Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger by Andy Warhol
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: November 16, 2009 17:12

Re: Mick Jagger by Andy Warhol
Date: November 16, 2009 17:14

Recently, in a public library, I came across an arts volume with the full series of Andy warhol's Mick pictures. Beautiful stuff, I must say. And I ever liked these pictures so much from when I got to see them first. Fine pieces of art.

Were these pictures done together with the art cover for Love you Live?

Unfortunately I cannot find the full range of these pieces on the internet.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-16 17:18 by dead.flowers.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 16, 2009 18:09

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Rubino ()
Date: November 16, 2009 18:30

SwayStones

I had seen before all the paintings one by one not all together.
There is a book about them?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 16, 2009 18:36

Date: November 16, 2009 18:47

dead.flowers
.Were these pictures done together with the art cover for Love you Live?

[www.warholprints.com]

BTW ,do you know this great site ?

[garyrocks.wordpress.com]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: RockinBud ()
Date: November 16, 2009 19:39

Please allow me to Introduce myself, I am a man of taste but not wealth...
I was walking in Greenwich village circa 1971-72ish and I see the Warhol Jagger print in a frame/print shop on 6th ave..back then I was lucky if I had $5 in my pocket...the price then as I recal $2250..wished I coulda, woulda shoulda..
flash forward late 1980's ..see same/similar in SoHo gallery for $25000...flash forward early 2000ish same/similar $55000...last seen $67000...
The prints for Love You Live are different..and later
I on the spot for $2600 remembering my earlier experience...RW is No Warhol but a Rolling Stone, ya never know
btw, I read Warren Haynes has 2 Warhol/Jaggers
RockinBud
www.myspace.com/rockiinbuds

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 16, 2009 19:46

RockinBud
back then I was lucky if I had $5 in my pocket...the price then as I recal $2250..wished I coulda, woulda shoulda..

In 1979, my first apartment in NYC after college was near 7th Street and Avenue A and was $275 per month...

Keith Haring "graffiti" was appearing in the subways... woulda could shoulda gone out with scrapers and solvents and mailing tubes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-16 19:48 by schillid.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 16, 2009 20:45

I wish he'd done those Jagger pics in 1972. Jagger was looking sick in 1975, all stringy hair & cocaine eyes. Not attractive by any means. & certainly not what I think of as art.

Posted by: peter ()
Date: November 17, 2009 04:57

I was in Wakiki in 1977 attending the very first GAVIN REPORT convention..I walked by a gallery who had several Jagger/Warhol prints displayed in the window for $1200 each....should have borrowed $$ to buy at least one of them...in 1981 I attended a wedding at the home of the late Bill Graham in Marin...Bill had 3 of them hanging in the living room...one could retire if you happen to own 3 of these now....peter

Date: November 17, 2009 11:34

I had seen before all the paintings one by one not all together. There is a book about them?

Yes, I had it in my hands and looked it through, however, don't remember the author nor the publisher. I believe it was a series of 96 prints altogether that Warhol sold assembled in a kind of big folder.

And, in Hamburg around 1981 there was one of these prints for sale at my poster gallery for some 2,200 Marks. Now I know I should have put up the money and buy it then.

Nevermind, art or no art, there's no accounting for taste and I like them.

And thank you for the links, Ms Sway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-17 11:36 by dead.flowers.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: November 17, 2009 14:04

If anyone's in London, you can see one of the these prints in the Pop Life exhibition at the Tate Modern. Definitely worth a visit.

Posted by: Rubino ()
Date: November 17, 2009 16:20

dead.flowers
I had seen before all the paintings one by one not all together. There is a book about them?

Yes, I had it in my hands and looked it through, however, don't remember the author nor the publisher. I believe it was a series of 96 prints altogether that Warhol sold assembled in a kind of big folder.

And, in Hamburg around 1981 there was one of these prints for sale at my poster gallery for some 2,200 Marks. Now I know I should have put up the money and buy it then.

Nevermind, art or no art, there's no accounting for taste and I like them.

And thank you for the links, Ms Sway.
2,200 Marks of those years? A lot. But I aint a man, and not a woman of wealth but taste, yes. I like them.
Thanks for the info.

Date: November 17, 2009 16:28

daed.flowers , I haven't heard about a book with 96 prints ,sorry not to be able to help you.
I know that Warhol had taken a lot of polaroids from Jagger's face ,but I know only the most famous ones he choosed for his "paintings work "

Date: November 17, 2009 16:50

Hi Sway yeah thanks I've seen these polaroids in google. Apparently Warhol based his work on these. The book I can't tell you more than I've already said: I've had it in my hands in a library. Take care.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1708
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home