Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 26
Re: EXILE press release says ten new tracks
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 27, 2010 02:52

But what if the book were to be bound in the finest Corinthian leather?

Well guess that's one way ta get them ole Chryslers offa the streets .....

ROCKMAN

Date: February 27, 2010 02:55

If this has already been posted amid all the Exile hooplah I apologize, but this is more footage than I had seen before.
One thing this made me think about is that Keith is nobody's fool. Check his rough visage out in this video; I mean the guy is messed up.
But then he looked fabulous a few months later for the US tour. He knows what to do - some vitamins, make=up, push ups, get the hair spiked up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-27 03:05 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: February 27, 2010 03:37

I am pretty furious about this, so I agree completely with all of the people complaining about this reissue. How dare they think they have the right to release an album that I don't have to buy if I choose not to? And even more appalling is filling it with tracks that, while some people want to hear them, I do not. Probably most upsetting of all is the fact that they're releasing an album half-filled with old stuff when they damn well KNOW that what the fans want is another Bigger Bang.

The nerve of those old rats. I almost wonder if they're doing it just to offend me personally. This is almost as bad as when they released that 'Shine A Light' crap. Which I admit I willingly saw in the theater and bought the dvd of, but only because I was and still am CERTAIN they were going to personally send a hitman to my home to force me to do so at gunpoint if I didn't.

The bastards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-27 03:40 by theimposter.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: February 27, 2010 04:15

What the FCK is DON WAS in the mix? Jesus Christ....

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: February 27, 2010 04:20

ROPENI
"About $150,- us dollars for the superduperdeluxeset."

You can always get these things for way less than the suggested list price when they come out...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 27, 2010 04:49

wild_horse_pete
The stones don`t make the prices you know that, it is all ready discussed hear on the board.

No artist make ticket prices or cd prices, and $150,- is not that much (i hope so for you).smiling smiley

Sorry, but thats wrong. The Stones set their own ticket prices, as do most artists. Fact. Jagger has even gone on record as confirming that HE sets the prices.

As for the $150 price tag - thats not confirmed. £100 in the UK, but CD prices in the UK are usually somewhat higher than in the US.

Four different packages and prices should be enough for everyone to get what they want. The deluxe set is a fancy package that, as said above, wont be selling many copies, so its unrealistic to expect it to be done cheaply. Jagger himself said just a few days ago that they probably wont be making much money on this project and he's probably right. CD sales are in the toilet all over, especially with the Stones, so putting out several versions and one of them a quite pricey one is one way of the artist clawing back that revenue thats been lost through illegal downloading.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: February 27, 2010 04:53

What's the pound/dollar price for the Super Deluxe GYYYO! set?

Re: new rollingstone.com article: Unearthed Rolling Stones Tracks Set to Debut on “Exile on Main Street” Reissue
Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: February 27, 2010 05:04

ajc68
Rocky Dijon
So it appears we're getting on the bonus disc:

1.) Plundered My Soul
2.) Following the River
3.) Pass the Wine (wt: Sophia Loren)
4.) Scarlet
5.) I Ain't Signifying
6.) Dancing in the Light
7.) Aladdin Stomp (aka Aladdin Story)
8.) Good Time Women (early version of Tumbling Dice)
9.) Lovin' Cup (aka Gimme a Lil' Drink)
10.) Soul Survivor (Keith guide vocal)
11.) Get a Line On You (early version of Shine a Light - previously released)

But there's only 10 tracks according to the media release.

And what about...

Exile on Main St. Blues (flexi-single)
Potted Shrimp (rumored to be from GHS sessions?)
Leather Jacket
All Down The Line (acoustic)

What about the full length version of I Just Want To See His Face, rumoured to be about 21 minutes?

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: February 27, 2010 05:07

Will this coincide with an Exile tour? Like the Who did Quadrophenia???!!!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 27, 2010 05:36

certainly looking forward to a free download of these old tunes i mostly already have...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 27, 2010 06:10

J.J.Flash
Will this coincide with an Exile tour? Like the Who did Quadrophenia???!!!

