Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Keith´s condition. What we do wish. What would we get.
Date: December 19, 2008 01:57

Hi all from Madrid,

Have you ever met with your friends some saturday night (I am near in my forties, overweighted, major hairloss), with some alcohol running through your veins, trying to do some fun acting as if you were still a slim longhaired teenager and finally coming back home thinking to yourself...oh Jesus...I felt good but ...it is not the proper time...I was feeling real well but...I did a bad performance...and the jokes did not sound as funny as before..

After watching the video attached by schillid of Keith playing with The Crickets and his the further interview, I have hesitated about the advisability of a new world tour. I think it has been enough. They should not press their luck. When I watched the video I have seen his true feeling, his true passion but I have not seen the minimum of condition for a Rock and Roll Tour (I mean the minimum standard for making a monster-world tour with dignity).

(I am getting ready for the criticismgrinning smiley). Regards from Spain.

Re: Keith´s condition. What we do wish. What would we get.
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 19, 2008 02:48

I have to admit it. Keith can't play anymore.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 19, 2008 04:29

he won't call it a day, but, yeah, he probably should. this is only going to get worse....

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: December 19, 2008 04:32

Looks like he missed his hair dying appointment

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: December 19, 2008 05:20

oh dear....

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: December 19, 2008 06:00

It's pointless criticizing Keith's playing here. Most of the time he's just doing old style fills based on the original recordings - virtually all of his fills are fine - behind the front man's basic block chords. What's Keith supposed to do? If they wanted KEITH to play the basic rhythm (like he used to on Not Fade Away), that might have told us something.

On the solo, Keith appeared ready to play either in the 4 chord or the root, but it was the front man who appeared shaky, so Keith just hit a couple of root notes and two-note chords to keep it safe either way.

On the last tour (moreover, toward the end of the last tour) Keith belted out some seriously good solos. It's not at all clear that he can't still rock n' roll.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: December 19, 2008 07:41

Im no guitar player
but keith seemed fine to me

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 19, 2008 08:11

...maybe that's why there's Ronnie and Blondie. Keith letting them play is another story.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 19, 2008 08:26

severaltimesregistered
After watching the video attached by schillid of Keith playing with The Crickets and his the further interview,

Just want to be clear that I didn't actually shoot any of those videos myself...

Only uploaded 'em

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 19, 2008 10:19

Duane in Houston

the natural grey look, suits him.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: December 19, 2008 10:22

Nothing wrong with a man with grey hair

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: December 19, 2008 10:34

Great looking legs! What fun to say that about a man who is 65!!

Okay, today's economy, Keith's playing ability, gray hair, etc., etc., etc. ...I'd be well willing to fork over whatever ridiculous ticket prices they offered....and, I'd do it repeatedly!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2008 11:11

Laugh or cry?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 19, 2008 11:24

Loudei
I have to admit it. Keith can't play anymore.

Absolute bollocks

Posted by: Esperola ()
Date: December 19, 2008 11:42

I'd say he's fine. Buddy Holly's songs are not the most complicated, he did his fills just fine. And grey hair? So what?! And he was talking as he always has. I can't see a problem, really.

"Rape, murder, it's just a shot away..."

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: December 19, 2008 12:01

Ah, jeeezzzzezzz. Here we go again! Another bunch of people who have not passed their exams to become physicians behaving as if they're over qualified to make statements on Keith's condition. And "wanna-be-musicians" who haven't got a clue trying to instruct or conduct a band...
It's totally worthless and an absolute waste of internet resources to try to stir up another anti Keith campaign. BTW, who won the iorr.org poll???

