Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 26
Re: EXILE press release says ten new tracks
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 27, 2010 23:28

jamesfdouglas
When was Blood Red Wine recorded?

68 i think

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: February 28, 2010 00:53

dcba
"Give them the Nobel prize for economics."

You should know that there's no Nobel prize for economics per se. It's sth that was invinted LONG after Nobel died (in 1968) to impose the turbo-liberalism/facism ideology to the whole world, and dress it up as a science.
[en.wikipedia.org]

This "science" that works soooo well nowadays...
Guess my friends are pretty clever after all... smoking smiley

I usually tune out when I hear people start talking of mainstream economic thought in terms not too dissimilar to of a giant evil conspiracy, all the while benefiting from the immense advancement in the standards of living gained from it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 28, 2010 01:32

71Tele
Mabru
We almost know the complete tracklist of the bonus disc:

1. Plundered My Soul
2. Dancing in the Light
3. Following the River
4. Pass The Wine
5. Sophie Loren (?? mentioned earlier)
6. ??
7. ??
8. ??
9. Soul Survivor (alt. version)
10. Loving Cup (alt. version)

I believe we know Good Time Women is going to be on it.

We do?

Havent seen that listed, but if it helps, Jagger's interview in the new UNCUT says that he rewrote the lyrics for Tumbling Dice and recorded them in LA because the original lyrics (presumably 'Good Time Women') 'were crap'. It doesnt look like it'll be on the album based on that comment.

I've seen ten separate song titles listed so far.

In addition to those mentioned above, add 'Scarlet', 'Aladdin Story' and 'I Aint Signifying', all of which I've seen mentioned in recent days.

Mick hinted that the song 'Sophia Loren' may not be the title under which its released, so it could possibly be that one of the titles listed above is this song under another name. If its not, then that appears to be the final ten.

It would appear that none of the ten tracks have ever been circulated before in these versions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-28 01:33 by Gazza.

Date: February 28, 2010 01:34

melillo
jamesfdouglas
When was Blood Red Wine recorded?

68 i think

Thats correct. Its a 'Beggars' outtake.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: February 28, 2010 01:34

If there is only I Ain't Signifying as a bonus it'll be worth buying!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: February 28, 2010 01:36

It´s gonna be the greatest Exile edition ever, so stop whining.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 28, 2010 02:15

cant wait for that exile doc, looking forward to that the most

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 28, 2010 03:16

Gazza

It would appear that none of the ten tracks have ever been circulated before in these versions.

You mean they haven't been circulated with the newly recorded overdubs? Or you mean they haven't even been circulated in their original, "raw" form?

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 28, 2010 03:25

tatters
Gazza

You mean they haven't been circulated with the newly recorded overdubs? Or you mean they haven't even been circulated in their original, "raw" form?

All of them have been around in their original form,for many years...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: February 28, 2010 03:34

tatters
Gazza

Both. We still dont know whats been added for the most part.

they made a point of researching what was on bootlegs so as not to simply put out the same stuff.

Its not the circulating version of 'I aint signifying', I assume (the one we have clearly isnt finished). The versions of Dancing in the Light and Aladdin Story that circulate dont have a vocal. No alternate take of Soul Survivor has ever circulated. 'Loving Cup' may be the same take that we already have, but its quite possible it may be a different one from the same era. The rest have never circulated in any form, and most of them havent even been rumoured to exist.

Date: February 28, 2010 03:46

Gazza
tatters
Gazza

Both. We still dont know whats been added for the most part.

they made a point of researching what was on bootlegs so as not to simply put out the same stuff.

Its not the circulating version of 'I aint signifying', I assume (the one we have clearly isnt finished). The versions of Dancing in the Light and Aladdin Story that circulate dont have a vocal. No alternate take of Soul Survivor has ever circulated. 'Loving Cup' may be the same take that we already have, but its quite possible it may be a different one from the same era. The rest have never circulated in any form, and most of them havent even been rumoured to exist.

I confess I'm intrigued. I can definitely see myself running out and buying this (the 2-CD version) on the morning of the day it's released, listening to it, and joining what should be an interesting (to say the least) discussion here on IORR.

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: February 28, 2010 07:33

HOLY SHIT, I really cant believe some are complaning about this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-28 07:34 by Undercover1.

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: February 28, 2010 08:19

Undercover1

Wonders never cease...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-28 11:35 by ajc68.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: February 28, 2010 09:10

tatters
J.J.Flash
Will this coincide with an Exile tour? Like the Who did Quadrophenia???!!!

Exile is not a rock opera, nor is it even a concept album.

