Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A different side of Mick
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 5, 2009 05:18

...from some BBC kids show...unexpexted to say the least..

Re: A different side of Mick
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: January 5, 2009 05:55

GREAT! Thanks!

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: January 5, 2009 07:16

Man, that was STRANGE.....

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: January 5, 2009 08:47

that was pretty cool!

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: January 5, 2009 11:26

From when is this?

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: January 5, 2009 14:43

No wonder he gave up on his autobiography - "my first marriage - in 1975"??? grinning smiley

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 5, 2009 15:51

Blimey, Jagger aint half patient!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 5, 2009 16:29

The broadcast is from 2000,it's called"Pass the mic".

Two cameras are pointed on the tiny stage.

it's not the " British Broadcasting Corp."but a very little production sty.

The whole stuff and public are teenagers and the guest was Mick Jagger.Most of the teens from YCTV are 11 to 20 years old;they had been fired from school.They ruined their studies,are bored in the universities,had trouble with the police and some girls are pregnant or into drugs.

Luke Hyams, 19 years old,drives the interview to Jagger
Four years ago,his life was very different:

“I had a difficult time at a school in London which eventually asked me to leave. No other school wanted to take me in. I had no job qualifications, no future.”

Jagger arrived. Hyams questioned. Jagger answered. And soon another show was wrapped. All in all, just another day at work for the production staff at YCTV.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 5, 2009 16:34

Forgot to say:
YCTV aims to develop young people's skills and ability to manage their own affairs, and assists young people to prepare for the transition into the world of work and higher education, through providing training in and practical experience of television production. YCTV is particularly concerned at making this provision available to young people from socially, culturally or economically disadvantaged groups.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 5, 2009 22:11

Let's look at a different side of Keith:

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 6, 2009 13:26

Actually, it is easy to deride some of these kids shows. However, I think its a Channel 4 (uk) weekend production where the link people are actually quite sharp and don't fawn all over the "stars". They may not have this spot now, but there was one where the viewing public offered up questions and then a selection of 20 were chosen. Not sure how rehearsed it was, but it seemed fairly spontaneous.
Most interviews in the music press are so tame, they are more like PR jobs, to promote the latest product.Celebrities got a much harder time pre 1970.
Mick just ignores questions he doesn't want to answer and Keith despite an impression of openess is equally evasive.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 6, 2009 15:00

Thanks, that was awesome; I liked seeing the British TV interviews which we never get to see in the States! That brought me back to my own youth and I actually felt that ole excitement returning, in anticipation of the next tour!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1599
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home