Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bootlegs : Vinyl Rip Vs CD's
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 8, 2009 11:09

Hi

Since a few month,PEPIN brought to us some incredible gems
from extremely hard to find now ,first generation of vinyl bootlegs.
You could see all his uploads on "Hot Stuff"
I'm amazed, how they are still awesome.
To me the sound is better that all what I've heard from DAC, VGP, Sister Morphine and so on...
You could disagree with me, I'm Ok, it's just my opinion.
Why the sound is better?
Just because it doesn't sound metallic, that's the main trouble with the CD's which like most of you , I could thought it will be an upgrade.
Why did i sell my LP's collection of Bootlegs 15 year's ago against CD'seye rolling smiley
You still don't believe me?
Listen to Paris June 7th, 1976 uploaded by PEPIN !!!winking smiley

HMN

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-08 11:22 by Honestman.

Re: Bootlegs : Vinyl Rip Vs CD's
Posted by: Brown Moses ()
Date: November 8, 2009 11:18

There is a torrent of a vinyl rip of Bedspring Symphony which I d/l from dime (I think),the other day and the mix plus *warmth* of the sound is better than the cd versions of the same material imo.The only small criticism is that if you listen on headphones there is quite alot of audible source crackle (from the vinyl).

Date: November 8, 2009 11:20

Brown Moses
...The only small criticism is that if you listen on headphones there is quite alot of audible source crackle (from the vinyl).

Agree but vinyls have much more power!!!

HMN

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-08 11:39 by Honestman.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: November 8, 2009 11:21

hyde park 69

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 8, 2009 11:30

"vinyls have much [more?] power"
t'as raison Neil Young has been saying it for 25 years

Date: November 8, 2009 11:30

Date: November 8, 2009 11:33

dcba
"vinyls have much [more?] power"
t'as raison Neil Young has been saying it for 25 years

Yes!
ça m'empêche pas d'avoir les CD's, mais quand tu vois le massacre pour certains,
il serait peut-être temps que de vrais bons mixeurs, remasterisent ces Vinylswinking smiley

HMN

Date: November 8, 2009 11:33

vancouver
[www10.atwiki.jp]

Yeahh Vancouver, i know this site, very coolthumbs up

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-08 11:34 by Honestman.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: November 8, 2009 11:41

Honestman
Hi

Since a few month,PEPIN brought to us some incredible gems
from extremely hard to find now ,first generation of vinyl bootlegs.
You could see all his uploads on "Hot Stuff"
I'm amazed, how they are still awesome.
To me the sound is better that all what I've heard from DAC, VGP, Sister Morphine and so on...
You could disagree with me, I'm Ok, it's just my opinion.
Why the sound is better?
Just because it doesn't sound metallic, that's the main trouble with the CD's which like most of you , I could thought it will be an upgrade.
Why did i sell my LP's collection of Bootlegs 15 year's ago against CD'seye rolling smiley
You still don't believe me?
Listen to Paris June 7th, 1976 uploaded by PEPIN !!!winking smiley

Are you sure what you're talking about?winking smiley

You write, that vinyl sounds better than CD and we shall listen to Paris 76 uploaded by Pepin, but that is NOT the vinyl but a digital recording (or a CD) made from the vinyl. So, you contradict yourself! It is nonsense claiming that an LP sounds better than a CD, it simply depends on the source.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-09 09:34 by midnrambler.

Date: November 8, 2009 11:57

@midnrambler

Are you sure what you're talking about?winking smiley

No ,i know you're better than me>grinning smiley<winking smiley

You write, that vinyl sounds better than CD and we shall listen to Paris 76 uploaded by Pepin, but that is NOT the vinyl but a digital recording (or a CD) made from the vinyl. So, you contradict yourself! It is nonsense claiming that an LP sounds better than a CD, it simply depends on the source.

I owned in the past years some vinyls Lp's.
I m' not tryin' to tell that there's not some very good CD's, i'm just try to tell
that some vinyls sounds better that some CD's.
If you could tell us that you know all the sources of the CD, Congratulationssmileys with beer and by the way, it seems that in other threads, you don't like too much some of the CD's uploaded by the others, , you always have a better thing that you have listened to, you should be right, i've never seen you so often say thanks for an upload, only your's are the best, once again congratulations

And BTW, that Paris Par Excellence LP has really no great recording quality. It sounds dull and muffled and I already hated it when I had the vinyl album 20 years ago and always preferred the much better From San Francisco To Paris 2LP set.

