Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
Star Star censored on 2009 remaster
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 18, 2009 18:15

Got this from a fan by e-mail. Comments please!

Bjornulf

-----

Just wondering if Iam the only to notice that Star star has been censored on the 2009 reissue of Goat Head soup.
I qiute annoyed at this considering the fight the Stones had to get the track released. After 30 years this is like tampering with a historical document.
In the song the line "I heard about yor cordorouys, now thats what I call obescne, the tricks with the fruit are kinda cute I bet you keep your p..sy clean".
the last line has been obscured.
I can't believe that the Stones could be aware of this.
Are we to expect future reissues in the 2009 remasters to be censored?
I hope fans take up this issue and the Stones themselves get to hear about it.

Thanks IAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-18 22:43 by bv.

Re: STAR STAR CENSORED ON 2009 REMASTER
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 18, 2009 18:17

Yeah, it's true and it's horrible. In the style of the Rocks Off butchering on Live Licks. They just put another line on top of it. You hear 2 Mick's singing with loud voice at the same time and it sounds like the CD is broke. Horrible sad smiley

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: May 18, 2009 18:17

Probably used the old USA LP tape to make the new "Master"....ha...they didnt do anything to them...just pressed it up.

Dont waste yer money. LISTEN TO THE LPS!

JR

Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: May 18, 2009 18:18

Stupid, especially since the unedited version was released on the 1994 remaster!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 18, 2009 18:21

That's an awful thing to do. It's like making changes to a painting by Picasso.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 18, 2009 18:22

The Stones
That's an awful thing to do. It's like making changes to a painting by Picasso.

did pablo use dirty words on some of his paintings?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 18, 2009 18:25

........bv...ought to start an official petition that members of iorr can sign and send to the Stones offices. An official fan club protest!!!...

Posted by: mickschix ()

I think that's horrific and I also hate the way they censor SFTD and Some Girls in concert! They are letting the fans down and certainly copping out! So, where have our BAD BOYS gone??

Posted by: ryanpow ()

what a bunch of @#$%& bullshit.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 18, 2009 18:37

I guess they were lazy when they made the remster, but you never know. Mick have changed the lyrics slightly to Sympathy and several other songs when they are performed live. I don't know if this is somebody getting old or just a working accident. If it is an accident then they shold fix the problem and offer replacements. If it is real censorship then it is bad, really bad...

Bjornulf

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 18, 2009 18:39

bv criticizing the stones; i wonder what the temperature in hell is today...

Date: May 18, 2009 18:41

bv
I guess they were lazy when they made the remster, but you never know. Mick have changed the lyrics slightly to Sympathy and several other songs when they are performed live. I don't know if this is somebody getting old or just a working accident. If it is an accident then they shold fix the problem and offer replacements. If it is real censorship then it is bad, really bad...

Will you raise the issue with someone? indeed I think it'd be worth it!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 18, 2009 18:41

StonesFanatic
Stupid, especially since the unedited version was released on the 1994 remaster!

even more stupid considering the rest of the world have had the unedited version from day one.

and doubly stupid considering theres a more obvious expletive which is repeated about 30-40 times during the course of the same song.

Date: May 18, 2009 18:44

Gazza
StonesFanatic

even more stupid considering the rest of the world have had the unedited version from day one.

and doubly stupid considering theres a more obvious expletive which is repeated about 30-40 times during the course of the same song.

No shit...so no "pussy" but plenty of "@#$%&"? Idiotic...

Date: May 18, 2009 18:45

Gazza
StonesFanatic

Mick clearly sings Starbucker on the remastered CDs (kidding winking smiley )

Posted by: normanplace ()
Date: May 18, 2009 18:46

I may have missed this one....how do they censor SFTD?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 18, 2009 18:47

Gazza
StonesFanatic

That's what I was wondering. Did they bleep out puzzy but keep in starf'er. That really doesn't make sense. Unfortunately just another case of a band not caring about the product they put out and giving a crap about their fans.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 18, 2009 18:48

normanplace
I may have missed this one....how do they censor SFTD?

They leave out the "who killed the Kennedy's" line.

Posted by: leahfoxx ()
Date: May 18, 2009 18:53

I think I heard Mick use the "P word" at least once on a live recording of IORR(I bet you think you're the only p_ssy in town) from the Bigger Bang tour, so why would he cop out on leaving it in here? Especially as Gazza points out the chorus throughout the rest of the song...

Date: May 18, 2009 18:56

This idiocy is on a par with airbrushing out the cigarette in Paul's hand on the cover of Abbey Road. It's only rock 'n' roll but we musn't upset anyone.....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 18, 2009 18:59

Its not a case of Jagger choosing to omit it. Its the record company. The Stones most likely made no contribution to the re-release.

Oh, and another classic example of self-censorship was when they finally debuted "Some Girls" in concert in 1999 and Mick decided that it's now 'white girls who like to get fúcked all night', which seemed a bit daft after the trouble he went to when the record originally came out to deny he was being racist or misogynistic against black women....even dismissing the outcry with the classic riposte, "if they cant take a joke - fúck 'em.."

Date: May 18, 2009 19:06

^no kidding....because we all know the super-common stereotype about white girls, right? *rolls eyes*

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: May 18, 2009 19:06

bv
Got this... did not get time to look into it. Comments?

Bjornulf

1) Wasn't there something 'bout writing capital letters ("Write normal text, please do not write in UPPER CASE unless it is natural in the context", [www.iorr.org] ); sorry couldn't resist!!!
2) Doesn't that "cordorouys" have to be "polaroids"?

Otherwise no comment, except just don't buy it.

Date: May 18, 2009 19:11

Don't worry, I won't!

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: May 18, 2009 19:19

Hey, a version that only US LP owners had until now.
A good reason for buying this CD !!!

Let me have a dream : maybe they will put the longuest and until now 8-track-only versions of Beast of Burden and Miss You on Some Girls...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: May 18, 2009 19:44

Doc
Hey, a version that only US LP owners had until now.
A good reason for buying this CD !!!

Let me have a dream : maybe they will put the longuest and until now 8-track-only versions of Beast of Burden and Miss You on Some Girls...

First: Yes, you are right: Universal remastered and released the old US-LP-Versions of all these 14 albums. Now we can get this "clean material" worldwide ..., and we have to expect the US-clean ONNYA on ABB, too.

US will clean the world!

To your dreams about Some Girls:

Miss You comes in 4:49
Beast Of Burden in 4:25

I listen to it just now.

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: May 18, 2009 20:02

I don't have a problem with it.It's kind of like having a rarity on CD with the censored Star Star. We all have the uncensored version already, so we can play that version if we want to hear the word pussy. Or make your own CD-r with the other version as a bonus track.

The rest of the CD(s) sound exactly as the Virgin to me. Really no need to buy them except if you want the censored Star Star.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: May 18, 2009 20:07

BTW: THE US version of Star Star was released officially by The Rolling Stones on LP by themselves, so it was NEVER CENSORED!!!

Just another Version, US-clean

Posted by: masseolle ()
Date: May 18, 2009 20:07

At first I thought that CD player got a "virus" or something. Yes, they released the censored version and once again we let the Stones rip us off! I bought the first four rm ones and sure they sound great but they obviously don´t care anymore. It is like in Germans book, especially his account from the 89/90 tour. A lot of bulshit going on!

Mats Larsson

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: May 18, 2009 20:10

In the time of nonstop obscenities in music, what would provoke Universal in to do something like that?

CBII

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1943
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home