Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 15
Keith says No new MT overdubs!
Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: May 6, 2010 08:16

I just finished reading the Keith interview in the new Guitar World, and he says the rumors of Mick Taylor doing new guitar overdubs on Exile are completely false. He says if it happened he would know and it did not happen, that he and Jagger had no contact with MT for years. He did say a number of positive things about Mick Taylor throughout the interview and even a few positive things about Jagger believe it or not. Not to mention, high compliments to Bill Wyman's bass playing, saying that he didn't realize how good he was all those years and was blown away listening through the unreleased songs.

[www.non-filters.com]

Re: Keith says No new MT overdubs!
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 6, 2010 08:42

Strange, I'm sure I read somewhere that Mick met MT recently

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: May 6, 2010 09:24

Someone said they asked MT not long ago and he confirmed he overdubbed on one track (likely PMS I reckon). Maybe Keith didn't get the memo.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 6, 2010 11:02

It's already a little ridiculous with all this contradicting information.
If MT didn't contribute, why didn't Don Was say that clearly, instead of just a vague "won't confirm, won't deny" comment?
Or, if MT did contribute, why is Keith saying this?

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: May 6, 2010 11:22

LieB
It's already a little ridiculous with all this contradicting information.
If MT didn't contribute, why didn't Don Was say that clearly, instead of just a vague "won't confirm, won't deny" comment?
Or, if MT did contribute, why is Keith saying this?

Because the history of the band has proven time and again that rumours and speculation
are the best way to get publicity. And publicity gets your albums sold.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 6, 2010 11:35

After listening to the yet-to-be-released tracks I am confident the only guitar additions are Jagger's acoustic. I did not hear any MT or KR overdubs.

And if electric guitar overdubs would have been done it would have been done by people whom can do it much faster and better than any of the Stones, like they did with the Austin concert for example.

Mathijs

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 6, 2010 11:37

marcovandereijk..Rumours and Speculations people make a living out of it.The Sun newspaper people will be up bright and early again today.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 6, 2010 12:04

Mathijs
After listening to the yet-to-be-released tracks I am confident the only guitar additions are Jagger's acoustic. I did not hear any MT or KR overdubs.

And if electric guitar overdubs would have been done it would have been done by people whom can do it much faster and better than any of the Stones, like they did with the Austin concert for example.

Mathijs

The truth can hurt so much..

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: May 6, 2010 12:13

Mathijs

Mathijs

Never knew that. Do you know who played the overdubs for the Austin Concert? Overdubbing live concerts is something I really don't like. I know it's something that's done like forever. But if it's also done by other musicians, it's even more ridiculous.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 6, 2010 12:15

I never watch the Austin show because these overdubs are a brutal sign of the band's decline. After the presentation we will know if Taylor did overdubs over not, but asking other musicians to do overdubs would be insane, then it would not be a Stonesalbum anymore. Would it make sense to announce a rerelease of Let It Bleed that has been recorded recently by other musicians?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 6, 2010 12:57

I beginning to think the only option for the Stones to continue is to bring back both Taylors.............MICK and DICK !

BOTH Keith and Ronnie seem to be living in a parallel universe with the endless B.S. they talk. I'm very very sad about this,but I can't see a future,so the archives are the only way forward IMHO.

I really hope I'm proved wrong.

sc uk

Date: May 6, 2010 14:13

Mathijs

Mathijs

Keith stated in an interview prior to the release that he added acoustic guitar on the second half of a song, finishing it up 38 years later. I'm pretty sure the acoustic guitar on PMS is Jagger, though.

Date: May 6, 2010 14:15

John1982
Mathijs

Mathijs

Never knew that. Do you know who played the overdubs for the Austin Concert? Overdubbing live concerts is something I really don't like. I know it's something that's done like forever. But if it's also done by other musicians, it's even more ridiculous.

They are even credited at the end of the concert movie... Pierre de Beauport (Keith's guitar tech) is credited. I don't know the name of the other person.

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: May 6, 2010 14:19

Keith is not entirely clued in on recent events. He's actually making himself look a bit silly by saying what he did to Guitar World.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 6, 2010 14:20

if this is true i give up my RS fanship. It is ridiculous!!!!!!! Overdubbing DVDs with othjer guitar players??. RS go to Hell!! I´m not going to buy anything else in my life of this people. I have spent too much money for these clowns...............how can they admit this???????????

