Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Mick Jagger diet
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 10, 2009 03:07

The Mick Jagger diet: how the rocker keeps his shape at 65
June 8, 3:11 PM

Mick Jagger Wants YOU to stay healthy. (Rene/SpreePiX, CC License)
It's not the cigarettes and whiskey diet, if that's what you're thinking. See the Keith Richards Diet if you want to know how a body-punishing, hardcore outlaw rock-and-roller stays slim, though I suspect you may already know. Mick Jagger, on the other hand, announced that he cleaned up his act more than fifteen years ago.
And boy, does it show. While Mick Jagger has always been slim, it would be tough for him to keep up the pace that he does in anything less than fantastic shape.
The stats on 65-year-old Jagger's physique, by way of London's Daily Express:

Weight: 149 pounds
Waist: 28 inches

Distance traveled (running, walking, dancing) in a single concert: 12 miles
For those of us who had difficulty maintaining that sort of weight, size, and endurance when were only 25 years old, here are some of the healthy lifestyle choices Mick Jagger makes.
Regular workouts
Even when he's not strutting across the concert stage, Mick Jagger still gives his devoid-of-all-body-fat physique a workout. Torje Elke is Jagger's personal trainer, with former clients that include soccer celebs, Olympic athletes, and at least one Spice Girl. Elke is part of the entourage that travels with the Rolling Stones when they're on the road, along with a battery of dieticians of masseurs, and she makes sure he keeps fit even between shows.

Less Drinking
Mick Jagger still confesses to indulging in alcohol, and even told The Sun that some partying is necessary just to keep a healthy and happy outlook on life. At his age, though, it's far from an everyday thing. Living in the present may account for at least some of his mind-over-age success. "I try not to think about when I can’t do this any more. I say, ‘don’t look at the clouds of tomorrow through the sunshine of today,'" he told a journalist.

Organic Food
Jo Wood, wife of Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood, has convinced Mick Jagger to go organic. Jo discovered organic eating after being diagnosed with a perforated appendix, and her healthy habits have rubbed off on Jagger and others in their circle of friends. Ex-wife Jerry Hall is reportedly on the bandwagon too, and drummer Charlie Watts ate organic during his throat cancer recovery.

Eating Enough
No one stays in good shape by starving themselves, least of all Mick Jagger, who needs more fuel than the average person for firing the rock star engine. He admits that people have a hard time believing he eats enough because of his small frame, telling Parade Magazine: "... I have to eat an awful lot. People say, 'You’re not eating,' and I eat so much. I say, 'I just ate twice as much as you did. I watched you.'"
The truth for most of us is, though, that eating like Mick Jagger would be meaningless without the tremendous cardiovascular workouts he gets on a regular basis just by doing his job. Want to be as slim as a Stone? Eat organic, cut back on alcohol, and eat regular meals, sure, but what might make a bigger difference?
I'll tell you.
Put on a Rolling Stones CD at least three times a week, and strut your stuff for a total of 12 miles or two hours, whichever comes first.
Then we'll see if you gather any moss.
-Liz Kelly

[www.examiner.com]

Re: The Mick Jagger diet
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 10, 2009 03:12

nice but i dont think mick is 149 pounds, more like 125

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 10, 2009 04:07

Well, someone who claimed to know him well said Mick's favourite foods are chicken, cherries, limeade and anchovies.

Date: June 10, 2009 04:10

Limeade & anchovies?

YUCK! eye popping smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 10, 2009 04:18

Well YEAH chicks cherries sounds correct .... dunno about the other two

ROCKMAN

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 10, 2009 05:42

mentions that charlie ate organic but doesn't mention he's also vegetarian.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: June 10, 2009 13:09

No one's mentioned that great urban myth, the Mars bar yet.

Date: June 10, 2009 18:56

<and she makes sure he keeps fit even between shows.>

He grinning smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 10, 2009 19:18

He was seen recently at Pocé ,In France ; he looks very very thin .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: June 10, 2009 20:04

In Amsterdam during the Paradiso sessions he was on water, rice, and grilled fish.
No fats at all. Read before that he drinks loads of water.
Read that he reacts agressive/strange with alcohol. Ask Charlie !

