THANKS TO ... --
This list is compiled with the help of the following publications:
- Schwarzbuch (Blackbook), by Dieter Hoffmann and Peter Winterstein, Rodgau 1997
- Weissbuch, by Dieter Hoffmann, Winsen 1991
- The Ultimate Guide 1962-1995, by Felix Aeppli, Bromley 1996
- The Complete Works Vol 1 and 2, by Nico Zentgraf
- Collector's Delight Or Collector's Disease by Nico Zentgraf
- Basement News, by Dieter Hoffmann, Germany
- It's Only Rock'n Roll, by Bjørnulf Vik, Norway
- Stones People Magazine, by Joscam International BV, Holland
- Front Row, by Olaf Reuthebuch, Germany
Websites, Mailing Lists, Newsgroups:
- The Fingerprint File (http://www.primenet.com/~ayso13/stones.html)
- Sticky Fingers Journal Mailing List (StickyFingersJournal@worldnet.att.net)
- Undercover Mailing List (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Stones Newsgroup (alt.rock-n-roll.stones)
... and of course my own collection.
For further detailed information about the listed titles the publications of Dieter Hoffmann are highly recommended and an absolute must for every collector:
- The Rolling Stones Schwarzbuch is a loose leaf collection of accurate descriptions of Stones bootleg CDs and LPs with tracklisting, exact sources, quality rating, cover, label and matrix numbers, front and back cover and label photos (partly in colour). The "start set" came out in 1997 and contains about 230 CD entries and 45 LP entries in a plastic folder. Supplements are released yearly, the first came out in April 1998. Price for the start set and each supplement is 75.- DM (Deutsche Mark) = about $ 45 without postage.
- The Basement News are published three times a year and contain short reviews of all new official and bootleg CDs and LPs, detailed reviews of selected releases, tour reports with statistical tables, book reviews and much more interesting things. Price for a subscription (one year) incl. postage: Germany: 20.- DM, Europe: 25.- DM, Overseas: $ 23.-.
Subscribe now at: Basement News Distribution, Waldstr. 59, D-63110 Rodgau, Germany.
All CDs of which you find full reviews in the Schwarzbuch, Weissbuch or Basement News are refered to in the list below: See SB (= Schwarzbuch) See WB (=Weissbuch) or See BN # (= Basement News with issue number).
This list mainly gives information about the contents of the CDs. For more information about cover, label and matrix numbers and different released versions see also the above listed publications.
All titles are listed consequently in alphabetic order regardless of any word separations and numbers. Numbers are listed as if they were written in words.
Titles beginning with an english article (a, an, the) are listed under the second word.
Not listed are CDs containing only interviews and no music.
CD-Recordable (CD-Rs) are in a separate section at the end. However since the CDR market is rather confused (everyone with a CDR burner can make a CDR), only selected CDRs with great quality and professional artwork are listed.