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 6, 2010 14:25

Regarding the Austin show: I thought the the additional recordings refered to camera work (like something from backstage). Do we have any hard evidence that it was guitar work by Pierre or is it just the usual naysayer tripe?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 6, 2010 14:30

It looks like that it was true when speculated about Jagger probably asked to be hush-hush (to Keith) about Taylor's involement in the project... They did a good work: Keith is seemingly the only person planet not knowing about it! >grinning smiley<

Anyway, what actually is true or not, I don't have any resources to say anything. I have only heard two cuts by now. Is there any real document (other than Don Was's obscure statement that can be intrpreted any way) about Taylor's presence? Or are we just wittnessing one more urban myth concerning The Rolling Stones to have born?grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-06 14:37 by Doxa.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 6, 2010 14:31

Maybe that coconut tree was much taller ...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 6, 2010 14:37

RS go to Hell!! I´m not going to buy anything else in my life of this people. I have spent too much money for these clowns...............how can they admit this???????????

Geeeeeeeeeeeeez wait till KeithNacho finds out about Churchill & Norman Shelley

ROCKMAN

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 6, 2010 14:43

I'm a hard fan of these people. They are performing worse everytime!. And if it is true the Austin show rumour................. I'll burn all my guitars!!!!!!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 6, 2010 14:47

I know fire-wood's expensive now-days but that's redickuless.....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 6, 2010 14:54

Rockman
RS go to Hell!! I´m not going to buy anything else in my life of this people. I have spent too much money for these clowns...............how can they admit this???????????

I didn't since 1976. cool smiley

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 6, 2010 15:01

amsterdamned..When Keiths new book comes out it might mention about the accident in Fiji and his time in Hospital.I would say his Neurosurgeon Andrew Law will be one of the first to get a signed copy.

Date: May 6, 2010 15:04

colonial
amsterdamned..When Keiths new book comes out it might mention about the accident in Fiji and his time in Hospital.I would say his Neurosurgeon Andrew Law will be one of the first to get a signed copy.

Sure, I'am glad he survived it.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 6, 2010 15:05

>> He's actually making himself look a bit silly by saying what he did to Guitar World. <<

almost as silly as Mick J apparently forgetting in at least one interview that there was an album between LIB and Exile,
and saying Exile was "the first album Mick T really played on"

the moral is: people are mistaken sometimes, even in public. so what

Date: May 6, 2010 15:13

with sssoul
>> He's actually making himself look a bit silly by saying what he did to Guitar World. <<

almost as silly as Mick J apparently forgetting in at least one interview that there was an album between LIB and Exile,

Taylor played lead and ryhtm on PMS,one can argue about it,but I'am not going to argue with Keith Lawyers.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 6, 2010 15:16

Okay, we all know PMS and a bootleg of I AINT SIGNIFYING. Has another official new track been leaked yet? There was talk that FOLLOWING THE RIVER would be coming out about 2 weeks prior to the release, but nothing yet to the best of my knowledge.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 6, 2010 15:23

with sssoul

I agree with the moral but I find those two quotes belonging to a different rank. I find it funny if the guy "forgets" mentioning a name of classic album released some 40 years ago in the middle of hectic period of creativity and a run of masterpieces ("from which album it was, Bill?"), or what happened to be the specific album a certain memeber was first on, etc. - that's charming - but denying the presence of an old band member in a session happened last year sounds strange. He really didn't knew Taylor being around, or he doesn't want to admit it. Or Taylor wasn't there. I don't take sides here, but the whole thing sounds odd.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-06 15:27 by Doxa.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 6, 2010 15:28

JumpingKentFlash
Regarding the Austin show: I thought the the additional recordings refered to camera work (like something from backstage). Do we have any hard evidence that it was guitar work by Pierre or is it just the usual naysayer tripe?

Camera work??

It clearly says 'additional recordings by'on the DVD booklet and the two players credited (Beauport and David Rouze) are both guitar technicians. Pierre has even played on Stones studio recordings before, so I cant see how much clearer they can make it. Plus, its quite obvious when watching the Austin show that there are studio overdubs added. Beauport is Keith's guitar tech. Rouze is a bassist who is also Mick's guitar tech.

At least they were up front about it on that occasion and as its been discussed before, why people are even doubting or debating it now is a bit odd.

As for the MT overdubs on Exile. Was & Jagger were evasive about it and refused to confirm or deny it (which is as good as an admission that it happened in my book), Keith says that not only did Taylor not do any overdubs but the band have had no contact with him for years - and yet Taylor says that he overdubbed a guitar part on one song.

If that doesnt speak volumes about the way the Stones work as a band these days (if they're STILL a band) I dont know what does. Why all the secrecy and contradictory statements? You'd think that if they were going to feed BS to their fans and the media, they'd at least try and be consistent aboout getting their stories straight. Doesn't say much for Keith's involvement in the new Exile either IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-06 15:31 by Gazza.

Date: May 6, 2010 15:46

There are no guitar techs credited on Live Licks either, but when listening to the two Open G-guitars on CYHMK, I'm pretty sure one of them (left) isn't played by Keith, and Ronnie plays the song in standard tuning...

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1020
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home