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: December 19, 2008 12:57

Addicted
Ah, jeeezzzzezzz. Here we go again! Another bunch of people who have not passed their exams to become physicians behaving as if they're over qualified to make statements on Keith's condition. And "wanna-be-musicians" who haven't got a clue trying to instruct or conduct a band...
It's totally worthless and an absolute waste of internet resources to try to stir up another anti Keith campaign. BTW, who won the iorr.org poll???

is an opinion a anti-campaign?
it's just a fact thet he can hardly play nowadays. and it is kinda said!
but thats life...he's 65...i would never complain about his looks, his grey hair or whatever.
but still he is the coolest guy ever and the greatest songwriter of all time!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 19, 2008 13:14

Lets just see what the results are like when Keith /Stones start recording again...then judge.
Re his health...again just speculation. His book (due out 2010) may shed some light on his arthritis/ drink consumption etc which seems to obsess so many IORR members but again its just pure speculation.
Of course his book may not reveal any of the above.
Oh dear, more speculation!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 19, 2008 13:45

Adrian-L
Duane in Houston

the natural grey look, suits him.

Yeap! And there's nothing wrong with his guitar playing either.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 19, 2008 14:14

Happy24
And there's nothing wrong with his guitar playing either.

ummmm......

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 19, 2008 14:43

Like many drug addicts that I know - IN DENIAL!!!!!! Bless keith for trying to do his gig, regardless the money, glory and age. He loves it. And there is nothing more important in life than to do what you love. But let's face it, there is something wrong here, he is obviusly limited by some physical or mental problem, or sadly speaking decease. Or maybe he is just 65. Either way I love and respect the man.

Do a little research. Keith always improvised so well, and came up with awesome shit. Check hail Hail Rock n Roll for example, he did awesome fills there...Not Fade Away is a tune that is in his blood stream. Check the video , check his body language...he seems freaking lost on the fret board, just like Shine a Light. THe Stones played this tune as an openner on the Voodoo Launge tour and Keith played the same part and it sounded awesome. I am a guitar player and I know once in a while you may not land on your feet, but come on... how long is Keith gonna take this on? Someone please show me a video of a good Keith solo from 2002 on... am not trying to be an @#$%& here, but like Keith himself says I always tell the truth.

Posted by: clarkemf ()
Date: December 19, 2008 14:48

Posted by: Miranda ()
Date: December 19, 2008 14:59

Hello Everyone!

I am new on the IORR site!! So..this is my first reply!
I am a huge keith fan, and I can see the playing is not what it was 20 years ago...even 5 years ago.

But Keith does what he can! A tour? He can handle it! I have seen much worse interviews with keith just after his brain surgery. He had no time to recover, after the surgery right back on stage.

He didn't give himself the time to recover.

Keith is definately better now. And: don't forget this 'Cricketts" song is a simple song.
Keith could have done more than just playing the A and D , but still.

As long as keith can keep up with the Stones, he will continue.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: December 19, 2008 18:22

As was discussed when this li'l event took place....Keith was there to pay homage to the Crickets, not to grandstand and steal the show from them.
I don't know, but I suspect they had very little time to rehearse. I was just happy to be in the same room with the guy. Maybe I'm biased on his side, but I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: December 19, 2008 19:15

last night jay leno congratulated Keith on his 65th birthday
and also for the 40th anniversary of him looking like he was 65.

ouch

Posted by: SimonV ()
Date: December 19, 2008 19:39

Although to me Keith's playing is nowhere near the 'wow'-level it once had, I still enjoy seeing and hearing him play.

If I could give him advise, it would be to seriously listen to what he's playing on Shine A Light and ask himself: is this all I've got? And then listen to for example Ladies & Gentlemen, and say to himself: that's ME up there producing that music. I could do it then and it's still in my head and in my fingers.

But please, no matter what, keep touring! A musician that stops making music is worth nothing in this world.

Simon
myspace.com/koningsimon

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: December 19, 2008 19:52

I think Keith is just the Living, Breathing Jessie James these days. Crowds just want to see him up there playing. It's a bit like Jerry Garcia in his final days w/The Grateful Dead.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 19, 2008 19:59

there's of course nothing wrong with losing a few steps as a player. What's wrong is that they've toured as if this hasn't happened--massive stages, astronomical ticket prices. And ultimately it's the fans to blame for eating this stuff up.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 19, 2008 20:02

i'm a wild and crazy guy and i blame-a-myself

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 19, 2008 20:57

It's really sad that our superhero is a sad reflection of his former self.The coolest guy on the planet has become an embarassment.And I for one ain't going to pay mega bucks to see the demise.Yeah I still love Keef,but he's way past his best.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home