Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

WHY NO 1979 EUROPEAN TOUR
Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: May 22, 2009 18:20

Being they were coming off there best selling album and best critically acclaimed album since Exile...why did the Stones not tour Europe in 1979?

PECMAN

Re: WHY NO 1979 EUROPEAN TOUR
Posted by: mryapp ()
Date: May 22, 2009 18:58

They were not a band that year in Europe.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: May 22, 2009 19:14

Why did they break the pattern of doing U.S. tour one year and then Europe the next?

PECMAN

Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: May 22, 2009 19:57

according to an article issued in a french rock magazine dating from 78 (rock & folk) , it seems that a few shows scheduled in june in small place were cancelled ( france UK germany) !!!!! (the Stones don't want some risk of riot , 2 months before keith judgement .
In the same article the US tour is confirmed for june 78.

Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: May 22, 2009 19:58

but sorry , in french ... the text

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 22, 2009 19:59

Cause of the Keith/Heroin/Toronto thing - the future was shaky and when it wasn't it was too late to put a big tour together...... Maybe Mick was pissed off, Maybe this was the final straw that got them breaking up by DIRTY WORK a few years later.... kind of a delayed reaction thing. It happens, my cousin did something super effed up to the family many years ago and it took me about 4 years after I found out to ream her (verbally) and cut her off for good.... delayed reaction...... (man did I verbally kick her ass you should see the phone bill - she was in Europe, I was in the USA, there's about 25 to 30 hang ups on the phone bill in about 5 minutes - bahahahaha !!!)

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 22, 2009 20:14

jeanmarie
but sorry , in french ... the text

Dear Jeanmarie, No problemo - bien joue!! Merci Beaucoup, Helter (my French is horrible but soon it will be better smiling smiley )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1596
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home