That's your right winking smiley

HMN

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-08 12:46 by Honestman.

Date: November 8, 2009 11:58

vancouver
hyde park 69

the audience recordings only

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: November 8, 2009 15:42

I have over 100 bootleg LPs from the Stones (years 1968-1975). If I ever get my a$$ in gear I'll learn to rip them all and post them up here.

Sigh. I am so computer illiterate.

eye rolling smiley

Date: November 8, 2009 16:38

nice nice...thanks

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: November 8, 2009 19:04

i agree that it depends on the source, there are cases of a better quality master showing up in the digital age than there was during the era of vinyl

Posted by: pepin ()
Date: November 14, 2009 09:15

Sorry ...By translator!

I agree with HMan..
Especially when he speaks about me!.
Otherwise more seriously I believe that VG and now DAC was made many $ on the back of the collectors in stonesland!
It is just for shared that I have ripped some lp on CD, and everybody can make him(it).. I arrived well there!!
That somes versions or the other one is better I do not dispute it.. I have not keep all in Lp .But listening a bootleg with headphone???
By definition a boot is always less good than an official.. Only by the pressing made quickly...
Who is gené by the crackles on the transfer of 78t of Robert JOHNSON? Not me..
I see with pleasure that many of the vinyl rips appeared this week..
RECORD MADE YOURSELF FOR FUN
copyright records read: Copy's Right!

Honestman THANK YOU for your blog!! I considered to be the only one has must to have stolen in the waiting room of my dentist the numero of the french express journal in 76...
dont be in the way to talk again of me... I like it!

Date: November 14, 2009 09:53

pepin
... the numero of the french express journal in 76...
dont be in the way to talk again of me... I like it!

BTW I still miss itwinking smiley

et ne t'inquiètes pas, je ne t'obligerai plus à parler anglais.
Je me marre mais le mien n'est pas mieux que le tien>grinning smiley<

HMN

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 15, 2009 00:21

Salut pepin ,
Honestman has mentioned your username and he told me how great you are..It's been several weeks/months since I (didn't go )went on the "Sell /Trade " part of IORR
Honestman m'a dit combien tu étais généreux et doué dès lors qu'il s'agissait de partager ...Merci !!!

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: November 15, 2009 11:57

SwayStones
Salut pepin ,
Honestman has mentioned your username and he told me how great you are..It's been several weeks/months since I (didn't go )went on the "Sell /Trade " part of IORR
Honestman m'a dit combien tu étais généreux et doué dès lors qu'il s'agissait de partager ...Merci !!!

Putain.....encore!!!!
MORE....

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: November 15, 2009 14:02

I am not sure about bootleg Rolling Stones LPs as compared to CDs but I do know that many bootleg Led Zeppelin CDs are, in fact, copied from 1970s bootleg LPs. You can often hear the audible LP "crackles" on the CDs. I believe the same may be true of many Stones bootleg CDs on the market.

This is one reason I prefer to buy LP shows over CDs. It feels like I am getting the "original" product. I am sure that a lot of you, like me, have purchased bootleg CDs in the past, only to find that the CDs were simply hastily-burned CD-Rs of an LP. When I buy a bootleg LP, I feel I am geting something more than a computer-burned CD-R (usually a less-quality blank CD-R) with some color printer inserts whipped out in somebody's basement.

sad smiley

Anyway, that's just my experience & opinion. Maybe you all have had different experiences? As far as whether vinyl sounds warmer/better than CDs is a debate that has been going on since CDs hit the marketplace. Like the tube vs. transistor debate.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Date: November 15, 2009 15:28

I agree misterfrias
my first boot cd it was a very very bad copy of pipe dreams of Hendrix...
in very very expensive price
"Simple in my head" i'll hope it was a new tapes..
and NO...

But the essential difference here: its offert for all!

The differnce on quality music cd/vinyl.. how listening the difference between a
pressing from LA, Tokyo & savigny/orge ?
All music have a same dinamic
amitiés

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2078
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home