Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Speculation on Ladies and Gentlemen "YouTube and promotone" deleted all my L & G videos
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: November 7, 2009 11:17

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-15 22:16 by UrbanSteel.

Re: Speculation on Ladies and Gentlemen "YouTube and promotone" deleted all my L & G videos
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 7, 2009 11:24

congratulations on joining the ranks of the nobly de-youtubed - you're in excellent company
have some popcorn ... it's like their music - it's here, and then ... :E

Re: Speculation on Ladies and Gentlemen "YouTube and promotone" deleted all my L & G videos
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 7, 2009 11:26

Hey Urban and all:

Are the deletions selective in nature? What exactly is the Youtube policy?

Date: November 7, 2009 11:33

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-15 22:14 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 7, 2009 12:04

Thanks Urban - seems to be a policy inconsistency.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: November 7, 2009 12:18

There are still quite a few L+G videos still on there but maybe not as clearly marked as yours.Will be interesting to see if they go over the next few days.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 7, 2009 12:30

Let's hope that this actually means that there will be an official - remastered, cleaned - release coming - otherwise you're great work at keeping the greatest rock and roll footage ever available to any soul around the globe will not be ruined for nothing.

- Doxa

Date: November 7, 2009 12:35

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-15 22:15 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: November 7, 2009 12:41

Yes, some L-G videos still exist... It`s sad they delete yours! this videos are not real concourrents for big large cleaned and what else oficial,they make different feeling and are wanted in different moments... I`d like to see both))

Date: November 7, 2009 13:14

kater-v
this videos are not real concourrents for big large cleaned and what else oficial,they make different feeling and are wanted in different moments...

I totally agree (if the hypothetical official version is much better qualitywise, the circulating bootleg versions doesn't really matter).

Anyway, I still would "forgive" the current action of Promotone - The Stones, that is - if they would actually put the official relaese out - and THAT being the reason for 'cleaning' the tube. But if they solely follow the policy of ABKCO of just keeping the market out of free stuff, and just preventing us to see the stuff in the first place, then I would just give them a middle finger statement.

-Doxa

Date: November 7, 2009 13:21

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-15 22:17 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: November 7, 2009 13:35

maybe they'll delete the rest later

Posted by: glimmertwin50 ()
Date: November 7, 2009 14:29

UrbanSteel,

Since Promotone is the company set up by The Stones and Prince Rupert in the early 70s, let's hope that they are finally officially releasing this film of the great 1972 US tour. Otherwise, the deletion of your YouTube files is pointless as this stuff (and more copyrighted material) is available all over the web.

Also, thank you for all of your DVD and CD posts - they are essential.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 7, 2009 14:40

glimmertwin50
UrbanSteel,

Since Promotone is the company set up by The Stones and Prince Rupert in the early 70s, let's hope that they are finally officially releasing this film of the great 1972 US tour. Otherwise, the deletion of your YouTube files is pointless as this stuff (and more copyrighted material) is available all over the web.

Also, thank you for all of your DVD and CD posts - they are essential.

I had the same feeling, if not I will blow up the Promoto building in Amsterdam

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 7, 2009 19:21

well maybe thats the reason for the delay, they have so much footage to go through so they want to get it right, could be a good thing!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 7, 2009 20:18

The releases that we've come to know(especially the 4Reels) are SO good that I hope the "official" will have some effort behind it. The sound and quality will be hard to beat w/o some real money put into the process. In other words I hope we just dont get another "R n R Circus" attempt!

Posted by: glimmertwin50 ()
Date: November 7, 2009 23:41

The 4Reels version is great but runs fast. The Jointrip version is at the correct speed (picture is slightly inferior to 4Reels).

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: November 7, 2009 23:50

My vision for what a cleaned up and remastered L&G would look like compared to the existing copies is like the Elvis rockumentary That's The Way It Is. Remastered and re-cut in 2000, the image and sound quality are incomparable.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 8, 2009 00:21

Just give them a new name and put 'em back up. If they're gonna fart around for eons, why bother.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 8, 2009 00:35

I would completely welcome an "official" version-I just hope they make it worth it! I mean the boots we have ARE pretty good(taken from a master theatrical print) but its still a 35 yr old print! Of course the two alt songs we got from diff shows recently are nice. It makes one wonder if ANYONE still has all the footage from all four shows shot! The Stones camp were known for not shelling out the xtra cash for the material they didnt need, thats what caused the rest of the 78 FW footage to fall apart. Arguments over payments.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 8, 2009 07:00

Put that Saitama Rambler back up under the different title, please. Every time someone says that the Stones "don't have it" anymore, I send them that link.

Date: November 8, 2009 11:19

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-15 22:13 by UrbanSteel.

Date: November 8, 2009 11:32

UrbanSteel
skipstone
Just give them a new name and put 'em back up. If they're gonna fart around for eons, why bother.

drbryant
Put that Saitama Rambler back up under the different title, please. Every time someone says that the Stones "don't have it" anymore, I send them that link.

They got me where they want , one more warning and YouTUbe gonna delete my account .

Yep, the situation is much worse than the guys above - with their good intent, no doubt - can imagine. I just checked your similar post in Rocks Off site, and there was responding this poster who got trouble with Ed Sullivan stuff, and ended up being delated 100% from youtube. So I recommend you to try to save the material you still have there (and that's a lot! What a loss THAT would be!!!) and forget the stuff you have lost now. Just keep up the good work!

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-08 11:34 by Doxa.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: November 8, 2009 13:44

Hopefully this classic concert is finally gonna be released and is that the reason of the delete at your You Tube account.
Or the Stones management is gonna take restictions to bootleg stuff and copyright.

I had once a upload on You Tube of an Van Morrisson Tribute where I went to. And after 2 days I got an email of Van's Management that they deleted the song of a copyright thing.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 8, 2009 13:49

Van Morrison is one of the biggest @#$%& when it comes to Youtube and copyrights. It wasn't even his performance -- it was a tribute, and he should be happy about it. F*ck him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1591
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home