I meant will they play the whole damn thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: February 28, 2010 10:07

exile always should have been a 3lp box. their great double lp could have been let it bleed i would say

Date: February 28, 2010 15:35

J.J.Flash
tatters
J.J.Flash
Will this coincide with an Exile tour? Like the Who did Quadrophenia???!!!

Exile is not a rock opera, nor is it even a concept album.

I meant will they play the whole damn thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on how few songs from Exile they have played in the past 38 years, I'd have to say probably not. I know that some bands DO perform entire albums that are NOT concept albums, but if it's not a concept album, if it doesn't tell some kind of story, I just don't see that it makes any sense.

Date: February 28, 2010 15:44

ajc68
Undercover1

Wonders never cease...

The 2-CD Deluxe with ten previously unreleased tracks from the peak of their career is exciting news. Having to pay an additional $120 in order to get a DVD with only a few minutes of concert footage from the peak of their career is a legitimate cause for complaining. The Deluxe is a good value. The Super Deluxe is not.

Posted by: parislocksmith ()
Date: February 28, 2010 15:56

<<Exile...a rock opera>>

A brilliant idea, actually. It could be narrated by Spanish Tony, played by Benicio Del Toro, and take place in a replica of the sticky, ventilator-lacking Nellcôte basement. Just imagine.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: February 28, 2010 16:51

Lightnin'
klrkcr
Did Keith and Mick T play on this? Was Mick T only there for the doco?

Yes they both play on the "new" recordings and were both interviewed for the docu DVD too.
Do you mean that Mick T actually did overdubs like Keith? Or do you mean only his playing from circa '71 is featured?

Either way, this is very exciting! If Mick & Keith added overdubs, I can't see no reason why Mick T shouldn't as well (since lead guitar is often what's added at a later stage).

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 28, 2010 16:55

Exile is not a concept album. Why do some people continue to say that?

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: February 28, 2010 17:27

it´s not even their best record, why do ppl continue to say that?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 28, 2010 17:34

it's not even called exile so why do ppl call it that?

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: February 28, 2010 17:54

stoneswashed77

Well it is their best album, but I guess your opinion is as valid as mine. I certainly think this is exciting news. My guess is that the 10 "new" songs will sound contemporary. There will be the mother of all debates when it arrives. I predict a 20 page thread. Cant wait!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-28 17:55 by letitloose.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 28, 2010 17:55

...considering Exile is a pastiche anyway.....would they consider this for inclusion...

Date: February 28, 2010 18:47

letitloose
stoneswashed77

Well it is their best album, but I guess your opinion is as valid as mine. I certainly think this is exciting news. My guess is that the 10 "new" songs will sound contemporary. There will be the mother of all debates when it arrives. I predict a 20 page thread. Cant wait!

if it was the best album why do they hardly ever play any songs from exile for the last 30 years. not on the radio and not at concerts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-28 18:48 by stoneswashed77.

Date: February 28, 2010 18:53

stoneswashed77
letitloose
stoneswashed77

if it was the best album why do they hardly ever play any songs from exile for the last 30 years. not on the radio and not at concerts.

maybe because it is REALLY their best album, and not their most radio-idiot-friendly album. In other words - we know it is the best.

Date: February 28, 2010 19:01

that´s way too easy and you know it! and therefor just wrong. eye rolling smiley

Date: February 28, 2010 19:05

Is a best record defined by sales and radio play? Wouldn't that mean it's liked the most if it's the most bought album of a discography? That has to count for a big part of it. That certainly means something.

Then again, that can also just mean it's more popular than something else, hence Some Girls being their biggest selling album ever - which is confounding to me. Whether it's better than something else is a whole other - it's like snowicane - just a stupid word made up by stupid people about something that has no similarity to what it is named to resemble.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 28, 2010 19:08

there's no such thing as a best; only personal preference and favorites. please move the discussion along beyond the 3rd-grade debate level if you're capable...oh, wait...nevermind....

Date: February 28, 2010 19:16

Right. There is a 'biggest' because of sales. But a best? Ha.

A good example of that is The Cult. Their catalogue is, which I as a fan am glad about, small - 8 studio albums from 1984 to 2007 (although they would have had more albums possibly had they not broken up from 1995 to 2000 album wise). Sonic Temple was their biggest selling album. But Love is always hailed as their best (and definitive) album, closely followed by Electric.

Even the band feels similar things about Love.

So for Exile and the fans of the band and the album, there's something about the album that makes it the Stones' best album. I'm not of that group since I think Let It Bleed is their best album. But Exile certainly is one of their best albums - regardless of sales and airplay. Definitive? No.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home