Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ronnie's new album: I Feel Like Playing
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 17, 2009 11:39

The title of Ronnie Wood's new album is NOT "More Good News", but "I Feel Like Playing".
Cover art by Ronnie - of course.

I don't think this has been posted here before, but I could be wrong. In that case, please excuse me. (I did a search here, but got no result.)

The title is also a message to his band mates, Mick, Keith and Charlie.
There's been meetings in London recently. Last week, for instance. They're discussing and planning their 50th anniversary tour.

Re: Ronnie's new album: I Feel Like Playing
Date: September 17, 2009 11:55

thumbs up

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: September 17, 2009 12:30

This sounds good, when will it be released?

Date: September 17, 2009 13:04

Hi Addicted, where is the good news coming from?

Date: September 17, 2009 13:08

I was in London last week. Things were going on at the Claridges Hotel, and I also spoke with some people... Not willing to give you their names, though. That's just the way it is.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 17, 2009 14:23

Thanks for the info, Addicted!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 17, 2009 14:33

Addicted
The title of Ronnie Wood's new album is NOT "More Good News", but "I Feel Like Playing".
Cover art by Ronnie - of course.

I don't think this has been posted here before, but I could be wrong. In that case, please excuse me. (I did a search here, but got no result.)

The title is also a message to his band mates, Mick, Keith and Charlie.
There's been meetings in London recently. Last week, for instance. They're discussing and planning their 50th anniversary tour.

A bit early for that!!

Thanks for the info.

Maybe the title could be a message to Jo ... smiling smiley

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: September 17, 2009 14:36

Good source....The guys meet up in 2009 to prepare the 50s anniversary tour in 2012. Sounds like bullshit in my eyes!

Date: September 17, 2009 14:44

LOL! The will still be on the tour in 2012 when the tour starts in September 2010, hence the 50th anniversary tour...

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: September 17, 2009 14:53

Very likely there was a band meeting of some sorts I think. First there was some news from Keith recording with Jack White. Then we had Mick and Charlie together at the cricket match. Now we have the news from Addicted about Ronnie.
My guess is the 2010 tour (with hopefully a new album) is in the works.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 17, 2009 15:06

well, all the heavy lifting is complete now that we have a title. just record a few tunes and we'll be ready to go now....

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 17, 2009 16:07

DandelionPowderman
LOL! The will still be on the tour in 2012 when the tour starts in September 2010, hence the 50th anniversary tour...

If they're planning another 2 year tour late 2010, certainly could go into 2012!

Date: September 17, 2009 16:14

<certainly could go into 2012!>

Would indeed.

Date: September 17, 2009 19:54

jamesjagger
Good source....The guys meet up in 2009 to prepare the 50s anniversary tour in 2012. Sounds like bullshit in my eyes!

Dear James, for someone with that name, you know surprisingly little about how things work in thet band. Your dad actually starts planning more than a year ahead of tour start. And now he's got a few things up his sleeves.
Tour start September 2010.
Tour will include among other things, of course, several shows in the MSG, NY.

Date: September 17, 2009 19:56

windmelody
This sounds good, when will it be released?

Sorry, I don't have the release date. But I've seen the cover art. A bit "cubistic", (Picasso inspired, perhaps) guitar.
Ronnie's also decorated quite a few guitars recently. Voodoo Lounge and Some Girls motives are my favourites.

Date: September 17, 2009 19:59

StonesTod
well, all the heavy lifting is complete now that we have a title. just record a few tunes and we'll be ready to go now....

"I Feel Like Playing" is more or less ready to be released, I think. But I don't know the release date.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 17, 2009 20:02

Addicted
StonesTod

"I Feel Like Playing" is more or less ready to be released, I think. But I don't know the release date.

do you know the record label?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 17, 2009 20:09

The label is supposed to be SHANGRI-LA ENTERTAINMENT who also did the Jerry Lee Lewis CD LAST MAN STANDING with Mick, Keith, and Woody.

Date: September 17, 2009 20:11

thanks - i find it very difficult to imagine there's a viable market out there for a ronnie wood disc at this point.

Date: September 17, 2009 20:20

T&A - record label... Not sure, but think Steve Bing's name was mentioned. He's involved in Shangri la, right? I could be wrong.

Date: September 17, 2009 20:25

T&A
thanks - i find it very difficult to imagine there's a viable market out there for a ronnie wood disc at this point.

Thanks to Rocky Dijon for the info provided while I was desperately searching my purse - for notes from London.

T&A - I'd love to buy Ronnie's album. Probably because I know he plays well, and has had a lot of good friends and wonderful musicians helping him in the studio. I believe a lot of Stones-fans, faces-fans and rock fans in general are keen on listening to Ronnie's album.
His show - with Slash - in Norway this summer was the only success at the Quart festival. Much because of Ronnie. They were paid more than £ 1,1 million pounds (GBP) for that job. So, yes - I think there's a market for Ronnie. And he deserves a market.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-17 21:37 by Addicted.

Date: September 17, 2009 20:29

Addicted
T&A

Thanks to Rocky Dijon for the info provided while I was desperately searching my purse - for notes from London.

T&A - I'd love to buy Ronnie's album. Probably because I know he plays well, and has had a lot of good friends and wonderful musicians helping him in the studio. I believe a lot of Stones-fans, faces-fans and rock fans in general are keen on listening to Ronnie's album.
His show - with Slash - in Norway this summer was the only success at the Quart festival. Much because of Ronnie. They were paid more than £ million pounds (GBP) for that job. So, yes - I think there's a marked for Ronnie. And he deserves a market.

a niche market at best. the stones themselves are pretty much relegated to a niche market, as evidenced by the sales of the remasters.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: September 17, 2009 21:16

I love the old title, but the new one is also good.

Date: September 17, 2009 21:22

'I Feel Like Drinking' might well be a more apt title if today's news is in any way accurate.

Date: September 17, 2009 21:39

Sad he's drinking again, but he'll have to get his act together. Or else Mick and Keith could replace him with someone else. If Ronnie doesn't pass the medical examination they all have to do to get the tour insured, he's not on the tour. Simple as that.

Date: September 17, 2009 21:50

I think you may be right this time.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 17, 2009 22:37

Addicted, do you know if Ronnie's planning some shows to support his new disc?

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: September 17, 2009 23:15

Cool news, thanks for the update! Can't wait to hear the album smiling smiley let us know when you find out more about the release date winking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 17, 2009 23:17

Very promising. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 17, 2009 23:20

IN regards to this Stones tour being planned I'll believe it when there is even a hint of official word.

IN regards to Woody's album...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home