Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Mick and Ronnie to discuss Stones tour
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 30, 2009 14:56

JAGGER AND WOOD TO DISCUSS STONES TOUR IN NEW YEAR

SIR MICK JAGGER is to meet up with ROLLING STONES bandmate RONNIE WOOD in the New Year (10) to discuss whether the guitarist is well enough to rejoin the group for a tour, according to reports.
Wood, who is said to be battling an alcohol addiction, has endured a difficult year which saw him divorce his wife Jo last month (Nov09) after his affair with young Russian waitress Ekaterina Ivanova was exposed in the press.
He has since split from Ivanova after he was arrested earlier this month (02Dec09) for allegedly choking her during a heated argument outside a restaurant in Surrey, England.
Jagger is worried about his pal and plans to hold talks with Wood in January (10) over concerns he may not be able to embark on a planned Stones tour if he continues to drink heavily, according to Britain's Daily Express.
A source tells the newspaper, "Mick and Ronnie will talk things through in the New Year. They are old friends and Mick will obviously do everything he can to help him. But when it comes to the Stones, Mick has a real eye for detail and always ensures things run like clockwork. He'll need to be convinced that Ronnie is still up to the job. Hopefully everything will work out, as it would break Ronnie's heart if the Stones had to perform without him."
A representative for Jagger says, "Mick has been very supportive of Ronnie over the holidays."

30 December 2009 08:06

[www.contactmusic.com]

Re: Mick and Ronnie to discuss Stones tour
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 30, 2009 15:07

I usually don't trust CM that much but the new was relieved by some other sites from UK.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-30 17:52 by SwayStones.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: December 30, 2009 15:07

Awaiting the outcome of that meeting then, and thanks georgelicks for the link.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 30, 2009 15:14

Mick better do the right thing in regard to rocking ronnie wood !

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 30, 2009 15:19

Here's the original article from todays Daily Express

[www.dailyexpress.co.uk]

Date: December 30, 2009 15:20

The Greek

Mick??

RONNIE needs to do the right thing. No one else.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 30, 2009 15:31

The meeting has just taken place. Here's how it went:

MJ: Ronnie, Are you healthy enough to tour?
RW: Yes.
MJ: Ronnie, I INSIST that you tell me the truth! Are you healthy enough to tour?
MJ: Okay then. That settles it.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: December 30, 2009 15:43

tatters
The meeting has just taken place. Here's how it went:

MJ: Ronnie, Are you healthy enough to tour?
MJ: Ronnie, I INSIST that you tell me the truth! Are you healthy enough to tour?
MJ: Okay then. That settles it.
then they have a few drinks to toast the new yr

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: December 30, 2009 15:50

Cheers!

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: December 30, 2009 15:52

I really hope that Ronnie will fix this and go touring..

One question, correct me if im wrong, but in that newspaper it sais that mick is 66, isnt he born in 1944? (65 yrs) ?? im confused! haha

Date: December 30, 2009 15:54

Mick was born on 26 July 1943 - so he's 66.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: December 30, 2009 16:05

Gazza
The Greek

Mick??

1000% correct!

It always amazes me how things get romantisized here all the time. Its all in Ronnies hand, not in Micks. If anything, the loyality Mick shows again and again towards Ronnie is absolutely remarkable and this fact obviously does not fit in the picture some people here have of Mick.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 30, 2009 16:09

I always hate it when I read "A source tells the newspaper"

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 30, 2009 16:13

Shades of "Bang."

Ronnie meets with Mick, they discuss Ronnie's problems, the tour happens.

Hope it goes the same way this time.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: December 30, 2009 16:53

I got a Christmas card from Ronnie, so at least he's taking care of the "Christmasy" things...
Anyway - I hope he gets his act together - and that someone's there for him. Someone who loves him and supports him, is financially independent of him and only wants his best. We all want to see Ronnie well and healthy - and on tour with his band. The band that actually stayed together during the difficult parts of the late 80's much thanks to Ronnie's sweet diplomacy.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 30, 2009 16:58

Addicted
I got a Christmas card from Ronnie, so at least he's taking care of the "Christmasy" things...
Anyway - I hope he gets his act together - and that someone's there for him. Someone who loves him and supports him, is financially independent of him and only wants his best. We all want to see Ronnie well and healthy - and on tour with his band. The band that actually stayed together during the difficult parts of the late 80's much thanks to Ronnie's sweet diplomacy.

<<< The band that actually stayed together during the difficult parts of the late 80's much thanks to Ronnie's sweet diplomacy >>>

True, I guess they do owe him significant thanks for that. Hopefully the support that he needs at the moment he duly gets, regardless of what quarter it comes from and what form it comes in. If a large chunk of it is from Mick, well good on Mick. Ten outa ten for being there for a friend, albeit that there's a business element obviously connected with his concern for his friend.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: December 30, 2009 17:09

paulywaul
Addicted

<<< The band that actually stayed together during the difficult parts of the late 80's much thanks to Ronnie's sweet diplomacy >>>

True, I guess they do owe him significant thanks for that. Hopefully the support that he needs at the moment he duly gets, regardless of what quarter it comes from and what form it comes in. If a large chunk of it is from Mick, well good on Mick. Ten outa ten for being there for a friend, albeit that there's a business element obviously connected with his concern for his friend.

Hi paulywaul!
Of course there's a business element to this, too, But for the band members, Ronnie's more than "just a business companion". He's a dear friend, they love him like a brother, they know they have a lot to thank him for and they really apreciate his musical skills, his good mood, wonderful laughs and - his just being Ronnie. It's good to know Mick's there to support him. He's actually a much sweeter person than people think. He has a very strong paternal instinct - not only for his children. A very caring person, and he should get credit for being there.
Thanks Mick!

