Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
THE ROLLING STONES BY "MR.REALITY"
Posted by: MARSBAR ()
Date: January 14, 2010 18:17

OK people..here we go..I am 61 yrs old,new to this board..knew about it..just started reading your posts etc.I was at ROCK AND ROLL CIRCUS,was at HYDE PARK ...met Brians mum,nearly went to Jaggers wedding to Bianca etc,etc,only because i was in the right place at the right time..I am telling you all this just to show i have been around kinda thing.I have and still will always love the STONES...BUT!!!I hope to God they give it up now and call it a day first of all,now my opinions on your subjects i have been reading,as someone who was around London and went to a hell of a lot of concerts by every friggin band in those days and saw and heard a lot.I have played in bands and roadied,I knew roadies in London etc....Mick Taylor could and can still play better than Keith or Woods with one arm behind his back...Ronnie Woods was just the thing keith wanted after taylor,a smoking,drinking,joking whipping boy to keith..SO HE WAS IN!!!!Mick showed his COLOURS perfectly just like us old guys knew he would when he accepted his knighthood..he showed what we all knew that hes an arrogant bloody peacock who mixed with the gentry in the late 60/70s,one minute a STREET FIGHTIN MAN then go off stage and mix with the very people he was slagging...but we all loved him and still do..I just know reality:>)On YA YAS Jagger says Charlies good tonight isnt he!!!THATS because Charlie was thoroughly enjoying himself playing the same songs as usuall but with TAYLORS fabulous playing...believe me as a drummer myself who still jams a lot...when someone joins in who can really play well,be it guitar or whatever it lifts you.Mick & keith are the ROLLING STONES as you all say...but!!!CONTROL is the key word here,Darryl is just a session man.....great musician..but thats all they wanted......keep the spotlight on us!!!!Chuck ,bores me,always has,thinks hes the star kinda thing,back up singers are always a good thing,especially as you get older and the voice struggles.,Charlie is a hell of a good drummer,not technical just damn reliable,and a GLUE to the band personality wise.Yaylor is a mess now due to booze,and being down near the bottom,getting older doesnt help..I know:>)Its hard to put in writing all i would like to say,Im better face to face talking STONES...Fans who keep saying Ive been to 5000 concerts and have everything they have ever done BORE the hell outa me,Tribute bands I HATE!!(Its easy copying ),I admire you more doing your own thing even if its crap:>)Mind you age does help at times...Wyman is getting it right I would say,Mind you I went to STICKY FINGERS restaurant while in London on vacation and it was a big dissapointment a glorified hamburger joint with a few corny photos on the walls.I wouldnt go and see the STONES nowdays and certainly not in 2012 on stage if you gave me front row seats etc,its bloody embaressing!!!the thought makes me cringe....Mick and keith prancing around to SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL(My fav by the way)at nearly 70 is pitiful.I realise one doesnt want to stop etc,etc,etc, its a very hard decision for anyone to make..but PLEASE stop boys...just guest and do studio work.and Charlie you owe me interest on the two shilling I lent you at BBC studios in R&R Circus,with interest thats about $6000...thumbs upsmileys with beer.Remember this is just MY opinion on the band,it will always be MICK<KEITH<CHARLIE<BILL<BRIAN reallysmoking smileyMan!!!those were the days,long hair,really excited,get on the train and head to London to see our GODS!!!!Jagger,Plant,Hendrix etc,etc.

Re: THE ROLLING STONES BY "MR.REALITY"
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 14, 2010 18:21

i agree - sticky fingers is a ripoff....but go over to soho and visit ronnnie scott's for some fun if you're in london....

Date: January 14, 2010 18:25

Went there and chatted up some woman..ummm Blinded i think her name wassmileys with beerMy buddy was sound engineer there for years!!!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 14, 2010 18:27

why did you wait so long to post? thanks

the big question --whats your opinion on whether Jagger would take a band on tour and call it the Rolling Stones, that didn't include either Charlie or Keith..?

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 14, 2010 18:37

Im better face to face talking STONES

Where are you living in France, I've got some free time ....grinning smiley

went to STICKY FINGERS restaurant while in London on vacation and it was a big dissapointment
Sorry to say ,I don't want to sound offensive ,but most people (specially when they are Stones fans ) KNOW how the hamburgers are expensive & not so good over there ...

it will always be MICK<KEITH<CHARLIE<BILL<BRIAN

Yeah ,may be ,but a lot of us weren't THAT lucky (as you were ,indeed ) to see the boys on stage in the early days.
The Stones for me are MICK/KEITH/ BILL/CHARLIE /MICK T. & WOOD .

whiskey,you've seen the Stones at their early days ,it would be interesting to hear what you think about marsbars post .(I already know the answer smiling smiley )

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: January 14, 2010 18:38

He wouldnt.........thats like a Ferrari body with a Ford enginegrinning smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 14, 2010 18:45

good post welcome to iorr !

