Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MESSAGE TO THE COLLECTORS - Champaign 69 (2nd show)
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: June 9, 2009 17:59

I read here: [www.famebureau.com] that the Burbank 72 sessions have been auctioned starting from 2500 £; I'm also reading here in IORR that a guy owns the tape of Champaign 2nd show and there's other interesting unedited stuff around.

My question is: there's no possibility that we constitute a sort of "club" or "membership" and we join together sharing the costs for buying this stuff?

Of course, we can wait years hoping this material will circulate for free, but we could make it faster with a reasonable contribution shared between us.

Before I go further in details regarding the offer I would like to prepare for the tape of Champaign 69, please tell me your opinion and if this proposal sounds interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-09 19:39 by straycat58.

Re: MESSAGE TO THE COLLECTORS - Champaign 69 (2nd show)
Posted by: Paintitblak ()
Date: June 9, 2009 18:26

I'm ready to contribute with a payment...

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: June 9, 2009 19:00

BE VERY WARY....these things get double dipped and you pay big money for something that has already been sold elsewhere. ie 81 shows...

JR

Date: June 9, 2009 19:28

John, we should ask to receive some fragments in advance so that we can verify that the date corresponds, that it's unedited and how's the quality.

I also expect that a 69 tape will not cost a fortune (400? 500?); anyway, the more we are, the lesser the cost.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: June 9, 2009 19:37

stone-relics
BE VERY WARY....these things get double dipped and you pay big money for something that has already been sold elsewhere. ie 81 shows...

JR

So, do you have a recommendation for liberating this recording?

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: June 9, 2009 19:40

I couldn't find the Champaign tape on the site. I saw the Burbank one, but supposedly was auctioned in April....did it sell?

Best,

JR

Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: June 9, 2009 19:47

This is true...

Date: June 9, 2009 19:48

The ref. to the Champaign tape is here :

[www.iorr.org]

but it came out already beginning last year and we're still waiting to grab it with no results.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: June 9, 2009 21:07

As for Champaign 69, count me in.

Posted by: Italystonesfan ()
Date: June 9, 2009 21:28

Count on me .

how would you collect the money? Is paypal OK ?

Marco

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: June 9, 2009 23:00

I'm in.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: June 9, 2009 23:52

stone-relics
I saw the Burbank one, but supposedly was auctioned in April....did it sell?

Best,

JR

The one with the bogus CYHMK?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 10, 2009 00:43

Fame Bureau OOZES greed mixed with necrophilia.... Brrrr!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 10, 2009 00:50

And RE buying new or "new" tapes you might send the wrong message to tape holders : giving an amateur/primitive/historical recording a value is preventing people from giving them for free thru torrent sites.
If Joe Blow gets 1000$ for his horrible/fair tape of a new 69 show I bet another tape owner will demand 3000$ for his 1971 taped-from-the-back-of-the-hall "gem".

In the end tape holders will become tape hoarders cos they'll CERTAINLY think what's offered to them is never enough. And the generous souls who shared their cassettes freely (MSG'72s remember?) will feel cheated... (thick NY accent : "hey IORR boy where's my grand" ) smoking smiley

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-10 00:57 by dcba.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 10, 2009 01:07

I agree with dcba.

I applaud your ambitions, straycat, but I'm very sceptical about giving money for bootlegs which shouldn't be sold commercially in the first place.

Trying to trade Champaign for the Milan '70 show was a better idea, IMHO. But I don't know if that would work out?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 10, 2009 03:00

the only 71 shows i want anymore are the ones with cyhmk and wild horses, and those never happened so i guess not then

Date: June 10, 2009 10:45

I agree there are pro and cons. The cons have been honestly pointed out by dcba.

But in my opinion there's a possible advantage: if people owning the tapes find out that he can sell it here and we fix a maximum price level, it could even be that we'll receive unexpected offers, meaning that, apart Champaign, we could find out additional material exist and make it finally surface.

I can also tell you that selling a tape is not easy; I tried myself, on behalf of a friend of mine, and contacted couple of boots manufacturers at a vinyl fair: I was offered 10 copies free of charge and, of course, my friend owning the tape, declined.

Now, let me add that most of us will have possibility to recover from the investment; I try to explain how using this Champaign tape as example:

1) here we're already 5 to 7 interested to share the cost;let's assume we can reach the number of 10, just to simplify the calculation. If we fix the price at 500 Euros, cost will be 50 Euros per each one of us.

2) If each one of the members find couple of additional friends interested to this tape, he will just have to ask them to share the cost. This means that the member will initially pay 50 but then will divide in three parts this cost.

At the end, the cost for each member will be less than 15 Euros.

-------------------

The above stated, I will prepare an offer for Champaign '69 and another one for Milan 70 and will come back to you if I sort out a positive reply.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: June 10, 2009 19:47

i've never heard the champaign 69 bootleg. but i did go to the aragon show in 02 and met a guy in line from california. we got talking about boots and he said he saw the stones in 69 in champaign and snuck a crappy little cassette player into the venue and taped the show holding up a crappy little mic. it sounded horrible and he gave the tape away. years later he found a boot of champaign 69 and said "wait a minute. this can't be?!" sure enough, his tape.

Date: June 10, 2009 23:14

GOOD NEWS !!!

I receive confirmation from the owner of the Milan 70 1st show that he is interested to receive an offer. For the people that doesn't know about this recording, we're speaking about the complete afternoon show, of which only a few tracks appeared on the video.

I have opened an e-mail account in my name just to follow this transaction: people interested should write me a mail at stonestree@yahoo.it

I will receive hopefully tomorrow some samples of the tape so that we can check the quality (BTW: I know the guy personally).
If you write me at the above address, I will update you with developments and copy everybody so that we can follow the matter altogether.

All you have to do is sending me a mail and I will reply to all of you.

Date: June 11, 2009 10:33

Paintitblak
I'm ready to contribute with a payment...

Italystonesfan
Count on me .

how would you collect the money? Is paypal OK ?

Marco

scaffer
I'm in.

pls. contact me at stonestree@yahoo.it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-11 10:35 by straycat58.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1383
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home