Date: December 30, 2009 17:14

Addicted
paulywaul
Addicted

Hi paulywaul!
Of course there's a business element to this, too, But for the band members, Ronnie's more than "just a business companion". He's a dear friend, they love him like a brother, they know they have a lot to thank him for and they really apreciate his musical skills, his good mood, wonderful laughs and - his just being Ronnie. It's good to know Mick's there to support him. He's actually a much sweeter person than people think. He has a very strong paternal instinct - not only for his children. A very caring person, and he should get credit for being there.
Thanks Mick!

Absolutely true, in this case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-30 17:14 by Gazza.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 30, 2009 17:24

Gazza
The Greek

Mick??

Gazza, lets be real we are talking about the stones .you know there track record .i am not pointing fingers but, the cat does not change his stripes on his body.incredibile to me that ronnie's in such a pickle (no pun intended)he can still play with the best of them .what shape would the stones have been in if there was no ronnie on the second leg of the bang tour in 2006 .what are we gonna have pierre on lead or blondie on lead .just does not work one is a tech the other is a fine musican in his own right ,he just does not have the right pedigree for the job .ya know i am right . i get a kick out of other peoples comments that ronnie should be replaced by nils lofgren or jack white or eric clapton (who i think is the best).these are the bad boys of rock and roll its a little late in the game for change to come .

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: December 30, 2009 18:08

In the end - if it is possible - they will stay to and with Ronnie!

I'm the last one normally to condemn people who are in trouble.

But to be honest I'm a bit ambivalent at the moment as a great new guitarplayer would be a much needed kick for their stage act and music. I mean apart from the huge fans many are kinda bored with the Stones' last tours.

Of course it's very late for such changes but if they don't want to be only an oldies-band on a big new tour they better have to deliver the best they can.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 30, 2009 18:11

Well, I am sure Ronnie will say everything is great, they will tour, and all you Ronnie Wood folks will be happy.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 30, 2009 18:45

It is all down to Ronnie. He is the one who needs to get it together. No one will be doing him any favors by molly-coddling him. Maybe being told he can't tour with the band would be the slap in the face he needs. I mean, would you rather see him tour or dead?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 30, 2009 18:53

Not again a discussion about Ronnie please

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 30, 2009 18:56

Sorry Harm, but it is a Stones board and with the Stones not doing anything that we know of tongues will wag for want of any solid information...

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: December 30, 2009 18:58

I wish Ronnie the best, but, sorry, I dont want to see him with the Stones onstage anymore. It's enough to have one sloppy guitarplayer in a band. Someone, who doesn't know, where the verse comes, etc. Someone, who doesnt play, just poses during the show. For this role, there is Keith, and he is perfect in this. But then they need another one, who really plays. Not only a few usually fXcked up solos, but the rythm guitar parts too, strong, consistent, knowing, what to do through the whole show.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 30, 2009 19:03

Harm

smileys with beer
Wait and see .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 30, 2009 19:06

Harm

Yes, this is a Rolling Stones Board, so let's talk about someone else, please! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out (sorry, just couln't help it)

Anyway, it is true that it is copmpletely up to Ronnie. He has had a bad year, but this band and its members went through many things much worse than this. I am personally not affraid at all that Ronnie would be left behind. It is a well known fact that he operates best when he is on tour, so I am sure things will just get better when the preparations start. Just my personal feeling. I wish him the best and I am looking forward to seeing him the next year.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: December 30, 2009 19:10

gaigai
I wish Ronnie the best, but, sorry, I dont want to see him with the Stones onstage anymore. It's enough to have one sloppy guitarplayer in a band. Someone, who doesn't know, where the verse comes, etc. Someone, who doesnt play, just poses during the show. For this role, there is Keith, and he is perfect in this. But then they need another one, who really plays. Not only a few usually fXcked up solos, but the rythm guitar parts too, strong, consistent, knowing, what to do through the whole show.

Very much like Ronnie did on the last tour, then... Well, he can do it again.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Date: December 30, 2009 19:13

The Greek
Gazza
The Greek

Mick??

Gazza, lets be real we are talking about the stones .you know there track record .i am not pointing fingers but, the cat does not change his stripes on his body.incredibile to me that ronnie's in such a pickle (no pun intended)he can still play with the best of them .what shape would the stones have been in if there was no ronnie on the second leg of the bang tour in 2006 .what are we gonna have pierre on lead or blondie on lead .just does not work one is a tech the other is a fine musican in his own right ,he just does not have the right pedigree for the job .ya know i am right . i get a kick out of other peoples comments that ronnie should be replaced by nils lofgren or jack white or eric clapton (who i think is the best).these are the bad boys of rock and roll its a little late in the game for change to come .

You're missing the point entirely. Why is it up to MICK to 'do the right thing' ? Whatever THAT is.

If Ronnie isnt in any physical condition to tour with the Stones, then even if Mick Jagger wants him to be there, its not going to happen. If the guy is too ill or is uninsureable, then the band wont be in a position to make a decision based on sentiment. Why is that so hard for some people to grasp?

Its up to Ronnie - no one else - to be in a fit state where he's ABLE to tour. If he is, then there's nothing to discuss. Lets hope it isnt going to be an issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-30 19:14 by Gazza.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: December 30, 2009 19:16

Is is this a Rolling Stones assessment meeting with Mick acting as HR vice president?

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1419
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home