Date: January 14, 2010 18:55

I didnt mean the hamburgers..I meant the venuespinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I live in Canada...a bit far from you(From UK originally)
OLD GREY WHISTLE TEST!!!!!great showsmileys with beer

Date: January 14, 2010 18:59

Some pearls of wisdom! But the Stones will go on touring until one of them drops dead on the stage. That's a KEEF quote from the 05 Press Conference in NYC when a reporter asked him if ABB was the last tour. So I believe the Stones will go on touring until one of the original members, dare I say it, dies. And a sad day that will be for us.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 14, 2010 19:05

Interesting username.

Where 'ya been, MARSBAR ?

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 14, 2010 19:06

MARSBAR
I didnt mean the hamburgers..I meant the venuespinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I live in Canada...a bit far from you(From UK originally)
OLD GREY WHISTLE TEST!!!!!great showsmileys with beer

Well ,since I am not a native English speaker as you've already noticed,I thought "hamburger joint " was a familiar word for fast food .

See , it's the same with "OLD GREY WHISTLE TEST!!!!!great show"
I call it an interview ...smoking smiley

My dear American buddies on IORR , am I mistaken ?

if you're a newbie ,MARSBARS , then welcome on IORR smileys with beer

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: January 14, 2010 19:15

Edith Grove
Interesting username.

Where 'ya been, MARSBAR ?
On ROUTE 66 with CAROL and of course SWEET VIRGINIAcool smiley

Date: January 14, 2010 19:31

MARSBAR, did you see the Stones in their earliest days? thanks

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: January 14, 2010 19:51

Your Stones resume is indeed impressive. More stories please!

Date: January 14, 2010 19:52

duke richardson

yes - and MB - where we you on the night of April 23, 1963??

Date: January 14, 2010 19:56

duke richardson
Yes..a few times,memory is the thing tho,just remember certain bits nowdays,one show I remember "SNOW" falling on stage I guess it musta been christmas time,not sure wher tho,Lyceum or somewhere..i went to see bands so many places and so many bands back then one cant remember most of it,I lived not far from a city called BATH ,and we went there every Monday to the city hall and saw lots of bands who were just getting known etc(the Who,Led Zepplin etc)A fave venue of mine which is still going in London was THE ROUNDHOUSE"saw THE PRETTY THINGS" perform SF SORROW album (like TOMMY) kind of thing,I still have and love the LP,another fav band i saw who didnt last long was COLLISEUM with the great John Hiseman on drums:>)

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: January 14, 2010 19:59

I think MARSBAR is full of crap .

Date: January 14, 2010 20:07

boston2006
I think MARSBAR is full of crap .

and who among us isn't?

Date: January 14, 2010 20:09

Just feel that his "history " with the Stones is bogus .

Date: January 14, 2010 20:13

boston2006

it's probably got more cred than keef's

Date: January 14, 2010 20:14

Maybe but it's just my opinion .

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: January 14, 2010 20:15

SwayStones:

Well ,since I am not a native English speaker as you've already noticed, I thought "hamburger joint " was a familiar word for fast food .

See , it's the same with "OLD GREY WHISTLE TEST!!!!! great show"
I call it an interview ...

My dear American buddies on IORR , am I mistaken ?

You are correct.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: January 14, 2010 20:18

Mars? Is that you? I know, stupid question. Glad to see you're still alive, I missed you! winking smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 14, 2010 20:22

21 posts in less than 2 days. I guess MB has a lot to say.But I could seriously do without the all caps user name.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: January 14, 2010 20:22

I'm curious about Charlie borrowing a little cash from you..wonder what he needed it for? that Charlie...

Date: January 14, 2010 20:48

FolkyFireKitten1
Mars? Is that you? I know, stupid question. Glad to see you're still alive, I missed you! winking smiley

no, the rscom mars is dead - this is the old and improved one....

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 14, 2010 20:49

LOL Marsie, what a surprise to see you here.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: January 14, 2010 20:57

T&A
no, the rscom mars is dead - this is the old and improved one....

LOL Why am I not surprised?...

Date: January 14, 2010 21:16

boston2006
Grow up will you!why would it be bogus?I am not trying to prove anything,I dont have to.

Date: January 14, 2010 21:19

FolkyFireKitten1
Yes its mesmoking smileywhere did we meet?

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1605
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home