Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Peter Wolf Tour!!!
Posted by: slew ()
Date: August 22, 2010 23:30

How was GEils at Fenway? ANyone go?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 23, 2010 00:46

I've always contested this great love song...yet another remarkable side to these R&R beasts!

Peter Wolf Tour Dates For The West Coast……
Posted by: funkyjudgeUK ()
Date: August 27, 2010 07:44

First dates announced.

9/29 Seattle, WA Showbox at the Market

9/30 Portland, OR Aladdin Theatre

10/2 San Francisco, CA Swedish American Hall

10/3 Santa Barbara, CA Soho Lounge

10/5 San Diego, CA Anthology

10/6 Los Angeles, CA Largo

10/7 San Juan Capistrano, CA Coach House

10/10 Redondo Beach, CA Brixton

funkyjudge

[funkyjudge.net]

Posted by: chrismusic ()
Date: August 27, 2010 15:49

Would rather hear the Carltons on tour (acapella group formed w/ Keith & named after singing motown songs in the bathrooms of Ritz Carlton's while on tour in '82).

Re: Peter Wolf Tour Dates For The West Coast……
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 27, 2010 17:09

funkyjudgeUK
First dates announced.

9/29 Seattle, WA Showbox at the Market

9/30 Portland, OR Aladdin Theatre

10/2 San Francisco, CA Swedish American Hall

10/3 Santa Barbara, CA Soho Lounge

10/5 San Diego, CA Anthology

10/6 Los Angeles, CA Largo

10/7 San Juan Capistrano, CA Coach House

10/10 Redondo Beach, CA Brixton

funkyjudge
I've never even heard of the Swedish American Hall....Didn't even know Pete was Swedish.winking smiley

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 27, 2010 18:17

slew

Apparently they blew Aerosmith into the weeds which is as it should be since Tyler was alleged to have had a diva meltdown insisting that Wolf not use his walkway into the audience.

I SAW J. GEILS BAND last Saturday night at Pine Knob near Detroit. They were phenomenal and had augmented the band with two female and a male background singers as well as THE UPTOWN HORNS who also play with those other guys we write about here...

Wolf made passing mention that they were recording so hopefully a DVD is in the works.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 27, 2010 18:45

I was at Fenway, and the mighty J. Geils Band proved that despite years of inactivity, they are still the Greatest Live Band in the History of the Universe.

Wolf used the ramp, despite Tyler trying to keep him off of it. Then Wolf used most of the Outfield and the Right Field Seats to once again prove that he owns the stage and anything near it!

Shake what mama gave you!

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: August 27, 2010 20:00

Kurt
I was at Fenway, and the mighty J. Geils Band proved that despite years of inactivity, they are still the Greatest Live Band in the History of the Universe.

Wolf used the ramp, despite Tyler trying to keep him off of it. Then Wolf used most of the Outfield and the Right Field Seats to once again prove that he owns the stage and anything near it!

Shake what mama gave you!

after seeing them whip it up at DTE and having a week to think about it, i agree... Greatest Live Band in the History of the Universe. seen them enough times to know (at least 10, maybe more).

Date: August 27, 2010 21:21

Think the Swedish American Hall is actually this place: http://www.cafedunord.com/index.php
The listing on Peter Wolf's Facebook is a bit vague.

Wednesday September 19th – Seattle, WA – Showbox at the Market, 1426 1st Ave, Seattle, WA 98101

Thursday September 30th – Portland, OR – Aladdin Theatre, 3017 Southeast Milwaukie Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97202

Saturday October 2nd – San Francisco, CA – Cafe du Nord Swedish American Hall club, 170 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94114

Sunday October 3rd – Santa Barbara, CA – Soho Lounge, 221 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101

Tuesday October 5th – San Diego, CA – Anthology, 1337 India Street, San Diego, California 92101

Wednesday October 6th – Los Angeles, CA – Largo, 366 North La Cienega Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048

Thursday October 7th – San Juan Capistrano, CA – Coach House, 33157 Camino Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675

Sunday October 10th – Redondo Beach, CA – Brixton, 100 West Torrance Boulevard, Redondo Beach, CA 90277

[funkyjudge.net]

Date: September 4, 2010 07:10

Date: September 18, 2010 21:41

Correction to the October 2nd venue.

Saturday October 2nd – San Francisco, CA – Yoshi’s Restaurant and Jazz Club, 1330 Fillmore St., San Francisco, CA, 94115

[funkyjudge.net]

Posted by: MRJIMMMY ()
Date: September 18, 2010 22:31

R
slew

Apparently they blew Aerosmith into the weeds which is as it should be since Tyler was alleged to have had a diva meltdown insisting that Wolf not use his walkway into the audience.

I SAW J. GEILS BAND last Saturday night at Pine Knob near Detroit. They were phenomenal and had augmented the band with two female and a male background singers as well as THE UPTOWN HORNS who also play with those other guys we write about here...

Wolf made passing mention that they were recording so hopefully a DVD is in the works.

i was at dte too. 12th row left. i loved the rockets as a warm up band , and J GEILS absolutely blew the roof off that ole PINE KNOB pavillion !!

Date: September 23, 2010 07:33

EXTRA TUPELO MUSIC HALL SHOW ADDED. September 28th. 2010

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS.

Announced a few hours ago and already selling out fast.

[funkyjudge.net]

Date: September 23, 2010 07:35

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Seattle, Portland, and Redondo Beach tour dates have been cancelled.

[funkyjudge.net]

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1328
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home