like them just to make it more louder overall. Add some compression, please. That would do the trick! And for the DVD, just take the L&G Jointrip version! sorry, just being realistic.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 29, 2009 15:16

This is the Deluxe of the reissues. This will be it. There is obviously no reason for them to do anything else. Remember, they are forward thinking and retaining the essence of the original releases.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 29, 2009 15:21

kleenex
Just got off the phone from a friend who works at Universal. The Exile re-release does come with a DVD live show (she doesn't which show, together with additional unreleased tracks and alternative versions). She has already seen early concepts for the packaging options.

All she knows of release date is "in time for Xmas market".

Sounds good

Did not they say now "Exile release " will come out only at the beginning of 2010 ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 29, 2009 15:31

This is the first really exciting rumor (sorry, rumour!!) in a long time. Thanks for sharing, and I hope it's true.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 29, 2009 15:32

Were the 2 shows at The Forest Nationnale in Brussels during the 1973 European Tour filmed? One of those show being considered(by lots of fans) the best live performance that the Rolling Stones have played in their career that would make a cool extra DVD for Exile. 4 songs from the famous double lp were played that day; Happy, Tumbling Dice, All down the line and Rip this joint.For the DVD sound track, they could use the bootleg "Brussels Affair",bootlegging the bootleggers.
Rock And Roll,
Mops

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 29, 2009 15:39

rollmops
Were the 2 shows at The Forest Nationnale in Brussels during the 1973 European Tour filmed? One of those show being considered(by lots of fans) the best live performance that the Rolling Stones have played in their career that would make a cool extra DVD for Exile. 4 songs from the famous double lp were played that day; Happy, Tumbling Dice, All down the line and Rip this joint.For the DVD sound track, they could use the bootleg "Brussels Affair",bootlegging the bootleggers.
Rock And Roll,
Mops

I'd think they'd want a show from the Exile tour rather than the Goat's Head Soup tour.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 29, 2009 15:43

Why not release a "live-Exile-sampler" instead of a DVD.....they could include Rocks Off from LIVE LICKS, Tumbling Dice from the WILD HORSES cd-single, Shine a Light from SHINE A LIGHT....etc.....10 tracks or so, alltogether. Maybe even include the PPV Miami 94 version of Stop Breaking Down???
Almost like a "Rarities 2".....I'm sure Jumping Jack Kent would be thrilled - and Jagger wouldn't need to be anxious about letting too much daylight into the vaults...

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: May 29, 2009 15:47

Lorenz
I'd like them just to make it more louder overall. Add some compression, please. That would do the trick!

from my understanding there is already a lot of compression on exile, maybe already too much. definately more than on sticky fingers for example.
and what you mean i think is limiting and that will definately not make it sound better.

Date: May 29, 2009 15:50

No man, they can't use that version of Rocks Off from Live Licks unless they unedit it.

Shine A Light from Stripped, not the stinkin' movie. Version on Stripped is a million times better.

The rest of it, yeah...and throw in Sweet Virginia from Stripped as well.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: May 29, 2009 16:00

Erik_Snow
Why not release a "live-Exile-sampler" instead of a DVD.....they could include Rocks Off from LIVE LICKS, Tumbling Dice from the WILD HORSES cd-single, Shine a Light from SHINE A LIGHT....etc.....10 tracks or so, alltogether. Maybe even include the PPV Miami 94 version of Stop Breaking Down???
Almost like a "Rarities 2".....I'm sure Jumping Jack Kent would be thrilled - and Jagger wouldn't need to be anxious about letting too much daylight into the vaults...

This Exile "Live-Sampler" could be a really nice bridge to the upcoming remastered live cd box, including Love You Live, Still Life, Flashpoint, Stripped, No Security, Live Licks and Shine A Light ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-29 16:20 by HighwireC.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: May 29, 2009 16:04

skipstone
No man, they can't use that version of Rocks Off from Live Licks unless they unedit it.

Shine A Light from Stripped, not the stinkin' movie. Version on Stripped is a million times better.

The rest of it, yeah...and throw in Sweet Virginia from Stripped as well.

They will do "Loving Cup" (with Jack White III) from Shine A Light, perhaps ...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 29, 2009 16:18

astsu

If true this is fantastic news. We would really get "unrelaesed" material. No matter that the absence of official L&G is a crime against cultural heritage of the world, most of us already have that in a form or other. But now we will get absolutely "new" material from the same shows.

It would be wonderful if in future the other albums would be treated also this way: adding a bonus DVD of filmed live material from the tours they played to promote those albums. There surely is mateeral in the vaults. Especially GOAT'S HEAD SOAP and SOME GIRLS would be thrilling ones... Well, I guess any 70's album would have an extra boost this way.

DREAMS DREAMS DREAMS...

- Doxa

Date: May 29, 2009 16:23

If they want to sell any copies they wouldn't put Loving Cup with Jack White on...

Bad idea. Isn't gonna happen anyway.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 29, 2009 16:30

astsu
How can you be sure that the Dallas Rehearsals were NOT filmed ?

They did not plan anything with those rehearsals, these were just rehearsals. The original tape reels (not the copies from which the boots were made) are in the hands of the former owner of Swingin' Pig. He also has some b-w fotos from these rehearsals. The tapes were not made by the Stones, by the way. The story goes that they were more or less secretly recorded on a reel machine in a different studio room. With all these wires running through the studio, obviously nobody noticed it.

The "secret" recording indicates that also no film was shot. These rehearsals were not meant for the public.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-29 16:33 by alimente.

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: May 29, 2009 16:32

ghostryder13
if it's true, i'm sure everyone on this site will be buying a copy or 2

will 2 copies sound better than 1...?

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 31, 2009 07:31

um .. one to play and one for their collection

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1936
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home