Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The O2 arena
Posted by: tomremi ()
Date: April 3, 2009 23:57

I have a question for those of you who have been at the O2 arena.
Tickets in the 118 section, are they good?
Does anyone have pics taken from this section during a concert?

-TomR

Re: OT: The O2 arena
Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: April 4, 2009 03:03

I would hold out for 101 with a seat number of 15 or higher...

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: April 4, 2009 14:42

I've sat in that block twice now, the view is great, only downside you can't see the main screen clearly, or at a Stones gig, you wouldn't be able to see Charlie! I'd rather be in that block than 111 or 102.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: April 4, 2009 15:07

I was in the front of 101 for the last night of ABB and it was fantastic. Got photos and Mick (and Keith when he had a wander!) closer than floor tickets plus you could see behind stage when Mick was being 'refurbished' during Keith's solo slot! Depending on where you where in 118 and the layout of the stage you would also have a great view although obviously you're going to see a lot of the backs of the performers. The Stones move such a lot it really doesn't matter but other performers are more static and it could be a poor view.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 4, 2009 18:37

i was the last night in section 112, great view!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 4, 2009 20:43

I was in 112 for the 2nd Stones O2 show - the seats had been released at the last minute and were supposed to be "restricted view" - the view looked like this:

I'd guess it depends how the stage is set up how much you'll see, but it's nice and close to the band.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: April 6, 2009 08:37

tomremi
I have a question for those of you who have been at the O2 arena.
Tickets in the 118 section, are they good?
Does anyone have pics taken from this section during a concert?

-TomR

No friend, is very bad.
The better on first ring is 101 or 112, very good 106 or 107 too.
Sici

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 6, 2009 09:52

inopeng
I would hold out for 101 with a seat number of 15 or higher...

Absolutely agree ... and the other thing you need to know about block 101 is that the first few rows (maybe 7 in total I think - so say A to G) do not exist. That is because they've been removed for the wheelchair ramp and the wheelchair area itself. So if you are in block 101 row H, you're actually in the front row, and the seats I think go from low to high (low being closest to the stage), 15 upwards is just f f f f f f f fantastico !! I had a block of four in row H, something like 13/14/15/16 I seem to recall, for one of the three Stones shows, absolutely outrageous view.

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: April 6, 2009 14:38

it's a great view if you want to watch Chuck work his magic on those keys!

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: April 6, 2009 16:09

Going on a consensus of opinion of my own experience and that of friends, the Lower Tier blocks with the best view is from 111 or 102, 112 or 101 less so as you are looking side on to the stage more.

It is all down to personal preference though.

I'd say 118 1nd 113 are a bit too far round, so you will never get a front view of the stage, nor the breadth of accoutic spread you would on the floor or on the middle side Lower Tiers.

Beyond that, never ever get anything in the Upper Tier, i.e. the 400 blocks, vertigo inducing and as it is above the Corporate Boxes isolated from the atmosphere of the crowd lower down.

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: April 6, 2009 16:29

Paulywaul is right. For the third Stones show I had 101, row H, seat 15 and it was "front row" and seat 15 was on the end...the perfect seat! And I got it through Ticketmaster (the British version) less than a week before the show! Good luck!

Date: April 6, 2009 16:31

Lady Jayne, based on your post, would you be so kind as to send me an e-mail at inopeng@yahoo.com? Thank you...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home