Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Jagger- speaks French ?
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 1, 2009 05:37

Jagger as a French speaker?

a youtube of Stones En France has an interview. and he sounds fluent in French.
I guess he picked it up living there..

Re: Jagger- speaks French ?
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 1, 2009 05:47

He's been speaking French for decades. Ever listen to the LOVE YOU LIVE CD? 3 years on IORR and you haven't seen half a dozen (or more) of the French interviews me and others have posted? Hard to miss, they're all over the place....

Date: July 1, 2009 05:56

thought so. he speaks phrases in every country, so earlier Love You Live could be that.
just asking. to me its not an easy language to learn, but I'm not around French speaking people much.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 1, 2009 06:19

Does cajun/creole count? (thats what I grew up hearing alot of!)

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: July 1, 2009 06:32

HelterSkelter
He's been speaking French for decades. Ever listen to the LOVE YOU LIVE CD? 3 years on IORR and you haven't seen half a dozen (or more) of the French interviews me and others have posted? Hard to miss, they're all over the place....

Why would you look up to see how long Duke Richardson's been on this board
to make your point? You sound like an old nag! "You;ve been on here three years and you don't know..."
Yes, Jagger does probably know French quite well (Bianca spoke it, too, if I remember correctly), but I'd hardly call the banter on Love You Live a good example of it.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 1, 2009 08:46

one would think Edith Grove hears a bit of it in old New Ahleans

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 1, 2009 11:02

Of course he does .Quite well .Some mistakes in the verbs tenses but who will blame him ?I love to hear his voice when he speaks French .So hot !

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Happy2 ()
Date: July 1, 2009 11:08

Oui, il parle français!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 1, 2009 12:20

At his Pocé château he has a female neighbour : a 80-sth native who probably never left her village and who barely knows who the Stones are (si si!).
And Jagger LOEVS having conversations with her in French thumbs up

Date: July 1, 2009 12:24

dcba
At his Pocé château he has a female neighbour : a 80-sth native who probably never left her village and who barely knows who the Stones are (si si!).
And Jagger LOEVS having conversations with her in French thumbs up
Didn't Jeanne died some years ago ?

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: July 1, 2009 14:07

If i could speak english as he speak french

I will be glad !

HMN
winking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 1, 2009 14:35

jagger has spoken French for decades. Long before he even lived there. In fact, he would regularly converse with Bianca in French in the early part of their relationship at least.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 1, 2009 15:15

Amazing isn't it, that someone knows another language? grinning smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 1, 2009 15:18

oui

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: July 1, 2009 15:58

When he was a young boy he spent his vacations with his family in France, the same country he owns a castle. Marianne faithfull speaks french, bianca too. Anita a little bit I think. He knows so much people in France.

Date: July 1, 2009 16:11

"Didn't Jeanne died some years ago ?"
Hey that's possible. So he DID frequently speak to... (blah blah blah)

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: July 1, 2009 16:27

Moi aussi, quand j'étais un petit garçon j'ai passé mes vacances en France. Très joli! Mais je me souviens pas d’avoir parler avec une octogénaire. Ah, Mick et les femmes…

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-01 17:29 by Greg.

Date: July 1, 2009 16:41

moi, je voudrais que parler Francais...cette langue est tres jolie je crois.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 1, 2009 17:04

There's nothing like a sexy man speaking French!! Ou la la!! Just one more thing that makes Mick so evolved....and did I say sensual?? Ok, SENSUAL!

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 1, 2009 17:59

Koen
Amazing isn't it, that someone knows another language? grinning smiley

Yes, indeed it is! But what makes it almost unbelievable is that this guy speaks not only a pretty good French but also can fairly communicate in at least another half a dozen of the major world languages! See there, look you! Anybody here knows more about his linguistic skills? It's no secret that on tour at almost every gig, in his charming ways, he likes to throw in quite a couple of remarks and phrases in whatever the local language may be, especially during band introduction, among which languages being peregrine ones such as Serbo-Croatian (meanwhile a dying language), Finnish, Romanian, Hungarian, Hindi and Czech, only to name a few.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-01 18:00 by dead.flowers.

