Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones To Perform At The White House
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: April 22, 2009 11:29

WASHINGTON D.C. - One of the world's greatest rock and roll
bands of all time has been booked to play at the White House.

A White House representative has in fact confirmed that Mick Jagger, Keith Richard, and the rest of the Rolling Stones band will be performing at the White House on May, 13, 2009.

The concert will be in conjuction with President Obama's Weekly Wednesday White House All-Time Classic Music Fest.

The president said that the (Rolling) Stones have always been his and First Mama Michelle's all-time favorite band. He confessed that even though he can only understand about 20 percent of Mick's lyrics he still likes him.

One of the president's harshest critics Rush "The Mushmouth" Limbaugh has criticized Obama because of the fact that he will be sending Air Force One to London to pick up the band and fly them to America and then take them back to London.

When the president was told of Limbaugh's remark, he shook his head and said, "Mr. Limbaugh is getting real close to having his industrial-sized fat ass thrown in jail for several damn good secret reasons."

When asked to elaborate, the president smiled and commented, "'Fat Boy' knows exactly what I'm talking about and if his 400 pounds were brains, he would shut his big GOPunk mouth up in .3 seconds."

The president was asked what Rolling Stone songs are his family's favorites. He said that his personal favorite is "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" because it has a special meaning due to the nation's horrible state of the economy, which he added, he inherited from King George and the Dick, Cheney.

He said that Michelle's favorite song is "Paint It Black" and he laughed and added, for the obvious reason.

When asked about Malia and Sasha, he thought about it for a moment and then replied, "I know Malia's favorite Rolling Stone song is "Get Off Of My Cloud" because I happen to know that she sings it at least six or seven times a day.

But as for Sasha's favorite, I think that I would have to narrow it down to two...and interestingly enough, they are both about Mothers.

One is "Have You Seen Your Mother Baby Standing In The Shadow?" and the other is "Mother's Little Helper."

When the president was asked who he would like to see perform in upcoming Wednesday night music concerts he did not miss a beat and immediately replied, Alicia Keys, Beyonce, Rihanna, and Mariah Carey.

"Because they are four of the greatest Black female singers in the country?" He was asked.

And he replied, "Ah...yeah, because they are four of the greatest Black female singers in the country...yes that's it."

In a related story. Michelle Obama has gone on record as saying that the rumor that she has just gotten a tattoo on her lower back that reads "First Mama" are totally false.

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

I know it isn't that funny but......well.

Re: The Rolling Stones To Perform At The White House
Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: April 22, 2009 12:30

It's awful!!

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: April 22, 2009 13:08

I wonder if they paint the White House black?

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: April 22, 2009 13:21

tippy2toes
It's awful!!

I know but it passes the time of day.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 22, 2009 13:29

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 22, 2009 15:03

ya sure they are ,and i am going to rehab for all my vices. what a bunch of crap .

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 22, 2009 16:11

I think it's funny smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: April 22, 2009 16:19

They did seem kind of chummy with the Clintons in 'Shine a Light'

"Well now we're respected in society
We don't worry about the things that we used to be
We're taking heroin with the president
Well it's a problem, sir, but it can be bent
Uh yes!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-22 16:28 by Keefan.

Posted by: slasausjes ()
Date: April 22, 2009 18:45

Dick and Mick in Ol' DC!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-22 18:45 by slasausjes.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 22, 2009 20:09

Not bad.

Date: April 22, 2009 20:14

I recently rewatched "Gimme Shelter" and was struck by the part where a white lady was handing out flyers to the crowd, in support of some Black Panthers who had been arrested. Even though she was for the Black Panthers, she said "After all, they're just negroes".

Its funny how the connotation of the word has changed so much in the past 40 years...now its only used by dumb ass redneck racists.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 22, 2009 20:49

To all outside the US, the term negro is not used anymore, and my own experience is I am hearing from all different races common use of the word black more often than African American, but I don't know if there is a consensus of what is preferred.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 22, 2009 21:01

MKjan
To all outside the US, the term negro is not used anymore, and my own experience is I am hearing from all different races common use of the word black more often than African American, but I don't know if there is a consensus of what is preferred.

Wouldn't it be just as easy to refer to him as the president,regardless of race?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 22, 2009 21:01

Well.............one of my kids is black (his mom is Jamican) and he calls himself "black" and considers me "white".

You see, at the end of the day......it really doesnt matter, right?

Date: April 22, 2009 21:06

Cafaro
Well.............one of my kids is black (his mom is Jamican) and he calls himself "black" and considers me "white".

Right, sounds like a cool family.

Date: April 22, 2009 21:07

MKjan
Cafaro

Right, sounds like a cool family.

I agree absolutely.

Date: April 22, 2009 21:09

Agreed, it is easiest/best to refer to him as President.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 22, 2009 21:42

I think you're over reacting to the negro thing - it's obviously part of the joke.

I don't understand the mentality behind blacks calling themselves "African-American" when they are not from Africa. That's like white people in America calling themselves European-Americans. Which certainly is fine but see no white person in America that is born in the United States is from...Europe.

And if you want a real strong opinion about black Americans, ask someone from Africa what they think about black American's calling themselves "African-American".

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: April 22, 2009 21:49

franzk
I wonder if they paint the White House black?

Maybe in the colours of rainbow.

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 22, 2009 21:56

They're not gay.

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1271
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home