Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Jagger: "Blue"
Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: March 27, 2010 01:29

So where do you find this? Are the only options to buy the import cd single of 'God Gave Me Everything' or listen to it on YouTube? I am surprised it isn't even available on iTunes.

Re: Mick Jagger: "Blue"
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 27, 2010 01:43

..Blue is incredible.....Jagger buried this as a B side on an import.....makes one scratch their head when you compare this to Streets of Love....

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: March 27, 2010 04:46

Blue is AMAZING!! I love this song!.. He should have saved it for the Stones.. best thing he's ever done solo!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: March 27, 2010 04:54

It was available on iTunes at one time. When they upgraded all their downloads to a higher bitrate it disappeared.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: March 27, 2010 11:26

lamemodem2
It was available on iTunes at one time. When they upgraded all their downloads to a higher bitrate it disappeared.

The complete Mick-Jagger-cataloque went to Rhino Records [Warner Music Group], except the soundtrack albums.

[www.rhino.com]

Perhaps we'll get a "Mick Jagger Rarities" with such b-sides and more, may be in 2020 ... cool smiley
Or the Re-Remastered Goddess first ...

HighwireC

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-27 11:32 by HighwireC.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 27, 2010 14:25

Posted by: cc ()
Date: March 27, 2010 17:49

ah, I've finally heard this after reading numerous posts about it in solo-jagger threads. It is a good song, a good piece of writing. I haven't heard Goddess in the Doorway, but I can't imagine "Blue" not being better than at least one song on there. It's got a pretty bland production, though. You can tell it's mick and some studio musicians rather than a band. The arrangement doesn't really go anywhere unusual, either.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 27, 2010 18:00

Hey, IMPOSTER, I bought my copy from EBAY. Go to the Stones section and enter " BLUE-MICK JAGGER IMPORT" and that should take you to a list of choices. Idid this long ago so I'm not sure that it's still available but it's worth a try. I love this song! I wish it had been on " Goddess."

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 27, 2010 21:18

cc
It's got a pretty bland production, though. You can tell it's mick and some studio musicians rather than a band. The arrangement doesn't really go anywhere unusual, either.

Its the same "bland production" and arrangement that the Stones used in their most creative period 1968-1972 so I cant see whats wrong. And the mix of Blues and Gospel in "Blue" makes this song very special - I wish the Stones would have been able to come up with something even remotedly creative in ABB.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: March 27, 2010 22:05

Listening to this on Spotify now, it's rather excellent isn't it?

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: March 27, 2010 22:18

This song would have classed up Bigger Bang considerably I think. Why in the hell he didn't just save it for the Stones instead of relegating it to an obscure b-side from a middling solo album I have no idea. If he wanted a centerpiece ballad for the record this would have been way better than Streets of Love.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: March 27, 2010 22:42

theimposter
This song would have classed up Bigger Bang considerably I think. Why in the hell he didn't just save it for the Stones instead of relegating it to an obscure b-side from a middling solo album I have no idea. If he wanted a centerpiece ballad for the record this would have been way better than Streets of Love.

I guess the point of Streets Of Love was to offer something bland and boring that radio stations would like to play. It didn't exactly turn out to be that way because radio stations rarely play new songs these days anyway, but the Stones tried. Unfortunately, it didn't help their album.

As for "Blue", it's among the better songs from "Goddess in the Doorway".

Date: March 27, 2010 23:30

alimente

Its the same "bland production" and arrangement that the Stones used in their most creative period 1968-1972 so I cant see whats wrong.

I disagree. In their most creative period -- 1966-1972 -- the group came up with unique atmospheres and textures for many, many tracks. Few songs in those years had such an undistinguished sound as this one. This is an area where simply having a guitar stylist like keith play the same parts would probably have resulted in something special. Instead, the only really soulful playing here is mick's harmonica and vocal.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 28, 2010 00:12

alimente
cc
It's got a pretty bland production, though. You can tell it's mick and some studio musicians rather than a band. The arrangement doesn't really go anywhere unusual, either.

Its the same "bland production" and arrangement that the Stones used in their most creative period 1968-1972 so I cant see whats wrong. And the mix of Blues and Gospel in "Blue" makes this song very special - I wish the Stones would have been able to come up with something even remotedly creative in ABB.

..well it's obvious he doesn't really care...while at the same time making a point....that he can still write a pretty damn good song.....

Posted by: slew ()
Date: March 28, 2010 18:55

This is a really good song, I'd never heard it but have read how good it is. I really like it.

Date: March 28, 2010 20:50

Rip This
alimente
cc

..well it's obvious he doesn't really care...while at the same time making a point....that he can still write a pretty damn good song.....

exactly--craftsmanship, rather than something organic.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 28, 2010 21:04

Blue was voted off the list of songs on ABB by Keith, who insisted on " Infamy" instead. JOKING!! I just wanted to get a rise out of you all!!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 29, 2010 02:50

The backing is rather bland, cool song though!

Posted by: Pokalheld ()
Date: March 29, 2010 06:24

Where is the point to compare everything with the golden age of 1968-72? I prefer to compare it with 90s and 00s stuff.

I like Blue. But to me there is better Jagger and Stones music of the 90s and 00s. There are quite a lot blues and ballad tracks around like Brand New Car, The Storm, Back Of My Hand. Even Might As Well As Well Get Juiced is a blues basically, it's just played with a synthesizer.

Posted by: crackedglauzer ()
Date: July 17, 2010 02:01

Where can I listen to it? since it's been removed from youtube.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 17, 2010 16:33

I never really got what is soo great about Blue.

Somehow it always remembers me of that Aerosmith tune: Pink . . .

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 17, 2010 16:40

Date: July 17, 2010 21:09

is it just my system? I can't get this to play.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: July 17, 2010 21:57

CousinC
I never really got what is soo great about Blue.
Musicwise, I think, it's the keyboards. A blues with just one guitar, no harp - but a Wurlitzer and a B3 Hammond!!!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 17, 2010 22:35

I've just finally acquired this (it's available as a download from Amazon.uk if you are able to buy downloads there) - and wow, what a track - just builds and builds, and Mick's singing gets better and better as it goes on. Entirely agree that it deserves much better than being buried on a B-side.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: July 17, 2010 23:28

I always liked this one and I didn't think the other B-side from that Cd wasn't bad either - "If Things Could've been different"

Posted by: crackedglauzer ()
Date: July 18, 2010 05:33

cc

I can't get it too

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: July 18, 2010 12:39

Green Lady
I've just finally acquired this (it's available as a download from Amazon.uk if you are able to buy downloads there) - and wow, what a track - just builds and builds, and Mick's singing gets better and better as it goes on. Entirely agree that it deserves much better than being buried on a B-side.

Thanks Green Lady , instant reward for reading this thread, 1 click and it's there on my PC.

Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: July 18, 2010 12:54

Lynd8
I always liked this one and I didn't think the other B-side from that Cd wasn't bad either - "If Things Could've been different"

I agree completely! Add to this list "I'm ringing" and "Catch as catch can". Yep,
Mick has some pretty cool b-sides.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 18, 2010 14:31

crackedglauzer
cc

I can't get it too

is there any message? or the site's not loading?
you need to still double click the track title in the list...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home