Date: July 1, 2009 18:48

Didn't he learn Italian "on the pillow" (as the French say) with a famous model turned First Lady?

Date: July 1, 2009 19:18

duke richardson
moi, je voudrais que parler Francais...cette langue est tres jolie je crois.
Well ,I was told that French has a rich vocabulary ,although it s borrows words from Greek and Latin .
I'd love to speak fluent foreign langages too.

mickschix
There's nothing like a sexy man speaking French!! Ou la la!! Just one more thing that makes Mick so evolved....and did I say sensual?? Ok, SENSUAL!

"Ou la la " has no translation but you're right ;I don't use it ,I say "Whouahh "
You're right ,there's nothing like a sexy Mick speaking French ...winking smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-02 11:43 by SwayStones.

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: July 1, 2009 19:28

he sounds fluent in French

lots of people are bilingual in french and english; what's the big deal about this if jagger is too? it's hardly uncommon

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: July 1, 2009 19:40

do all Brits lose their Brit accent when speaking french? when jagger speaks french, he sounds like any english speaker from anywhere; there is nothing in his french accent to indicate he is a Brit

inarresting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-01 19:49 by Taylor Era.

Posted by: Haristone ()
Date: July 1, 2009 19:48

aprilfool
When he was a young boy he spent his vacations with his family in France, the same country he owns a castle. Marianne faithfull speaks french, bianca too. Anita a little bit I think. He knows so much people in France.

April Fool, would you agree on the fact that his french is better privately than on TV & radio ?

Salut, vieux frère, t'en es où dans ces magazines ?
Lisa est effondrée, elle devait aller à Londres....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-01 19:49 by Haristone.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: July 1, 2009 21:41

Je t'envoi un colis avec les fanzines qui te manquaient et quelques dvd comme d'hab.

Yes, privately his french has less accent than during his public appearances. This is showbiz

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 1, 2009 21:55

tomk
HelterSkelter

Why would you look up to see how long Duke Richardson's been on this board
to make your point? You sound like an old nag! "You;ve been on here three years and you don't know..."
Yes, Jagger does probably know French quite well (Bianca spoke it, too, if I remember correctly), but I'd hardly call the banter on Love You Live a good example of it.

Why? Because I'm into ACCURATE information and it only took me about 5 seconds to
check it out - if he was a new comer I'd understand not knowing (but the name looked slightly familiar so not a new comer) Why so touchy Tom? Hope you don't approve of sloppy research. If I somehow upset Duke then I apologize (but honestly I think he was able to handle it). Oh, and the French spoken on LOVE YOU LIVE - especially the sing a long version of YCAGWYW - is far from simple tourist statement/question banter)

Date: July 1, 2009 22:19

having answered my question (thanks HelterSkelter), the reason I asked it at all was to hopefully get some anecdotes going, like the one about the 80 yr old lady who was his neighbor..
I was pretty sure Jagger is a good French speaker. didn't know he had spent lots of time there as a boy. the advantages of being European. in the US most people aren't multi-lingual. I sure tried to learn French, and I still would like to really learn it. I think its harder as an adult to really learn another language.
and btw I don't spend enough time perusing youtube...but I'm glad to know the ones of Jagger speaking French are there. maybe by listening to them, and others, its a way to learn. ear training...

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 1, 2009 22:35

Lots of people coming from smaller coutries speak several languages.
Me from Denmark - I speak danish, english, german, french, italian and portugues.
And of course - not to harm my neighbours - I can communicate in norvegian and swedish as well.
So to us small country people - speaking a foreign language is nothing special, though Jagger speaks very well french. Just wonder how many other languages he speaks (here I don't think about some consert phrases), but can communicate with onter people in a longer conversation.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 1, 2009 22:53

old joke:

A person who speaks 3 languages is tri-lingual
A person who speaks 2 langauges is bi-lingual
A person who speaks 1 language is... American smileys with beer

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1971
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home