Exile is not a rock opera, nor is it even a concept album.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: February 27, 2010 06:13

i think he's asking whether or not the Stones will tour and perform the entire album, which seems to be a hot thing these days.

Date: February 27, 2010 06:19

1) CD for £11.99 2) 2CD Deluxe for £14.99 3) 2 x Vinyl LP for £14.99 and 4) Super Deluxe Box Set for £99.99

I'm a little confused about format #3. Is that just a reissue of the original double LP on vinyl? Without the ten bonus tracks?

Date: February 27, 2010 06:27

ajc68
ROPENI

You can always get these things for way less than the suggested list price when they come out...

True, but I'll probably just get the 2-CD version and be good with that. I stopped buying vinyl in 1982. The vinyl means nothing to me. Neither does the book. So I'd be paying the (possibly very many) extra bucks just to get a DVD I'd probably watch once or twice.

Date: February 27, 2010 06:47

studiorambo
What's the pound/dollar price for the Super Deluxe GYYYO! set?

Thought I saw it at Best Buy for $109.95.

Posted by: Fennikel ()
Date: February 27, 2010 07:06

I think; the Stones transformed through some kind of a time machine when they "messed" with the outtakes from "Exile on Main Street". I like anyhow, put why don´t they release an new album? It is clear that they have gotten together,why bother call it "bonus tracks" to an album realised nearly 40 years ago, when they have written, played and sung new lyrics?

Anyhow; Mick Jagger is the boss.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 27, 2010 08:06

It's a shame that it won't come out as the Ya-Ya's cd box. I collect cds, and it seems that I must buy the super deluxe version to get the bonus tracks, the book, the dvd and the album. I'll be happy to buy it, but what do I need the lps for?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 27, 2010 10:26

Gazza
wild_horse_pete
The stones don`t make the prices you know that, it is all ready discussed hear on the board.

No artist make ticket prices or cd prices, and $150,- is not that much (i hope so for you).smiling smiley

Sorry, but thats wrong. The Stones set their own ticket prices, as do most artists. Fact. Jagger has even gone on record as confirming that HE sets the prices.

As for the $150 price tag - thats not confirmed. £100 in the UK, but CD prices in the UK are usually somewhat higher than in the US.

Four different packages and prices should be enough for everyone to get what they want. The deluxe set is a fancy package that, as said above, wont be selling many copies, so its unrealistic to expect it to be done cheaply. Jagger himself said just a few days ago that they probably wont be making much money on this project and he's probably right. CD sales are in the toilet all over, especially with the Stones, so putting out several versions and one of them a quite pricey one is one way of the artist clawing back that revenue thats been lost through illegal downloading.

Well, they know that the regular nor any form of the album will not sell much, so they decided - clevar old devils - that someone need to pay for this project. Who there is but the hardcore fans... "they will buy it in any case so why don't we charge a bit more of "their" copy....(and it was those idiots who wanted it in the first place)">grinning smiley<

Seriously, I am more thrilled of this album than any since STEEL WHEELS I think. THe DVD part rises some doubts, but the ten new tracks - whatever they contain - is much more than I ever thought. And it's not just some tracks - from any goddamn ABB or VOODOO sessions, etc - but from the time The Stones were in their very creative peak. It's EXILE, man... the greatest rock and roll album ever, man... smoking smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-27 10:28 by Doxa.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: February 27, 2010 10:32

How dare they mess with these outtakes as if they own them! We've been living with them for years and years - they're ours!

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 27, 2010 10:36

Fennikel
I think; the Stones transformed through some kind of a time machine when they "messed" with the outtakes from "Exile on Main Street". I like anyhow, put why don´t they release an new album? It is clear that they have gotten together,why bother call it "bonus tracks" to an album realised nearly 40 years ago, when they have written, played and sung new lyrics?

Anyhow; Mick Jagger is the boss.

So you think that Jagger is so clever that he releases his new stuff (Instead of making a new Stones or a solo album) under classical name of "Exile on Main Street".... now, that's clever...>grinning smiley<

Anyway, the idea of making a brand new album around the EXILE out-takes could have been a nice idea. Or not?confused smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 27, 2010 11:57

ROPENI

It is a way to keep the sales figures low.
Stones was never a band that sold lots of CD's - so, don't mess up with that on the late days.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: February 27, 2010 12:16

mtaylor
Stones was never a band that sold lots of CD's

It depends on what you call "lots": Show me a release that didn't get gold or platinum status!

