Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Who wrote The Last Time ? Jagger/Richards or The Verve or...... ? And other borrowed copyrights .
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: February 4, 2010 21:23

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-06 14:47 by UrbanSteel.

Re: Who wrote The Last Time ? Jagger/Richards or The Verve or...... ? And other borrowed copyrights .
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 4, 2010 21:34

Funny thing I never heard any similarities with the Oldham version and Stones version

Re: Who wrote The Last Time ? Jagger/Richards or The Verve or...... ? And other borrowed copyrights .
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 4, 2010 21:39

NICOS
Funny thing I never heard any similarities with the Oldham version and Stones version

The strings are doing the vocal melody, but slower. The 'bass' line is essentially a slight re-working of Brian's riff, but slower.

The verve sampled and/or played and sang these re-arranged parts on their song, original parts of their tune is the lyrics and the skipping string motif.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-04 21:42 by His Majesty.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 4, 2010 21:39

I guess the argument (or lack of) about those comparisons is they all do sound so similar as well as almost exactly like the original. That Verve one is almost verbatim idinnit? Very complicated piece of work there to replicate (compared to something like The Last Time).

It would seem that they all did the copying while knowing full well what they were doing, which was essentially stealing to idea.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1367
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home