Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Four Flicks Promo Sampler
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: July 11, 2009 15:08

I received the Rattlesnake CD with the Lost Legal Live Tracks and a few songs are taken from a "Warner Four Flicks Audio Promotion Sampler". Never heard of it. Can someone please tell me more about it? Tracklisting? I believe there are two, a 4 track and a 6 track, but I don't know for sure.

Re: Four Flicks Promo Sampler
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 11, 2009 15:48

HTW and JJF ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: July 11, 2009 15:54

X

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-11 22:25 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: July 11, 2009 16:18

Many thanks, UrbanSteel. That's what I wanted to know!

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: November 28, 2009 15:05

Which songs have not appeared on record???

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: November 28, 2009 16:35

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-11 22:26 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 28, 2009 16:35

The main point of interest would be "Stray Cat Blues" which is not on LIVE LICKS. "Jumping Jack Flash" isn't on LIVE LICKS either but does appear on SHINE A LIGHT recorded only three years later.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: November 28, 2009 17:20

what is the gimme shelter medley?

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: January 4, 2010 00:16

If possible can you let me know if there are fades on these tracks, and if so how long and where do they start? I want to make my own version of this like I did the Rock And A Hard Place (Rock Mix). Or could you upload just the first 5 seconds of each, as well as the last 5 seconds?

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: January 4, 2010 00:57

And here the WESTWOOD ONE Four Flicks Press Kit Release

A great thanks to Samthumbs up

Press Kit

Enjoy!

HMN

Date: January 4, 2010 03:59

Can anyone send me these? If GS isn't possible that's fine.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 4, 2010 05:37

Why is there a promo CD for a DVD that only has two songs that are from the live album on the sampler that are on the DVD? Does it encourage people to...watch the DVD or listen to the live album?

Date: January 4, 2010 05:43

skipstone
Why is there a promo CD for a DVD that only has two songs that are from the live album on the sampler that are on the DVD? Does it encourage people to...watch the DVD or listen to the live album?

It's a promo for the DVD box set. Thus it is a FOUR FLICKS promo sampler.

Date: January 4, 2010 05:50

Ha ha. I KNOW that. But it's an audio promo, not a video promo. So how does that work?

Date: January 4, 2010 06:25

skipstone
Ha ha. I KNOW that. But it's an audio promo, not a video promo. So how does that work?

It's for radio stations to play to promote the boxed set. It's for convenience, as it's too much effort to play a song directly from a DVD, and it takes a bit of effort and is questionably illegal to extract audio from a DVD.

Date: January 4, 2010 19:08

OK so then were they the same tracks that would have appeared on Live Licks then? Meaning, did they prepare them but decide not to use them? Or that is not known? That would make sense anyway.

Date: January 4, 2010 20:01

skipstone
OK so then were they the same tracks that would have appeared on Live Licks then? Meaning, did they prepare them but decide not to use them? Or that is not known? That would make sense anyway.

No it was in promotion of Four Flicks, you need to remember Live Licks came out a year later, and this was released before Four Flicks release meaning they probably hadn't even thought of releasing Live Licks yet, yet alone assembling and mastering it.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 23, 2011 16:37

I'd love to see the cover of this promo. The links above are down now. Great and interesting find.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 3, 2011 20:34

Can the Four Flicks Promo Sampler be seen on line or is htere a download for it? Is there anything at all different about the tracks on here compared to the DVD. I remember the Dutch Jumping Jack Flash CD single with the Gas Mask had Street Fighting man without the audience. Nice version too. Anything like that here? Thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home