Posted by: kees ()
Date: February 27, 2010 12:27

Big fuss about not so much:
- a 30 min DVD with mostly already known material
- 10 new songs - great. But please don';t edit them Mick and Don!
price of the super de luxe box rideculous

WHY NOT A 1972 CONCERT?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 27, 2010 12:48

ROPENI

The greed of the Stones never ceases to amaze me.
Since they couldn't do the tour and stick us with $500.00 per seat, they had to come out with this.
l just love Capitalism...hot smiley

I know people who live in a post-capitalism system : they'll obtain what's on the $150 "extorsion" version thru Russian p2p sites, they'll burn two cd-rs and one dvd-r, they'll get FLAC clones of the stuff (not compressed mp3 sh!t) and believe me they won't feel they miss a thing by not getting the "genuine" article.

Then they'll sit in their sofa play the dvd(r) and exclaim : "Whoa! Much ado about nothing!" smoking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-27 12:55 by dcba.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: February 27, 2010 12:53

Negativism seems to be the order of today...thumbs down

Naive me thinks this (=the 10 "new" tracks) could be the best Stones record since Tattoo You!tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: February 27, 2010 12:55

dcba
ROPENI

The greed of the Stones never ceases to amaze me.
Since they couldn't do the tour and stick us with $500.00 per seat, they had to come out with this.
l just love Capitalism...hot smiley

I know people who live in a post-capitalism system : they'll obtain what's on the $150 "extorsion" version thru Russian p2p sites, they'll burn two cd-rs and one dvd-r, they'll get FLAC clones of the stuff (not compressed mp3 sh!t) and believe me they won't feel they miss a thing by not getting the "genuine" article.

Sounds like a well thought out sustainable system. Give them the Nobel prize for economics.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 27, 2010 13:08

JJHMick
mtaylor

It depends on what you call "lots": Show me a release that didn't get gold or platinum status!
"Lot's" compared to bands with similar status like Zed Z, Pink Floyd, Beatles, AC/DC, Springsteen, Madonna etc.
Stones hasn't had US figures over 6-8 millions compared to the other ones above with 10-25 millions (just one more than 6-8 millions than which is a "Best Of" with 12 millions) and just one amongst the top 100 best selling CD's in US:
[www.riaa.com]
The highest non "Best Of" is Some Girls with 6 mio. Most other bands have higher sales than that - even less known bands.
So, I think my reasoning was fair enough.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 27, 2010 13:15

Remember the ole days when everybody just shell-out for it and rocked out like a mad-dog ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 27, 2010 13:25

Now you see why they don't release any thing from the vaults. Complaint about what's missing, why haven't they done this, why haven't they done that etc.

Remember that Exile was 12 new songs and 6 outtakes to start with.

CS Blues and Ladies And Gentlemen have been circulating for years and are relatively easy to get hold of. Gimme Shelter didn't get a Euro DVD release for 7 years and I've no doubt that was a commercial decision. The cost of a restoration and sound remix is prohibitive for material that will hardly sell.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: February 27, 2010 14:11

mtaylor
JJHMick
mtaylor

"Lot's" compared to bands with similar status like Zed Z, Pink Floyd, Beatles, AC/DC, Springsteen, Madonna etc.
Stones hasn't had US figures over 6-8 millions compared to the other ones above with 10-25 millions (just one more than 6-8 millions than which is a "Best Of" with 12 millions) and just one amongst the top 100 best selling CD's in US:
[www.riaa.com]
The highest non "Best Of" is Some Girls with 6 mio. Most other bands have higher sales than that - even less known bands.
So, I think my reasoning was fair enough.

But none of these for more than one/two decade/s - not to speak of five (only the Beatles, and if you take their post 1970 solos in account, they even didn't. I am sure if they had continued like the Stones their old ones wouldn't have sold either that massive). So there is a lot they still have to proof.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1775
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home