Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: New WOODSTOCK 4 Disc DVD Box Set Looks AMAZING !!! Check Out Promo Clip Here >>>
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 17, 2009 18:50

The new WOODSTOCK 40th Anniversary Collector's Edition Box Set looks like they finally got it right. Here a performer's list (I believe if covers at least one song from every performer who played the festival) *means not a performer/group representated on the original album/film -

RICHIE HAVENS
RAVI SHANKAR*
JOAN BAEZ
SANTANA
JANIS JOPLIN*
GRATEFUL DEAD*
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL*
THE WHO
JEFFERSON AIRPLANE
JOE COCKER
TEN YEARS AFTER
THE BAND*
Blood, SWEAT, AND TEARS*
JOHNNY WINTERS*
CROSBY, STILLS, NASH, AND YOUNG
SHA NA NA
JIMI HENDRIX

ARLO GUTHRIE
SLY AND THE FAMILY STONE
MOUNTAIN
MELENIE
COUNTRY JOE AND THE FISH
COUNTRY JOE McDONALD
CANNED HEAT

The Box also features 3 hours of extra footage not seen in the original film as well as supposedly "entire set" performances by some of the musicians. The AMAZON EXCLUSIVE DISC (only available when purchasing your box set through Amazon.com features performances by JEFFERSON AIRPLANE - Volunteers/GRATEFUL DEAD - Mama Tried/COUNTRY JOE AND THE FISH - Sweet Lorraine

SO, DO YOU PLAN ON PICKING ONE OF THESE BOX SETS ON 6/9/09 ???

Quality is amazing now (shot on 16mm film back in the day) Now it's; Crisp, Clean, and Clear - check it out :

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-17 19:20 by HelterSkelter.

Re: OT: New WOODSTOCK 4 Disc DVD Box Set Looks AMAZING !!! Check Out Promo Clip Here >>>
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 17, 2009 19:26

Great news......but who the .....is Meleniehot smiley

Re: OT: New WOODSTOCK 4 Disc DVD Box Set Looks AMAZING !!! Check Out Promo Clip Here >>>
Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: May 17, 2009 19:41

Melanie Safka is a singer/songwriter who had one of the biggest hits of 1969 with a song called "Candles in the Rain". The song featured a gospel choir as back-up on the chorus and was the perfect compliment to Melanie's voice which has quite a range.... This song was also notable for the fact that it is quite long (7+ minutes, I believe) yet was so popular that you heard it all over Top 40 radio that year. She scored another hit a few years later with a somewhat simpler (and shorter) Top 40 hit called "Brand New Key".
A very attractive woman as well with a charm to her that could melt butter....

Date: May 17, 2009 19:48

Very cute Flower Child.... she sang that one hit wonder song "Lay Down (Lay Down, lay it all down) - Very Linda Ronstandt-ish (but thinner)

LAY DOWN (Candles In The Rain) - MELANIE (Cutie Pie) - MAN, YOUTUBE has EVERYTHING !!!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 17, 2009 20:11

I'll get it for SHA NA NA winking smiley
Seriously I bet this box will show up again in 6 months in best ever "bluray" quality. Damn greedy labels...

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: May 17, 2009 20:41

I´m really looking forward to this. From what I´ve heard they´ve done an amazing job with the bonus footage and they were able to clear several artists (e.g. Creedence & Grateful Dead) of which noone ever expected a release of Woodstock material.

It was about time Woodstock got its definitive DVD/bluray-release because the current director´s cut DVD is horrible. Whoever did the soundmix for that must have been deaf.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: May 18, 2009 00:01

melanie did a cover of ruby tuesday

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 18, 2009 00:09

vancouver
melanie did a cover of ruby tuesday

I'm surprised no one mentioned it before!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: peter ()
Date: May 18, 2009 09:36

Johnny Winter....FINALLY ! peter

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 18, 2009 15:15

dcba
I'll get it for SHA NA NA winking smiley
Seriously I bet this box will show up again in 6 months in best ever "bluray" quality. Damn greedy labels...

Actually the Blu-Ray is coming out at the same time

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 18, 2009 15:27

I vaguely remember sitting through a four-hour "director's cut" that was shown in theatres for the 25th anniversary in 1994, and it seemed to be more Woodstock than anyone could ever possibly need or want.

"'I left one thing out of my Woodstock article,' says Tom Smucker, author of a good one. 'I left out how boring it was.' And though you can be sure it's not like being there, this three-record set does capture that."

--Christgau, reviewing the Woodstock album, (1970).

Date: May 18, 2009 16:17

Now a boxed set of the performances would be great. Am surprised that Amazon doesn't breakdown the track listing by artist...

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: May 18, 2009 18:04

Where are the Incredible String Band? Still not a complete line up.

OT: New WOODSTOCK 4 Disc DVD Box Set Looks AMAZING !!! Check Out Promo Clip Here >>>
Date: May 19, 2009 00:56

Tseverin

Probably an oversite on my part.....Sorry (but not 100% sure)

MELANIE WAS Ruby Tuesday !!!

Date: May 19, 2009 15:12

She was? Is there a story somewhere of this??

Date: May 19, 2009 16:02

HelterSkelter
Tseverin

Probably an oversite on my part.....Sorry (but not 100% sure)

MELANIE WAS Ruby Tuesday !!!

Wow! Who would have guessed that Ruby Tuesday would end up as a 300-pound woman who looks like a bag lady and sounds like a mental patient!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 20, 2009 03:42

>I believe if covers at least one song from every performer who played the festival

I was under the impression that Neil Young did not allow them to film his performance (which is a shame because he performed a song "Sea Of Madness" that never appeared on any of his albums; I guess it will be on ARCHIVES).

Date: May 20, 2009 04:59

Glam Descendant
>I believe if covers at least one song from every performer who played the festival

I was under the impression that Neil Young did not allow them to film his performance (which is a shame because he performed a song "Sea Of Madness" that never appeared on any of his albums; I guess it will be on ARCHIVES).

It will.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: May 20, 2009 06:01

The only way this would be worth it is if we got the footage of Pete Townshend smacking Abbie Hoffman on the head with his guitar. Unfortunately, Who geeks (of which I am a proud member) have said the footage does not exist (even thought at least 3 cameras were rolling during the Who's set).
I of course am being sarcastic about it not be worth it just because of this. grinning smiley

Date: May 20, 2009 06:06

"Melanie WAS Ruby Tuesday" Metaphorically speaking only kids smiling smiley ..... settle down now before I bring in the Lion Trainer.........

Date: May 20, 2009 15:24

Happy Jack
The only way this would be worth it is if we got the footage of Pete Townshend smacking Abbie Hoffman on the head with his guitar. Unfortunately, Who geeks (of which I am a proud member) have said the footage does not exist (even thought at least 3 cameras were rolling during the Who's set).
I of course am being sarcastic about it not be worth it just because of this. grinning smiley

Yeah, I'm sure that footage was confiscated and destroyed, as it didn't really fit in too well with the whole groovy peace and love thing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home