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: June 10, 2009 20:35

Knowing his love of money, I'm surprised that the Mick Jagger diet book, keep-fit DVD, sportswear etc haven't yet appeared on the market.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 10, 2009 21:13

to take all our money and to laugh as he stuffs his pockets

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: June 10, 2009 21:35

Harlem Shuffler
Knowing his love of money, I'm surprised that the Mick Jagger diet book, keep-fit DVD, sportswear etc haven't yet appeared on the market.

He's Mick Jagger - not Gene Simmons.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 10, 2009 23:20

Correction, cherry juice, not cherries.

This was from Mick's old forum; there was a poster who claimed to have spent a great deal of time with him.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: June 11, 2009 00:29

Nice to see that Keith and Woody are so thin. I'm sure its due to their decreased alcohol consumtion :-)

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 11, 2009 00:42

and a steady diet of Crumpet

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 11, 2009 00:42

Mick eats a lot of fresh salmon too. I know for a fact because when they played Hartford a few years back, it was in the Hartford Courant...the chef at the hotel restaurant where he dined described every morsel that he ate!! The white wine, Evian water, veggies and salmon. I've also been lucky enough to watch Mick eat lunch and believe me, he EATS!! That day he has pasta with Marinara Sauce, a HUGE salad, baggettes and Evian water.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 11, 2009 01:23

Brian Jones - Mick Jagger ........ Denmark March 1965 - Photo Bent Rej

ROCKMAN

Posted by: nanker's phelge ()
Date: June 11, 2009 02:02

remember-no tomatoes!!!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 11, 2009 07:37

grove

thanks for posting what I really found to be a most interesting article and 12 miles??!! do you all believe that?

p

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 11, 2009 07:48

and where was that video clip from in the original article? obviously not the Stones, was it the 85 Live Aid thing or whatever it was? They also sang Dancin in the Streets at that show, did they not?

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: June 11, 2009 10:29

Liz Kelly, the reporter, has actually "castrated" Jagger's personal trainer and given him a new name. TORJE EIKE is definitely a HE. He's also physiotherapist to the other band members when they're on tour, and they all follow his training advice. Everyone's got a customized sheet with his instructions - and they all work out.

Among Jagger's favourites you also find salmon - all types! And nice white wines, a glass or two, but no excess.
Keith: Shepherd's Pie - but you know already. Liver and onions is another favourite. Bangers and mash. Try giving that to Mick, and he'll despice you instantly. Keith eats organic, too, but only because that's what's in the house. Patricia - look how beautiful she looks at 53 - went organic, inspired by Josephine.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: June 11, 2009 11:58

Interesting read. But no way he runs/walks/struts 12 miles in a two-hour show.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 11, 2009 12:18

Well, well.. I do not know if those kind of interviews are necessary. It is nice to be in shape, but in my oppinion men should not talk to much about diets. Women do it, but men who are talking about their figure all the time are getting on my nerves.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 11, 2009 12:32

What about between tours then. Does he run like a half marathon every other day to keep in shape? I doubt it.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: June 11, 2009 12:35

He runs and works out every day, but not half a marathon!
I've met him and Torje - they were running backwards. Supposed to give you a nice, sweet, little touchie. (I just remembered - they both have'em!)

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 11, 2009 12:52

Thommie
Interesting read. But no way he runs/walks/struts 12 miles in a two-hour show.

Indeed, tat would mean he would walk/run 6 miles per hour constantly. If you would normally walk for a hour it would be like 4 miles per hour.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: June 11, 2009 14:17

timbernardis
grove

thanks for posting what I really found to be a most interesting article and 12 miles??!! do you all believe that?

p

I wouldn't doubt that back during the big stadium shows of the '70s & '80s, Mick would have gotten a workout equivalent to a twelve-mile run.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: June 11, 2009 14:21

windmelody
Well, well.. I do not know if those kind of interviews are necessary. It is nice to be in shape, but in my oppinion men should not talk to much about diets. Women do it, but men who are talking about their figure all the time are getting on my nerves.

Mick doesn't talk about his figure all the time, it's more like the journalists ask about it all the time. This doesn't seem like an interview to me, I think the journalist did a cut and paste of different articles.

Date: June 25, 2009 14:24

Mick can't touch this !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1475
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home