Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: The latest rumour about this years possible tour.
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 4, 2010 18:04

oldschool
melillo
too many egos with clapton, it would never work

If you had said this about Jeff Beck joining the band I would agree but Sir Eric would fit in just fine

the ego issue wouldn't be EC's - it would be KR's...

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 4, 2010 18:05

DandelionPowderman
oldschool
DandelionPowderman
IMO, Clapton hasn´t been an interesting guitar player since the 70s. Of course, they´ll never bring him in...

He is still a great guitar player who can play with the best of them when he want to turn it on but he prefers to stay in the background for the most part these days........

In any case what does that have to do with his ability to play with the current Stones?

If they should decide to bring in a new guitar player, it would have been crucial to me if it was an interesting guitar player. Clapton can play rounds around most of the current guitar players out there, yes. But he lacks soul, signature and an interesting style, imo.

Just my two cents.

two other cents: EC's about the most soulful guitarist i've ever heard and his signature is as pronounced as anyone's...

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: January 4, 2010 18:13

Clapton and the Stones - bring it on - Now that would be great!!!

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: January 4, 2010 18:36

Doesn't Tiger Woods play? Now THAT would sell some tickets!

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: January 4, 2010 18:51

Eric Clapton joining the Stones would be too retro and not really fitting either. Kind of like Dave Mason joining Fleetwood Mac, which he really did at one point in the 90s.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: January 4, 2010 18:55

Too retro - I'm 50 - I love retro! You think the Stones are cutting edge?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:04

Rolling Stones will NOT tour this year (so no nice little earner for Ronnie Wood, then)
By Ben Todd

The Rolling Stones tonight announced they had no plans to tour this year.
The superstars took the extremely rare step of issuing an official statement after intense speculation in the music business they were planning another global jaunt, which had been pencilled in to be announced in April.
The statement read: ‘Following recent UK media speculation, The Rolling Stones would like to make it clear, there are no plans at the moment for the band to tour in 2010.’

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:10

erikjjf
Rolling Stones will NOT tour this year (so no nice little earner for Ronnie Wood, then)
By Ben Todd

The Rolling Stones tonight announced they had no plans to tour this year.
The superstars took the extremely rare step of issuing an official statement after intense speculation in the music business they were planning another global jaunt, which had been pencilled in to be announced in April.
The statement read: ‘Following recent UK media speculation, The Rolling Stones would like to make it clear, there are no plans at the moment for the band to tour in 2010.’

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Doh!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:13

Quite a surprise!

If this new turn - or: one could say, the first real turn - it is intersting what has happened behind the curtains. Is the tour 'cancelled' due to Ronnie (or someone else/some other reason) or was there a tour at all planned in thd first place?

- Doxa

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:25

A tour was certainly planned, Doxa.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:27

I googled around a bit, and the daily Mail is as of right now the only ones carrying these news?. I agree with Gazza, a tour most certainly was planned, as there was indications coming from different usually reliable sources.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-05 00:28 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:35

Yeah, Gazza and Mickjaggeroo, I agree with you guys - there most defintively were bits of information coming from different sources.

Should we perhaps shift the discussion into the thread that is concentrated solely to official announcement? I think it is a worth of its own thread, or what do you think?

To this one I mean: [www.iorr.org]

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-05 00:36 by Doxa.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:36

No problem. Let´s end this thread now.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:36

T&A
DandelionPowderman
oldschool
DandelionPowderman
IMO, Clapton hasn´t been an interesting guitar player since the 70s. Of course, they´ll never bring him in...

He is still a great guitar player who can play with the best of them when he want to turn it on but he prefers to stay in the background for the most part these days........

In any case what does that have to do with his ability to play with the current Stones?

If they should decide to bring in a new guitar player, it would have been crucial to me if it was an interesting guitar player. Clapton can play rounds around most of the current guitar players out there, yes. But he lacks soul, signature and an interesting style, imo.

Just my two cents.

two other cents: EC's about the most soulful guitarist i've ever heard and his signature is as pronounced as anyone's...

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up 100% agree T&A

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:44

DandelionPowderman
oldschool
DandelionPowderman

Just my two cents.

"lacks soul signature and interesting style" sounds impressive when said,,,
but tells me nothing Baard smiling smiley
I have seen dvd with EC and other famous guitarmen at a guitarfestival in america where he shines like a gold among silver. he is very dedicated live player
i think, have seen him twice, in my opininion it would be very interesting to see him with the stones, ... shoot me smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1993
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home